Dima logach

why i don't feel the strong determination sit?

3 posts in this topic

ive been meditating for over a year now and started to do strong determination sits lately, 

so the thing is that i make myself comfortable with cushions (sitting almost straight and half cross legged kinda) and do my 1 hr sit, and i stay mindful but i almost feel no pain and the sit is pretty easy you could say (mostly feel sleepy and drowsy), so my question is should i make myself a little uncomfortable to harden the sit or to make it longer or something, just need some tips for that

@Dima logach

Do you often daydream when you are supposed to be mindfull? Have you tried something like labeling or self-inquiry or some other technique? 

There are multitude of meditation and yoga techniques you can try if your current practise does not seem to give much result. 

@molosku i do try to stay mindful and sometimes also label, but the point is because of the still sitting i get very very still and calm and my mind naturally becomes sleepy so i thought maybe i should make myself a little less comfortable so the pain will keep me awake. and don't get me wrong, its one of the best techniques I've experimented with but i feel i just don't get the full effect of the suffering and being mindful through that