IVONNE

Why Do I Feel Bad When I See People My Age Starting A Family

5 posts in this topic

hello,

its almost a trend, everyone wants babies and pushchairs. what makes them think its the time?

why do i feel left out and why do i worry?

Is it normal?

Hi Ivonne,

You might be comparing yourself to others, I had a best friend from school who is now married with a kid coming and most of my friends got Married. It might just be a belief and maybe you want it the happiness that they seem to have or you might feel left behind. Its perfectly normal. You can be content within yourself for that matter.

Not including some potential hormonic reasons, I would just say:

Many people define their values based on the standards of society. When people tend to get the newest smartphone, probably you will also want to have one. The real question is, what is it that you truly desire? I go to university and I compare myself to others. At the family reunion I compare myself to the cousins that are my age. When I walk on the street and see people that I don't know, guess what, I compare myself to them. Am I taller than him or her? Am I better looking? Comparing isn't something that we can deactivate. Because our brain is just too good. There is only one thing that you have control over. That would be not judging too much. 

You should realize that there is nothing bad about having a baby. Let's say, you are in a relationship and everything kinda seems perfect. You have a nice job and so does he. Why not try to make a baby? Create a human being. Feed it with your love. Imagine your baby smiling at you. I guess that there's gotta be something good about it. But in the western world this isn't such a popular thought. Because nowadays they all just want to enjoy life a little more and stuff.

Just do whatever you want. There is no right or wrong. The only thing that would be wrong is if you worry too much about such things. Find your happiness. 

I guess its normal. But societal norms should never define or dictate what we truly want.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly