lmfao

Is Sadhguru right about these particular foods being "negative pranic"?

8 posts in this topic

Sadhguru states that "garlic, onion, asafoetida, chilli, eggplant, coffee, tea, alcohol and all nervous stimulants and intoxicants" are "negative pranic foods". I don't know how much of this list is true or false. 

In his explanations he says that these things stimulate the nervous system and hence dull ones senses, making ones perceptive faculties less sharp. And this basically has everything to do with the meditative/yogic/contemplative practices. When it comes to coffee, tea and alcohol I can believe this reasoning relatively easily. 
But then when it comes to the foods mentioned, I'm curious about the exact logic behind making these statements. I google and research these things and can't really find anything about garlic or onion for example stimulating the nervous system. I don't know in what sense he means these things stimulate the nervous system. Whether or not I understand the logic I'm also just curious if it's true that these foods dull ones senses. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

All nervous system simulators fuel the ego/mind. That is why they are avoided.

When the nervous system is calm, the soul/spirit/true-self is more present.

When the nervous system is agitated, the defence mechanism arises: Ego.

B R E A T H E

@lmfao he actually noted that if you wanna go somewhere in this work you must avoid some things. Like ice-cold water and other things that you mentioned.

Sometime ago I deleted all gluten products from my diet and wow how sharp I was.

Mahadev

i have tried to follow his advaices for couple of mounth, mostly placebo results....

you should focuse on your path, if you really sensative to food so your path (or part of it) is to focuse about the food you eat

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

I bought a book from the Isha foundation with a bunch of recipes and there's Chili and other "negative pranic food" in them. There's a coherence probleme here. I don't know what to do with that but in my experience the problem I would see with those food is linked to digestion not the nervous system. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

Yes. Though I'd suggest not to take in anything anyone says by word. Test it out and experiment it yourself. Whatever he says is a generalized broad opinion to cater to a majority of the people. We are responsible to decide whether it applies to us or not, individually. 

Garlic and onion are very good in treating cold and flu symptoms, but when taken regularly, after being cooked, they don't do anything much in terms of nutrition. Also if you give up garlic and onion, you might have to give up some foods, that are hard to digest as garlic and onion aid digestion and prevent gas. I know people who don't eat them and have a lot of joint pain issues due to this. So it depends. If you wish to read more about it, check out books on 'Ayurveda'. It is not a black and white list of what is good and bad or wrong and right food, it is mostly a system of combining foods - which ones go with which and when, depending on your personal body type and the weather. 

Edited by rNOW

@lmfao You can check out this video I find very interesting on this topic. Though if you're not an Indian, or know about the food culture here, a lot of it might sound alien. 

@modmyth Thanks for the information. 

@TheSomeBody

On 26/11/2019 at 8:53 PM, TheSomeBody said:

i have tried to follow his advaices for couple of mounth, mostly placebo results....

Interesting

@inFlow Yeah I remember hearing him talk about drinking lukewarm water now.

@rNOW Thanks for the link. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.