Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moon777light

How to Change Your Mind: Science of Psychedelics by Michael Pollan 9/10

4 posts in this topic

About 70% of the way through and this book is incredible. If you are planning to do psychedelics or have done them, this is a must read. Despite the title, it isnt a self-help book or a how-to guide for psychedelics. Its about this guys investigation into the realm of these entheogens, where you discover the history of psychedelics (how they were used centuries and millenia ago), history of the first renaissance (the 1950s-1970s), the reaosning for their second renaissance occuring now (started back in 2006), you learn the neuroscience about what they do in your brain, theres a whole chapter with Paul stamets in it (woohoo), a chapter of the authors trips, specifically on shrooms, LSD, and 5-meo-DMT (he's done them first time in his life at age 60!), and how they can be potentially used to heal fear of death, depression, addiction, and so on. Really surprised this isn't on leo's booklist

On 11/25/2019 at 2:58 PM, moon777light said:

About 70% of the way through and this book is incredible. If you are planning to do psychedelics or have done them, this is a must read. Despite the title, it isnt a self-help book or a how-to guide for psychedelics. Its about this guys investigation into the realm of these entheogens, where you discover the history of psychedelics (how they were used centuries and millenia ago), history of the first renaissance (the 1950s-1970s), the reaosning for their second renaissance occuring now (started back in 2006), you learn the neuroscience about what they do in your brain, theres a whole chapter with Paul stamets in it (woohoo), a chapter of the authors trips, specifically on shrooms, LSD, and 5-meo-DMT (he's done them first time in his life at age 60!), and how they can be potentially used to heal fear of death, depression, addiction, and so on. Really surprised this isn't on leo's booklist

I assume Leo have read it though. The cover the book is the thumbnail for how to discover truth video. It is on my list of book to read.

yea i noticed that as well, i always thought the thumbnails were custom art so seeing it i was suprised 

@moon777light    the thumbnail has the ladder though so we can say it is custom lol. Regardless of being custom or not the thumbnails are thought provoking and I love them.  A picture speak thousand words right!