moon777light

Is being spiritually talented from birth only way to achieve spiritual success?

33 posts in this topic

FIRST of allll, im so sorry for the late response:$:$

On 11/26/2019 at 1:22 PM, Nahm said:

Thanks, I get were you’re coming from a little more now. Every one truly does create their own reality. So it is not that one ‘becomes a master’, or, ‘attains a level’ and now what they are wanting just ‘shows up’. One just notices this has been the case all along, and begins to discover the value of meditation, and choosing thoughts that feel good. The mindf is, you were born a master of creation. You’re ‘doing it’ right now. You’re so perfectly designed for it, you don’t even realize you’re doing it. 

The important question to consider, when you have thoughts about others being more talented or gifted, is that it is relative. It is all filtered by your perspective. So, how does a thought feel to you about this? Does it feel great, inspiring? Does it feel bad, is one downplaying one’s self in the thinking of it? In any case, what is the value of choosing a thought about what you want, which feels good to you? Immeasurable. 

“Realization of Truth, getting Awakended, seeing the Self (capital S) for what it is, not having attachments, being so unified with the divine that you just follow signs given to you. Like wishing for something a boom there it is”

How much of that do you honestly believe you would need to ‘achieve’ or ‘attain’...to begin noticing that the correlation between what thoughts you are choosing, and what is ‘showing up’? 

My opinion, is you could notice this correlation right now. Take an honest look...are you putting other people on pedal-stools, pretending you are lessor than? You’re not. The Unconditional, is unconditional. 

I’m gonna call this meta-stooling from now on. ???

thank you so much, i always have two perspectives to choose from, like that einstein quote "live your life either as nothing is a miracle or as everything is a miracle" something along those lines haha, I always have the option to see how this will help me or ruin me. How i can complain/blame or how can i learn from this. I choose to learn, to help me, to see it s a benefit. To choose Love, Self-Love <3  

So all along whenever im stuck in blaming and ruminating, im still being a master of my creation but just going the oppositie direction that i want to go in. All i have to do i flip the other way and im going forward. Instead of reading this memoir and thinking wow this is so hardcore, i will never be able to do that, i choose to see it as "wow this is so incredibly inspiring, this man's hard devotion to God, this motivates me to work hard to find the Truth"

It is true, this correlation is going about me right now. Whatever my focus is on, will grow. Thank you <3

@pink thanks, i will take a note to look at it later

@LfcCharlie4 mann thats awesome to hear, btw what do you do as a daily practice?

@Consilience thank you for your words, they encourage me to find the same magic in the present moment <33 its all a matter of discipline and softening your ego

On 11/25/2019 at 9:32 PM, Serotoninluv said:

As well, some people are more in tune with certain practices. I went to buddhist/meditation groups for over 20 years and sucked at it. People around me were having mystical experiences within a year or two. I kept thinking there was something wrong with me and I wasn't doing it right. I remember esoteric Dharma talks about the ineffable transcendent nature of no-self. Huh???? They would say things like "When the person drinks the tea, it is not the person drinking the tea". Then the group would smile and nod. Someone else would say "Yes, and the tea drinks the tea". And people would nod approvingly. I'd be like "Can someone please just speak in normal English and tell me what tf this is all about?". 

I just didn't have a pre-disposition for meditation. And I don't have a pre-disposition for Yoga. . .Or Kundalini energy. The closet I got was running solo in nature. That was my strongest resonance but I never explored it spiritually, because it didn't count as a spiritual practice. That's what people told me. . . I actually had many mild mystical experiences while running and dismissed them as "runners high". I would enter a mystical space running in nature, return home to my cushion and sit - hoping for a mystical experience. . . And the first time I took a psychedelic, it was full-on resonance - mystical experiences, insights and the paranormal. Yet other people don't resonate with psychedelics, just like I didn't resonate with "the tea drinks the tea" dharma talk. Perhaps I have predispositons to psychedelics, yet not meditation. Different people resonate differently with reality. 

thank you for sharing this with mee:x:x

@mandyjw true true :x

@Keyhole yes whatever positive thing i do now will help me later, even in future lives <3 

Edited by moon777light

On 25.11.2019 at 8:49 PM, moon777light said:

The more i read spiritual books, especially memoirs/autobiographies, the more i sense that all the people who *made it* in the spiritual world (attained realization, lived their life led by synchronocities and intuition) were people who as children had a magical life. As kids they already remember manifesting stuff, being psychic, having paramornmal abilities even siddhis and such.

Watch some of the "Buddha at the gas pump" interviews and realize thats not the case at all.

@Nahm as long as you dont barf on the carpet!! :P 

@wavydude ive been watchhing some, funny, a few years back i always skipped them because i thought they were for old people lolol whatever that meant, but now i think their so interesting. One of my favorite one's is with the creator of the Samadhi movies, Daniel Schmidt. 

On 11/25/2019 at 11:49 AM, moon777light said:

The more i read spiritual books, especially memoirs/autobiographies, the more i sense that all the people who *made it* in the spiritual world (attained realization, lived their life led by synchronocities and intuition) were people who as children had a magical life. As kids they already remember manifesting stuff, being psychic, having paramornmal abilities even siddhis and such. And of course later they attain spiritual insights to an insane magnitude, much deeper than what most surface level esoteric books can offer. Im currently read "If Truth Be Told" which triggered this question

I myself was not particuarly inclined spiritually or had any gifts as a child (the only thing maybe is that i had deep interests in the occult in those early years). 

So i wonder, exactly how much harder is it for people who have no talents/predispositions to this kinda work to attain deep results such as Awakening? Is it a devote every single minute of your life to it type of deal? i heard a person (specifically Dean Radin, author of Real Magic) talk how he meditated daily and rigourously for 40 years & in all those years had only minutes long of mystical experiences

How much does our Karma, Past lives (if there is such a thing) influence our capabilities in the now. I hear of the principle that mastery is only a little bit talent and majority discipline and work but when it comes the work were doing here, it doesnt seem like so. How to strengthen out intuition to avoid going astray and wasting years off the path?

@moon777light the fact that you are here and asking questions means you are spiritually gifted. Dont underestimate yourself.

3 minutes ago, Matt8800 said:

@moon777light the fact that you are here and asking questions means you are spiritually gifted. Dont underestimate yourself.

That's a great point. Another one to keep in mind, is that we're living at the tail end of the Kali Yuga, when a lot less effort is required to achieve self-realisation than in previous epochs. I am coming across people who are having spontaneous awakenings without even trying. This is probably the best period to be alive in the whole of human history, if your goal is self-realisation.

Your suffering is your spiritual talent... Use it wisely and it will lead us all the way to liberation but hard work and consistency  is necessary.

“There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.” Buddha.

I love this quote ❤

@Alex bliss

1 hour ago, Alex bliss said:

“There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.” Buddha.

I love this quote ❤

amen <3 

Of course, everything is predetermined.

Only one human in a million can achieve it.

And obviously it's not you ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 11/25/2019 at 10:49 PM, moon777light said:

i heard a person (specifically Dean Radin, author of Real Magic) talk how he meditated daily and rigourously for 40 years & in all those years had only minutes long of mystical experiences

What matters is not the raw hours but how many of those hours were utilized in deliberate practice with the right techniques in uninterrupted hours. Deliberate practice. Right techniques tailored to the person. Uninterrupted continuity of practice. Hours and years only make sense in this context. Otherwise, raw hours and years don't mean anything.

This path has a deep skill development component to it. I was a non-spiritually inclined person and I've re-trained my nervous system. I wasn't genetically gifted. Most of my 'Gains' in spirituality was due to effort and diligence. I agree with Shinzen. He went hard at this in a monastic setting.

Don't think about talent too much. It is a dead end. Just focus on finding a method that works and practice with diligence. You may not grow as quickly as Buddha but you'll make steady progress because of systematic awareness, equanimity and attention training.

I think it is definitely harder for some people than others.

No doubt we are not all equal when it comes to our spot in the path.

But hey, theres nothing really better to do in life. Awakening is the most fulfilling thing. Might as well get started. You are basically God realizing deeper and deeper layers of yourself like an onion remembering the magnificence of what you are. It isn't an on and off switch like most people think about awakening. Even if you try and get only 10 percent of the way there lets say; you will still live a way more fulfilled life than if you hadn't tried at all.

And of course you can always come back for another round and try to awaken again ;)

There are more facets of awakening, or explained alternately, there is a wider variety of life experiences that Source desires to experience as the story of a specific human form, than are appreciated and known about on this forum and within the realm of spiritual "work". 

So it may appear that some people have a head start but then from another perspective the awakening process and intellectually understanding within duality nonduality is just an experience you chose to have in this life. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost