Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

No more superiority complex

11 posts in this topic

How to not have superiority complex?

All of my career and other type of goals are driven towards me imagining getting them will make me feel more superior to other people/society I compare with.

(Except getting a remote job and in the future being self-employed which I really want)

I am working on my self-esteem. Will enough work on self-esteem remove superiority complex?

1 hour ago, Surfingthewave said:

@Javfly33 why do you want to be more superior than others? 

Because being neutral feels bad to me.Like I'm not achieving anything. I imagine because in the inside I feel inferior? But I haven't gone that deep yet.

@Javfly33

I look at everyone as equal with the same potential to be great. It's just that some of us are further on the path and some of us just started. Someone that might be "inferior" now can be a great success in the future and someone that is "superior" now could be a "failure" in the future. Life is up and down, we can move from one to the other very easily.

I have an opinion on everything :D

2 hours ago, JustThinkingAloud said:

@Javfly33

I look at everyone as equal with the same potential to be great. It's just that some of us are further on the path and some of us just started. Someone that might be "inferior" now can be a great success in the future and someone that is "superior" now could be a "failure" in the future. Life is up and down, we can move from one to the other very easily.

@JustThinkingAloud i Agree with that intellectually. However I can't seem to really integrate it in my soul :(

14 hours ago, Surfingthewave said:

working on being superior is not bad. the obsession is bad in anything. working on your self-esteem will more induce the decision to evolve and go higher and higher in different domains of life.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

I myself suffer from a inferiority complex. You would think those 2 things or opposites from each other but they are not. Deep inside me I want to be better than other people just like you. But I realise that I have certain traits that will stop me from becoming better than others, which makes me feel inferior and thus makes me depressed. Although the feeling off supiority and inferiority comes from the same place it's still better to have a supiority complex as it will make you more productive and likely more successful.

I am trying to overcome this, and although I make some progress it's still a long way to go 

I think what you want in not to be superior, but to be special and not "like others".

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Learn not to talk down on others if someone is trying to tell you something useful or nuanced. You may miss the opportunity to learn something new.

18 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

@JustThinkingAloud i Agree with that intellectually. However I can't seem to really integrate it in my soul :(

This:

16 hours ago, Nivsch said:

I think what you want in not to be superior, but to be special and not "like others".

Also, I'd work on being great, not being worse or better than others or if anything try to be better than your old self.

I have an opinion on everything :D