Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Onecirrus

Conciousness makes me indifferent to the world

6 posts in this topic

How do we solve the world's problems when there are no problems? When I dissolve into being nothing really fazes me anymore. If something is outside of my field of awareness, it might as well not even exist! (Maybe it doesn't?) I'm also in no position to find solutions to the world's problems. (I have no power, capital, influence, movements, ideology, religion, corporations) So why even care? Do I just lack empathy, responsibility, consciousness?

You are just bored.

Edited by oMarcos

what you did was just referring to a dead meat not an awakened person. awakened person doesn't always in all cases take the middle point, he or she can take one side to defeat the other. there's a way big difference between realizing that all problems are imaginary versus taking approach to solve the problem. if you're damn enlightened and you see that blood gushing out of your vein, if you don't care to put a bandage on it, it's your own problem, not non-duality's 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@Onecirrus Imagine a child playing with legos.
The child has no problems (it feels safe), but it still plays a game that poses a challenge (problem).

We're not adults because the child is gone and we're not playing anymore.
We're adults because the child has learned to be its own parent and plays games that are valuable to others.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Buddha warned about this. Being apathetic and ignoring the world is not enlightenment. It’s aversion masked as “enlightenment”.