petar8p

Forum Hierarchy

58 posts in this topic

I have a question. Why are mods of this forum, and yourself, Leo Gura colored differently than other members? 
Doesn't that indicate a sort of a hierarchy and subconsciously implies authority? Didn't you say that we should only trust ourselves? 

If yes, why not simply just put the moderator below moderators names? Isn't that enough to show that someone else has the right to assess whether the content you're posting is in match with forum's guidelines?

Here'e something from my experience, and I'm pretty sure others can relate. After reading several threads, I realized I was more and more just skimming through, looking for green and red (yourself) colored members. I know you may look at this as my personal flaw, and in a way it is, but why use this to potentially affect people's subconscious? I don't know if you thought about this, or are aware what kinds of problems this would cause, but I would definitely recommend considering to change this because of the layed out reasons..

Edited by petar8p
grammar

16 minutes ago, petar8p said:

Doesn't that indicate a sort of a hierarchy and subconsciously implies authority?

That's right. Because we have a hierarchy here. Welcome to society.

17 minutes ago, petar8p said:

Didn't you say that we should only trust ourselves?

No one here is forcing you to trust us. You decide who you trust.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

That's what I'm saying. If we decide who we trust, why colouring certain members which subconsciously influences who we will trust?

Edited by petar8p

@Leo Gura no, we don`t because we trust in your good choice - if you fail in that you also fail us.  or if a mod fails in being trustable the mod fails you. if you don`t care you fail us directly. if you build a hirarchy and do what you reprimand about others or let others act in your name you make yourself untrustworthy. we look towards the mods more than to others because they are more memorable and should have already achieved a certain level of spiritual development. they get some kind of teachers approval in your name. that makes them a more important person in sense of guidance in spiritual development - just vip is not enough.

that`s why i never really watched the episode about how corruption works. you are not the best example for that, or maybe you are, depends on the perspective.

Edited by remember
corruption is about benefits, not about money alone.

@petar8p lol yeah I used to skim until I got to Leo a while ago. 

You have to learn to be able to evaluate teachers and messages etc for yourself, study from a wide range of sources etc. 

Subconsciously the colors will have an effect, but that doesn't mean they are always right, nobody is going to be 100% right all of the time, not even Leo!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Just now, LfcCharlie4 said:

@petar8p lol yeah I used to skim until I got to Leo a while ago. 

You have to learn to be able to evaluate teachers and messages etc for yourself, study from a wide range of sources etc. 

Subconsciously the colors will have an effect, but that doesn't mean they are always right, nobody is going to be 100% right all of the time, not even Leo!

it`s not about right or wrong in their theory, it`s about mods having some uncontrollable ego issue. what i critizise here is more about people with capricious ego traits in their personality, what you would not expect of a mod. that`s where all despotism starts. not being 100% right and then not correcting wrong moves...or even aknowledging wrong moves. well...big big shaddow there.

5 minutes ago, Thewritersunion said:
  • Start your own forums

yes exactly if we are not ok with how the country is run we just start our own country. if i don`t like nepotism or despotism i just become one on my own - perfect! :x

Edited by remember

the first thing I should say is that : you could never escape hierarchy till you're living ! 

as a matter of fact that's your subconscious that doing the assessment and giving importance by the colors. 

to be honest, speaking for myself, I've never trusted the answers of moderators and never see them and their answers superior to other fellas in this forum. (this is damn honest)

remember, you, yourself determine authority by your very own hands! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

3 minutes ago, hamedsf said:

the first thing I should say is that : you could never escape hierarchy till you're living ! 

as a matter of fact that's your subconscious that doing the assessment and giving importance by the colors. 

to be honest, speaking for myself, I've never trusted the answers of moderators and never see them and their answers superior to other fellas in this forum. (this is damn honest)

remember, you, yourself determine authority by your very own hands! 

doesn`t mean that you never tried to befriend one, does it? what is the difference in a friend leading you down and a moderator leading you down?

it`s probably the assignment of competence to status.

Edited by remember

@petar8p I never noticed the colors until you mentioned.  I do tend to read Leo's comment more than others but I usually do read all other comments if I find them insightful.  

@Tanz Good for you, I don't know how somebody could not notice that, it's kind of too obvious, that's the point of the colour after all. Maybe ask Leo for better user-experience :)

The thread is just a proof of what I assumed. We don't need placed hierarchies, it's birth of the ego.

1 hour ago, remember said:

doesn`t mean that you never tried to befriend one, does it? what is the difference in a friend leading you down and a moderator leading you down?

it`s probably the assignment of competence to status.

@remember I can assume what you're trying to say, I know that there are still "status game" being played in the scope of life and nobody is immune to that including me, but the problem is the severity of the playing. which in this case, I've never thought that the mods are much rather superior than others! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@hamedsf The problem is not in the severity, severity is just the effet of the problem of status game in the first place. This place can be much more mature then waiting until things get out of control, although that might be necessary..

2 hours ago, Thewritersunion said:
  • Start your own forums

Excellent answer. Let me add: start your life purpose. You could control what goes on there. You could balance that with your audience and society.

One thing that I appreciate about this forum is that there isn't a "point system" or ranks or anything like that. So nobody starts hunting for likes and that dynamic can be ignored altogether while pure content/thoughts of the post are what matters. 

As for the colors, to my knowledge it could be how the forum software works, maybe the colors can be turned off but you don't have to place anyone in higher importance because they are a moderator. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

In my opinion, it's a useful system, because this work is so full of traps and paradoxes... I remember that it happened many times, that someone who was clearly spiritually mature but didn't have a green name, wasn't taken seriously and people didn't recognize it, until they've eventually become a moderator - then people finally listened to what they had to say and I think it made a positive change... But that's just my perspective.

If we turn off the colors for moderators we need to turn off the avatars and nicknames, since some nicknames and avatars can be catchy for the eyes, subconsciously you read... xD

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@petar8p I agree that the green color kinda influences who we notice on the forum.

The hierarchy seems on purpose. Leo is a firm believer in developmental stages, and in there being noticeably different levels of consciousness. He chooses his mods, meaning he chooses whom to trust with the power that comes with moderation rights, so as to have a group of helpers who are reasonably developed and resonating with his vision for the forum. The hierarchy is necessary since moderation is necessary. 

Marking mods highlighted is a choice that has pros and cons. A lack of transparency would cause ample problems. Like this, you almost can't help noticing a mod anytime he writes something, even if they just express their very subjective opinions, however, they are also very self-aware of what they say, because they know they'll be watched more closely. 

However, sometimes I also find the green names distracting. I'd prefer if the mods had a way to mark certain posts where they exercise their moderation power - like locking a thread or issuing a warning to the debating parties - and otherwise wouldn't stand out that much. 

Edited by Elisabeth

1 minute ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

As for the colors 

@pinkYesterday l was thinking, oh, this forum has so many triggered ppl. Then last night realizing, l am triggered! It is actually more like the ocean metaphor of love- the wave rises up into this personal experience like oh, yeah- l am triggered & then goes back into the ocean of 'l am light' "l am love" the ocean of oneness- all of this is oneness, all of this is love. Whether you call it conditioning (it was expected mine looks super different & warm and fuzzy) or what?? Love is everything, not just my expectation (that it is supposed to feel warm & fuzzy). And we are the pink light ppl. All of this is what we came to get, the ocean of oneness LOVE, no matter.