Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Brain visions

877 posts in this topic

The problem of language, blabbery and Mental Gymnastics. 

The thing is that I always get tempted to easily react to mental gymnastics. It's tough not to. 

But I'll try. 

The other thing is the question 

"what's the point of blabbery?" 

The question I ask myself is 

"Why not invest in healing and aesthetics and more growth in non invasive/defensive ways? “

Growth does happen through antagonization and debate and relentless thought provocation. But can be stressful and overwhelming. 

Try growing through other positive non impactful and healing paradigm ways. 

Of course there is no denying that debates help in shadow work and understanding and learn the truth and the game of the world better, but it is a huge expenditure of peaceful energy, a huge cost in terms of restlessness and chaos   

Retain the peaceful energy and focus on growth instead.. 

The opportunity to grow through critical thinking is always at hand's reach. So don't suck into it. 

But rather start conscious focus rather than instinctive/intuitive focus. Or focus which is naturally inclined or allocated. 

3imc07.jpg

3imcfq.jpg

Higher paradigm thinking. 

Think from a bigger tier. Higher wisdom. There is always a wisdom higher than yours and try to think from that tier. 

Leo's Structure Versus Content deals beautifully.... 

I need to think big picture think. 

But I'm going to reform it just a bit. 

Instead of saying big picture think I'll say high tier thinking. 

Think from the next higher tier of wisdom.

Build it up like a Domino. 

Keep building 

3imgxd.jpg

3imqth.gif

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

15 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Higher paradigm thinking. 

Think from a bigger tier. Higher wisdom. There is always a wisdom higher than yours and try to think from that tier. 

Leo's Structure Versus Content deals beautifully.... 

I need to think big picture think. 

interesting!

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Think from the next higher tier of wisdom.

Build it up like a Domino. 

Keep building 

3imep8.jpg

I can make this oil at home rather than buying this snake oil at 96 dollars plus tax.. No thanks 

3imuqb.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

How to think like a Pudwiser 

3in3qo.gif

Emotional intelligence (EQ) is the ability to identify and manage your emotions, as well as other people's emotions.

If you're emotionally intelligent you have the ability to:

Identify what you're feeling

Know how to interpret your emotions

Understand how your emotions can impact others

Regulate your own emotions

Manage other people's emotions

Some people naturally inherit high EQ but it's a skill that you can practice and develop. By practicing emotionally intelligent behaviours your brain will adapt to make these behaviours automatic and replace less helpful behaviours.

3infk3.gif

Edited by Preety_India

The 5 features of emotional intelligence

Daniel Goleman determined that there are five fundamental features of EQ, each with their own benefits:

Self-awareness

Self-regulation

Empathy

Motivation

Social skill

1. Self-awareness

Self-awareness is the ability to accurately recognise your: emotions, strengths, limitations, actions and understand how these affect others around you.

Benefits:

Increases the likelihood of you handling and using constructive feedback effectively.

By knowing your strengths and weaknesses you can improve your organisation's performance, for example, you may hire individuals who perform well in areas you struggle with.

Improve self-awareness by:

Keeping a diary of the situations that have triggered disruptive emotions in you, such as anger, and your thoughts and behaviours during those situations. With this information you can form an understanding of your emotions and reactions and work towards self-regulation.

Receiving feedback from staff as this can highlight how others perceive you and it also helps you target unhelpful reactions.

Observing the response others have to your behaviour.

2. Self-regulation

Self-regulation allows you to wisely manage your emotions and impulses - you show or restrain certain emotions depending on what is necessary and beneficial for the situation. For example, rather than shouting at your employees when you're stressed you may decide which tasks can be delegated.

Benefits:

Self-regulation helps earn the respect and trust of employees.

Useful when adapting to change.

Allows you to react rationally.

Improve self-regulation by:

Taking responsibility if you have made mistakes. Rather than blaming others admit that you are at fault. You'll feel less guilty and your team will respect you for it.

Responding to situations calmly as your communication is more effective when you're in this state and this feeling will spread to others. Breathing techniques, such as controlled breathing, can be useful practice.

3. Empathy

To be empathetic means you are able to identify and understand others' emotions i.e. imagining yourself in someone else's position.

Benefits:

Provides you with an understanding of how an individual feels and why they behave in a certain way. As a result, your compassion and your ability to help someone increases because you respond genuinely to concerns.

Especially helpful when delivering constructive feedback.

Being empathetic shows your team that you care. For example, if a manager reacts angrily after finding out that an employee has been arriving to work late because their child is unwell, the team is likely to react negatively towards the manager. It would be more favourable for the manager to be understanding and agree on a plan of action with the employee, such as, the employee starting work earlier and finishing later.

Employees will respect you more and subsequently job performance will improve.

To develop empathy:

Imagine yourself in someone else's position. Even if you have not experienced a similar situation, remember a situation where you have felt the same emotion your employee is experiencing.

Practice listening to your employees without interrupting them.

Observe your employees and try to gauge how they're feeling.

Never ignore your employees' emotions, for example, if an employee looks upset don't disregard this - address it.

Try to understand first rather than form a judgement. For example, you may initially feel annoyed at an employee who seems cold and disinterested. However, after discovering they suffer from social anxiety you may feel more sympathetic.

To communicate your empathy keep your body language open and regulate your voice to show your sincerity.

4. Motivation

Being self-motivated consists of: enjoying what you do, working towards achieving your goals and not being motivated by money or status.

Benefits:

Reduces your likelihood of procrastinating

Increases self-confidence

Keeps you motivated even if you face setbacks

Makes you focused on achieving your goals

Spreads to the team

To increase your motivation:

Remember why you're doing your job - maybe think about why you wanted it initially.

Set new goals if you lack them.

Remain optimistic because to be motivated you must be positive. Even when there is a setback or a challenge identify one positive factor about it.

To increase your employees' motivation explain why they are valuable, using example, as this will provide them with a sense of purpose.

5. Social skills

Effective social skills consist of managing relationships in a way that benefits the organisation.

Benefits:

Effective social skills helps you to build rapport with your employees and earn their respect and loyalty.

Employees will trust you which is especially valuable if unwelcomed decisions have been made, such as a rise in performance targets.

When you interact with your employees you can identify the best way to meet their individual needs and identify how their abilities can be used to achieve the organisation's aims.

Staff will feel comfortable presenting ideas to you and discussing concerns.

Improve social skills by:

Developing your communication skills. Problems can arise if there is bad communication, such as, misunderstandings upsetting employees. Listen to feedback to work out what to target, for example, the manner in which you speak may need work or perhaps your body language.

Learning how to provide praise and constructive feedback.

Cooperating and working together with your employees because you are all working towards a shared goal.

Listening to employees and practicing empathy.

Building relationships with your employees will assist you in understanding how to manage each individual.

Resolving conflict by looking at the situation from all the viewpoints involved and try to come to a compromise that benefits everyone.

3inm30.gif

Be organic about everything 

3ink55.gif

Edited by Preety_India

Every move you take as a woman is important 

Even to the minutest detail 

#thatswhatcreepysnaresdoanyway 

3iny1v.gif

3intif.gif

Edited by Preety_India

More orange rooms 

3imsz2.jpg

3imt15.jpg

3imt3t.jpg

3imt5b.jpg

3imtad.jpg

3imtc0.jpg

3iog3h.gif

3iof2v.gif

3ioh0z.gif

3iojoy.gif

3iol0q.gif

3iolhe.gif

3iond9.gif

3ionpl.gif

3ionn4.gif

3ionjf.gif

3iongg.gif

Edited by Preety_India

I'm trying to understand the difference between the words victim and survivor and I think this difference is crucial to my journey of healing 

3ircsd.gif

Edited by Preety_India

A thousand teddies 

3ire58.jpg

Cutesy . 

Edited by Preety_India

Beautiful

3irs6e.gif

Edited by Preety_India

dot_divider.png

I'm thinking about the word "habitual nourishment and how good it makes me feel" 

dot_divider.png

Everyone is a unique sovereign individual 

dot_divider.png

Streak/flow theory 

Invest in healing 

Building a domino tier

Thinking dwiser

Be organic about everything 

Importance of aesthetics 

conscious focus rather than instinctive/intuitive focus

Critical thinking (only at random times) 

How to resume a flow back

Passive form of aggression 

Negative motivators

dot_divider.png

Edited by Preety_India

8 step model

• Grounding 
  • Conscious focus
  • Invest in healing 
  • Set the goal.
  • Write the goal
  • Write the flow
  • Positive push
  • Initiation 

12 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Preety_India What's that 8 step model for? Seems interesting

It's for healing from trauma. 

@Raptorsin7 will do later. Right now talkinh to someone 

@Raptorsin7

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

8 step model

• Grounding 
  • Conscious focus
  • Invest in healing 
  • Set the goal.
  • Write the goal
  • Write the flow
  • Positive push
  • Initiation 

I didn't find it anywhere. I create my own ideas and then put them into action.. 

So since the last week I had been thinking about working on trauma healing and the steps for it.  So finally after some trial and error and scratching my head I came across this whole process where I will have to shed the previous chaotic thinking (arising from trauma) and then start to focus on small baby steps towards making bit by bit change. 

Now I'll explain each and every step in the model.. 

The first is grounding 

This means I need to bring myself to my myself, to the center of my body by simply reducing and cutting all distractions and simply looking at the center of my chest. This is where I will focus and it will instantly ground me.. 

Next I will do conscious focus.. 

I noticed that I suddenly get emotional when I think about my past trauma of child abuse and relationship abuse. This causes me to engage in this thinking and getting worked up which perpetuates the cycle of excessive thinking /feeling. This is because of intuitive or natural focus. We tend to focus on whatever catches our fancy without thinking if it's necessary for the moment.. So in order to avoid this, I have to simply try focusing more conscious focus and less natural focus. I'll need train my brain to immediately shift my focus on my task planner or stuff that needs to be done. 

Next is invest in healing 

This means every time I have the tendency to get distracted the negativity around me, I should repeat to myself the words "invest in healing" as a constant reminder so I'm not wasting my time in negativity. 

Next is set the goal. 

Now once prepared for the moment, set a goal.. For example my goal this week is to focus on improving my memory that I lost temporarily due to extreme stress and trauma 

Next is write the goal.

In order to remember the goal I'll need to write it on a piece of paper or a card and keep it on my desk and also on my bedside table. 

Next is Write the flow 

Now comes the important part. I need to ask myself "Am I in the flow?" which means am I actively following this goal or not. If I'm actively following the goal I can reward myself for my progress. 

If I'm not actively progressing on my goal then I need to withdraw and sit back and start thinking why I'm not able to do it. What is the obstacles and see if I can get rid of them.

Next is Positive push 

This is my concept I have described in the other journal in some detail. This basically means Nudging myself a bit lovingly and convincing myself and encouraging myself in a positive way to work on my goal so I don't take it as "pressure" or some compulsion.. I approach my goal freely. 

Initiation. 

This means the process of achieving my goal has begun in a more real sense and I am making considerable progress. Halfway through Initiation I will start rewarding myself in order to not lose my motivation. 

Hope I was able to explain successfully..