Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

Nice guys versus bad boys

14 posts in this topic

When I was thinking about this, an analogy came to my mind. 

Nice guys are like fresh organic juice. 

Bad boys are like a carbonated drink like coke. 

If people are given the choice between organic juice and coke, most people would prefer coke because it's stimulating the mind. 

People are more likely to eat addictive foods than normal healthy organic foods. Even if they are fully aware that the addictive food is toxic to the body. 

One reason being that addictive foods are stimulatory and activate dopamine in the brain. They work on stimulation receptors. 

However healthy foods do not cause such a response or reaction. 

They don't alter brain chemicals. 

Bad boys are attractive to the brain because they stimulate the responses for romance and attraction. 

Nice guys are healthy and not toxic but they are boring like the organic juice. Since they don't stimulate the brain, they don't attract and thus the brain doesn't accept them even if they are healthy. 

But a more conscious person will bypass the brain chemistry and think using a big picture of health and happiness 

Good luck 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I think there's a false dichotomy here.

I've been getting into approaching and stuff, and have even gotten my first "success" recently-- I'm by no means an expert, but there's a third way. 

I've dropped any sort of bad boy act, or even most "game" stuff. However, I'm not a nice guy either. I'm just a guy. I try to form an intimate connection, and that's it. Girls want that too. It's just win-win. 

I'm not looking to commit to a long term relationship, but I naturally want the girl to be happy, and eventually the relationship will have to come to a healthy end-- where we're both better than when we met. (Not just talking out of my ass, I've done this already).

My advice would be to stop being a Niceguy, but don't force yourself to be a badboy. Just own up to your sexuality, work on improving your interactions with women, and just have fun.

Nice guys are like juice, they ruin your health but you still think you should be consuming itxD

Long story short, don’t consume juice, it’s mostly just natural sugar. Smoothies are the healthy alternative.

how 'bout multiple-sided boys like me so that even you can't label one particular name on me? B|

P.s: not possessing multiple personality disorder even :P

Edited by hamedsf

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Accepting what resonate with u is probably ur best bet,even the nicest guys can become a “bad guy” due to circumstances and viceversa.

In the end I think both of them have they pros and cons :) depend also on the feeling/vibration u feel,no matter what it define them..u can still get a depth inner world light and living fulfillment  relationship if u choose love and nothing else ❤️

8 hours ago, Maximus said:

Some of the time I was authentically kind and showed heart and the other girl was emotionally immature and literally didn't want a healthy option.

So true. Can relate. 

Nothing sexier than looking badass and acting kind-heartedly. 

Applies to both genders, imo.

A "bad boy" is predictive and boring. Shallow.

A "good guy" is not that exciting, either. Plain.

Integration and fine balance. All in one.

Sexy, exciting and healthy.

It is rare, but existing.

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

Nothing sexier than looking badass and acting kind-heartedly. 

Applies to both genders, imo.

A "bad boy" is predictive and boring. Shallow.

A "good guy" is not that exciting, either. Plain.

Integration and fine balance. All in one.

Sexy, exciting and healthy.

It is rare, but existing.

Thumbs up 

My point is - so what you appear as a nice guy or a shy guy, if you are not into dating and work on your loneliness/needyness, this is a great filter as much as trying to find friends while being constantly verbally bullied, very good filter, i have found some good friends which do relate and similar values. 

I read once that a study showed that only men (not women) that look smart have a positive correlation with being smart. And what people call nerds are mostly "smart people" and they don't look like alpha males, but instead like smart people. Anyway the reason for saying this is that maybe there is a correlation with physique appearance and being a bad boy. Some men look stronger than others like the mesomorph body type and others look weaker. I mean this a factor that also influences this mental picture of what men are face value or am I mistaken?

Edited by Marinus

I remember RSDTyler talking about this a long time ago. Said girls were too ADD to appreciate a good guy and needed more spikes in emotion. Similary, with attachment style paradigm, it's that "anxious" dynamic between individuals that leaves us craving for the other persons attention and we confuse that with love. 

8 hours ago, PenguinPablo said:

I remember RSDTyler talking about this a long time ago. Said girls were too ADD to appreciate a good guy and needed more spikes in emotion. Similary, with attachment style paradigm, it's that "anxious" dynamic between individuals that leaves us craving for the other persons attention and we confuse that with love. 

The anxious dynamic part is especially true. 

On 25/11/2019 at 6:53 AM, Preety_India said:

When I was thinking about this, an analogy came to my mind. 

Nice guys are like fresh organic juice. 

Bad boys are like a carbonated drink like coke. 

If people are given the choice between organic juice and coke, most people would prefer coke because it's stimulating the mind. 

People are more likely to eat addictive foods than normal healthy organic foods. Even if they are fully aware that the addictive food is toxic to the body. 

One reason being that addictive foods are stimulatory and activate dopamine in the brain. They work on stimulation receptors. 

However healthy foods do not cause such a response or reaction. 

They don't alter brain chemicals. 

Bad boys are attractive to the brain because they stimulate the responses for romance and attraction. 

Nice guys are healthy and not toxic but they are boring like the organic juice. Since they don't stimulate the brain, they don't attract and thus the brain doesn't accept them even if they are healthy. 

But a more conscious person will bypass the brain chemistry and think using a big picture of health and happiness 

Good luck 

You literally co- create this world with the guys. 

A more conscious person does not bypass brain chemistry, conscious women still love stimulation, but they are stimulated by different things because their worldview is completely different from yours. 

They understand your worldview because they went though it, but they don't feel that it's true anymore. It's only true for the young people co- creating this reality