Cocolove

Criticism of Ken Wilber

27 posts in this topic

My experience with following gurus is, that I am very lucky with finding amazing, uncorupted teachers and friends everywhere... I remember that I used to be very inclined towards falling into many ego traps and I seriously saw a lot of meaning in them, but it was the faith that the teacher is right, together with some experimenting and listening to my feeling, that got me to open up to different possibilites, so I have a positive experience with following someone (almost) blindly. But in the end, everyone has to give up their guru in order to become aware of Freedom.

On 11/24/2019 at 4:00 PM, Leo Gura said:

Goodness is not a function of content, but structure. Conformity is the structure of evil.

Ohhhhhh of course. great point.

yea seems like criticisms are pretty superficial.

On 11/25/2019 at 7:23 AM, Leo Gura said:

Keep a healthy distance from your teachers/gurus. Learn from them but follow your own path.

Don't go crawling up your teacher's butthole. Don't go live with them. Don't go work for them. Don't go sleep with them.

Many people live with and work for their gurus. They also sleep with their gurus.

But, they get paid for doing so. It was called apprenticeship which was hugely popular in the middle age. Masters and apprentices still work and sleep with each other in some industries.

Books made apprenticeship non-essential over centuries. The internet made it strictly unnecessary as long as you know how to research. Apprenticeship can still be helpful in some cases.

Edited by CreamCat

On 25/11/2019 at 3:46 AM, Leo Gura said:

Having read the criticisms in more depth, I want to underscore that many criticisms of Ken Wilber are foolish and that the bulk of his written work is as solid as can be.

Minor criticisms like his support for Andrew Cohen, Adi Da, and his over-emphasis of the Mean Green Meme and his political prescriptions are all knit-picks compared to the bulk of his written work, which is solid, and which has little to do with those things.

Don't get distracted by the politics surrounding the Integral Institute. Just focus on his written work, which is genius.

And as always, don't expect any teacher to be perfect in their embodiment or conduct.

The criticism's of Ken Wilber found on the following website, for example, are pure BS:

http://www.integralworld.net

I totally agree with what Leo said on this remark. I was totally blown away when I read the book "Integral psychology" by Ken Wilber. It also helped to understand with a lot more depth the things that Leo has said in his videos. I don't have to follow him blindly in order to appreciate the wisdom of what he is trying to teach.  Remember that thinking at tier 2 are not attach to a cult of personality. Because they are conscious that they can always learn something from someone. Even if it is an lesson of what not to do...?

On 27/11/2019 at 11:31 AM, Bernardo Carleial said:

I totally agree with what Leo said on this remark. I was totally blown away when I read the book "Integral psychology" by Ken Wilber. It also helped to understand with a lot more depth the things that Leo has said in his videos. I don't have to follow him blindly in order to appreciate the wisdom of what he is trying to teach.  Remember that thinking at tier 2 are not attach to a cult of personality. Because they are conscious that they can always learn something from someone. Even if it is an lesson of what not to do...?

I love this book (Integral Psychology). I found about Spiral Dynamics in this book in 2014. That just blowed my mind and made a lot of sense.