Guest username

Is Enlightenment More Intense Than Romantic Love?

13 posts in this topic

Romantic love is often thought of as one of the most intense emotional experiences. From what it sounds like, spiritual enlightenment is joy beyond comparison. I don't mean to make premature judgments, but I thought it would just be interesting to pose the question and see the responses.

There is no comparison.  The intense joy is not felt all the time - it would be too much. The intensity of joy is felt in moments.  The area around the heart feels like it's going to cave in at the sheer beauty of everything coupled with a bitter-sweet sense of regret that you dont always see everything as the divine. 

Edited by Ayla
name

I wouldn't say intense, that's the wrong word. But definitely more truthful, more pure. Romantic love always has egotistical delusions mixed in which always obscures the unconditional acceptance. And of course, there are all the hormones which give the body an drug-like high, but this high has nothing to do with truth. No doubt that romantic love can make you feel amazing though, that's why it can also be oh so dangerous when it all comes crashing down.

Enlightenment has nothing to do with the possibly bodily effects and emotions. Even though enlightenment may change the body chemistry, that's not what it's about. It's beyond that even.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Enligthenment is truth realization. NOT bliss, NOT love, NOT a feeling of exctasy. What you feel during at enlightenment is irrelivant. Alot of spiritual teachers really stress this point, especially Rubert Spira, Jed Mckenna and Peter Ralston. 

As Peter says "Enlightenment is not bliss, however bliss might occur from a mind that has been set free, but that is not the enlightenment."

Edited by Ayla
name

"Enlightenment" and "Romantic" , just another two beliefs 

Thanks everyone!

I like this quote I read at some yogi's retreat. It said:

"A Samadhi beats an orgasm every time."

;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Enlightenment is one-dimensional kiddie shit. The real stuff is much richer and multi-dynamic, where nuanced balanced can be found that synergizes and lifts the quality and depth of all healthy things.

In other words, when you really grow, love becomes deeper and richer, because you can care for it more and help it flourish. You're not focused on this beats this or that, you understand how they work together.

My growth helps me be more than I ever thought I could be, which helps me love more than I ever could have imagined, which adds that quality to my sex and deep rich sexuality, so my orgasms are more connective with my partner and also deeper and more meaningful than I could have ever dreamed of.

"This is better than that" is the replacement game, that people play when they don't have the courage and care to slow down and understand that instead of replacing we can do better and build so everything works together.

@Salaam What do you mean by "Enlightenment is one-dimensional kiddie shit" ? Isn't that the "real stuff" ?
"

Well "enlightenment" as it seems to be understood around here is about there  being no-self and thoughts/beliefs are illusions or the enemy and what you want is "nothingness". Their idea of enlightenment is based on pushing away and disconnecting from thoughts, identification, internalization, and self-reference in order to maintain that void (that's their aim of course, yet despite that, they still have beliefs about belief being an illusion and self-identify as not having an identity. It's cognitively inconsistent if you ask me).

That is extreme and one-dimensional, taking the pendulum all the way to one side, rather than working on being capable with the pendulum, so you can chose which direction it swings and the degree of swing along whatever direction chosen. In this case, the pendulum being the ability to choose the degree of void and the degree of attachment.

That degree, is being capable with attraction and repulsion and being capable with the ability to hold the tension of attraction and repulsion as it pulls you one way or another. So rather than being afraid of thoughts, beliefs, the self you can differentiate the natural pulls and pushes that arise from the chemistry of our bodies and share that space with your own choices.

That road is more expansive than "enlightenment". You're healthier, more expressive, capable, have greater choice, and deeper connections. You can build rather than just, reject, reject, and sit there in a void, that ends up dissipating anyways for them, because the greater the emotional intensity, the greater the charge of attraction, and real life is stronger than any practice of mental rejection (the void is actually a gap or vaccum that happens when your mind isn't fused/immersed within a thought).

Edited by Ayla

I apologize if it is considered rude to post to this old thread.  The forum suggests starting a new one.  Maybe someone could explain it to me.  

I listened to the Spiral Dynamics Purple podcast today and was inspired to make a meme with a quote from the intro.  I took a photo of this seed pod/fruit and used it because whatever the hell it is, it so intricate and unique it must be whole universe or something!  I'm not saying my graphic design skillz are off-the-charts or anything, but I kind of like it!  

orgasm FINAL.jpg

Romantic love is an outcome of thought and enlightenment is realization you are the actual reality which creates the illusion, creates people, which creates the thoughts which produce the romantic emotions.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE