Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RickyBalboa

Human language reinforces our current level of consciousnesses?

12 posts in this topic

I notice a place I hit at around an eighth of mushrooms where language (for a lack of a better term) stops working. It no longer supports my mental process. I start to notice my statements can be interpreted in many different ways. Making typing my thoughts or simply reasoning amongst myself an impossible task. It becomes glaringly obvious that our language in its current state is completely unfit for communicating at higher levels of consciousness with others. 

With it comes this unmistakable feeling that the scaffolding I have been standing on for much of my life isnt as solid as I would have liked to believe. Its riddled with holes and changes form as Im trying to navigate across it. I begin to notice that visual representations do a better job of symbolizing truths more than these stupid sounds we make.  Its at this point that the geometric visualizations and thought processes I'm experiencing start becoming one in the same. The truth of reality becomes embedded in its own form so to speak. This becomes overwhelming and I often start to get confused. Thoughts like "im losing my mind" begin to surface.

This makes me feel we are damned to only understand each other to a certain extent. At least in regard to me selfishly only thinking about whats possible within my lifetime. The limitation set in place by verbal language seem to be the biggest hurdle in how much change is to happen in our neck of the woods? Is it not the case?

Edited by RickyBalboa

Yes, the human language can't truly describe the truth, but there is also no need for it to, because you are it, just feel/experience it. Eventually, all of reality needs to be surrendered during awakening, is all love anyway.

59 minutes ago, RickyBalboa said:

This makes me feel we are damned to only understand each other to a certain extent.

Of course! Not just language, all knowledge is relative.

Infinity cannot ever be explained no matter how hard you try. The harder you try the more you fail.

All knowledge is a house of cards.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

the house of cards is no knowledge. although the question is if it is a house of cards you really want to build with knowledge?

Edited by remember
@rickybalboa, i pulled a card for you - it`s eight of cups

I think this fits this thread. I've read it yesterday. It's by Aldous Huxley:

"To formulate and express the contents of this reduced awareness, man has invented and endlessly elaborated those symbol-systems and implicit philosophies which we call languages. Every individual is at once the beneficiary and the victim of the linguistic tradition into which he or she has been born ... the victim in so far as it confirms him in the belief that reduced awareness is the only awareness and as it bedevils his sense of reality, so that he is all too apt to take his concepts for data, his words for actual things."

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

@RickyBalboa

“The interesting thing about distinctions is....perspective?”

“The funny thing about humor...is the laughter”

”You know what’s very similar to similarity....comparison”

sorry to addictive. do you have more?

because i took them all and they were not for me (they are a lot more difficult though):

"what`s really far from distant is..."

"the opposite of `what` is...."

"you know a paradox is paradoxical because..."

Edited by remember

@remember It’s a point about language. They’re already complete, and are sneakily, inherently, self referential. They don’t actually say anything, they ‘eat themselves’. (RIP Joe)

“well, the thing I’m forgetting is...”

“sameness is just like...”

”what I’m actually saying...”

“The thing about objectivity...”

”I think subjectivity is...”

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm  but still they can be answered like a rorshachtest :)

13 minutes ago, Nahm said:

“well, the thing I’m forgetting is...who knows”

“sameness is just like...me”

”what I’m actually saying...is written in the stars”

“The thing about objectivity...is subjectivity”

”I think subjectivity is...awsome”  (well sometimes not)

Edited by remember

12 hours ago, RickyBalboa said:

This makes me feel we are damned to only understand each other to a certain extent. At least in regard to me selfishly only thinking about whats possible within my lifetime. The limitation set in place by verbal language seem to be the biggest hurdle in how much change is to happen in our neck of the woods? Is it not the case?

You might like some research on the tower of Babylon. Also Koans are very useful in cutting through language / mind. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Petals

13 hours ago, Petals said:

I think this fits this thread. I've read it yesterday. It's by Aldous Huxley:

"To formulate and express the contents of this reduced awareness, man has invented and endlessly elaborated those symbol-systems and implicit philosophies which we call languages. Every individual is at once the beneficiary and the victim of the linguistic tradition into which he or she has been born ... the victim in so far as it confirms him in the belief that reduced awareness is the only awareness and as it bedevils his sense of reality, so that he is all too apt to take his concepts for data, his words for actual things."

This is ringing vaguely familiar. Doors of perception no? I read it a few years back and my understanding of the material was wavering in and out. His writing style was difficult for me at time and I was getting glimpses of what he was saying but perhaps I should re-read it. What I walked away with the most from that book was how the idea that the brain acts as a sort of reducing valve for consciousness. 

@Nahm

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

You might like some research on the tower of Babylon. Also Koans are very useful in cutting through language / mind. 

Whoa! Thanks for the nudge toward the tower of Babel. Found a really interesting read on that one. Super significant here. I enjoyed that. In my short time on this forum I'm gonna have to guess you are quite a fan of Koans. Many of your posts confuse the shit outta me XD. Will definitely acknowledge their usefulness in this work and read more about them.