Elham

books about healthier diet

23 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

It's a while I've decided to change my diet and I finally hit the start button recently by reading  "The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth_ The Surprising, Unbiased Truth About What You Should Eat and Why". I created a list of healthier food to eat every week. It going pretty well and I am changing my diet finally.

The book is divided into different chapters by the type of food such as fruits, dairy, vegetables and etc. Although it is a great book, it just provides some names of the food and the reason why they are healthy.

I was wondering if you guys could introduce me more books on the subjects and also books about how I actually cook or mix these healthy food to make them more delicious with more variety.

Thank you

The Wahls Protocol->amazing incredible book. Its the story of a doctor who healed herself from Multiple sclerosis and goes into detail about the diet that helped her do it. (she was in a wheel chair for 5+ years and now reguarly walks/bikes/hikes/swims)

It includes meats in it, just so you know

Edited by moon777light

Nina Teicholz: big fat surprise 

Shawn Baker: the carnivore diet 

On 23/11/2019 at 0:32 PM, Elham said:

books about how I actually cook or mix these healthy food to make them more delicious with more variety.

There are lots of tutorials on YouTube that show you how to cook. Once you got the technical basics down, you are comfortable matching classic flavour combinations the world is your oyster 

Cooking is really easy, I taught myself to cook reading books for 30 years and I still love creating  

15 minutes ago, Elham said:

@Nickyy niceee... I would like to hear your experiences on this. 

I have a lot of experience with cooking and it's a huge area knowledge, so it might be better if you asked what you're curious about specifically. 

@Nickyy as you said I need some basic knowledge about food. I am reading some books. But at the mean time I also like to cook some healthy food. Can you introduce me a book or YouTube channel that is for staters?

@Elham

2 hours ago, Elham said:

@Nickyy as you said I need some basic knowledge about food. I am reading some books. But at the mean time I also like to cook some healthy food. Can you introduce me a book or YouTube channel that is for staters?

I would personally start here if you want to learn how to actually cook well and learn like a professional would, which means that they break everything down into sections that you master one skill at a time which then forms the basis for you to then create your own recipes 

If you just follow a bog standard recipe book your learning will be lopsided and you won't gain the insight that pro chefs have.

You ever wonder how chefs manage to cook like 150 meals in the time it takes the average home cook to make a 3 course dinner for 4 people? Well all the secrets are in this website. 

You can start at the beginning and move onto really advanced recipes. You don't have to use the ingredients that they are using, or copy the recipes, the main education you will get out of it is a through base on how to learn to cook.

If that's what you want (not everyone wants to go this far, but I'm kind of an extreme guy when it comes to learning) then all you need is this website. 

https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/how-to-cook#sm

@Nickyy I checked the website. It seems great. I will start to learn from it.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Elham said:

@DrewNows It was a nice order to explain food history.

Hope you enjoyed it. Diet and food is definitely a fascinating subject or aspect of life to explore. Careful not to get lost in clinging to any particular beliefs ;) (not that we haven’t all been there lol) 

How not to Die and How not to Diet if you want to know the data from plant based diet advocates perspective. Basically it shows that whole plant based foods are king. Whole, unprocessed plant foods are the most dense in micronutritents by the amount of calories in them.

Comparing different foods and what you are eating day-by-day, seeing what nutrients are abundant and which are less so can help you choose specific foods that give nutrients otherwise lacking. Can use https://cronometer.com/ to calculate nutrients.

@ilham

Rich Food Poor food by Jayson Calton, Phd and Mira Calton, CN

This would be help you The ultimate grocery purchasing System 

All of your life you have been told that God created you. God come now to tell you this:  You are creating God❤️

How To Eat Move and Be Healthy is the best practical book written on holistic health.

Highly encourage anything related to Paul Chek. He’s a stage turquoise GENIUS in the field of exercise, nutrition and spirituality. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

Healing with Whole Foods if you’re serious about really specific knowledge on nutrition. But I decided to focus on a more straightforward book like The Whole Foods diet by John Mackey.

Other than that Leo’s soup and blueberry recipes are a great start.

P.S: both books contain supposedly great tasting, plant-based recipes. ;) 

Edited by Arzola