Organica

non-dual reincarnation

13 posts in this topic

I wonder if anyone could tell me what reincarnation looks like from the non-dual perspective. The idea that one's soul keeps coming back to earth to evolve to 'higher' forms of beings finds some resistance in me (from cat to horse to human, etc). Could anyone help me out here? Thanks!

Hi @Nahm, thanks for your reply, yet I'm not sure what you're trying to say... I do realize nonduality means all is one, but reincarnation is still something we/I/God experience, or not?
Could you please elaborate more on this? I'd really like to understand. Thanks!

@Organica If there only was one, and you are that one, then you can't go away (die) and you can't come back (reincarnate) since there was only one. You can't reincarnate into some other, you can't reincarnate into all, you were always all and everything perceivable and unperceivable. What you perceive as you and the reality you observe is only a lens, a filter through which your perception is limited. If you are "it" - and all that is is contained in "it" - then everything is in "you", and how could you possible reincarnate into something that is already inside you?

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

How about we stop with all that gibberish/pseudo-profundity and just give understandable/non-BS answers. 

Reincarnation is not a 100% proven thing, yet there is some really good evidence that indicates some kind of "thread" that goes through lifetimes. If you are interested in that, search for Dr. Ian Stevenson's lectures on youtube. 
Now lets come to your question: How is reincarnation compatible with non-duality. Again, there is no definite proof out there, in fact different traditions/teachers will tell you different stories about that. Yet there seems to be a middle ground where most traditions come together and it basically goes like this: 

When your body dies, your brain dies. When your brain dies, your personality/ego dies. So thats gone.
Yet there is some kind of "karmic structure"(yogi-term) or "soul"(christian term) that "looks for a new body" after your current one bites the dust. In this structure, all your previous life experiences are perserved and this actually influences which "new body" "you" are choosing. Godhead is overflowing with creative energy, so it constantly spits out new "karmic structures"  that go on their adventures through serveral lifetimes, until one day, they return by realizing their true nature. 

Its still all one thing, it just creates a cosmic dance out of itself. 

Again, I dont know if this is true - but it seems to be possible. 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

3 hours ago, Organica said:

Hi @Nahm, thanks for your reply, yet I'm not sure what you're trying to say... I do realize nonduality means all is one, but reincarnation is still something we/I/God experience, or not?
Could you please elaborate more on this? I'd really like to understand. Thanks!

Every thought is an added layer. Layers implying twoness in a variety of ways. If you’re aim is nonduality, then weed out any and all twoness thought patterns, by scrutinizing them at more intense, and yet more subtle and loving, levels. If one has a soul, there are two. The one, and the would which it has. 

There was said to be electricity & magnetism, then electromagnetism. There was said to be space & time, then spacetime. Human thought makes twoness. Awareness of thought, scrutiny, and all is reducible.  “I realize nonduality means all is one”...write different perspectives of this on your board, work it out, reduce it. What is that if there’s no I...if there’s no meaning...if there’s no nonduality...if there’s no all...if there’s no saying of this...if there’s no recipient...?

Direct experience...you have it. Question it. Derive your answers from it. ?? You know thoughts about reincarnation. What else about it is in your direct experience, right now, here and now in this moment, not in a thought?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

39 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Every thought is an added layer. Layers implying twoness in a variety of ways. If you’re aim is nonduality, then weed all any and all twoness thought patterns, by scrutinizing them at more intense, and yet more subtle and loving, levels. If one has a soul, there are two. The one, and the would which it has. 

There was said to be electricity & magnetism, then electromagnetism. There was said to be space & time, then spacetime. Human thought makes twoness. Awareness of thought, scrutiny, and all is reducible.  “I realize nonduality means all is one”...write different perspectives of this on your board, work it out, reduce it. What is that if there’s no I...if there’s no meaning...if there’s no nonduality...if there’s no all...if there’s no saying of this...if there’s no recipient...?

Direct experience...you have it. Question it. Derive your answers from it. ?? You know thoughts about reincarnation. What else about it is in your direct experience, right now, here and now in this moment, not in a thought?

How do you know when to scrutinize a thought or detach from it.

Scrutinizing and detaching are 2 different techniques with different results. 

Edited by electroBeam

On 11/23/2019 at 6:28 AM, Organica said:

I wonder if anyone could tell me what reincarnation looks like from the non-dual perspective. The idea that one's soul keeps coming back to earth to evolve to 'higher' forms of beings finds some resistance in me (from cat to horse to human, etc). Could anyone help me out here? Thanks!

I recently made a video about this...please check it out: https://youtu.be/y8lOCItMQB0

Nonduality does not exclude past lives and reincarnation, but often spiritual seekers build and reinforce the illusion of "me" through past lives. Ultimately, there is no "me"...the Self is all there is.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

@electroBeam

Great question. First, a great feeling thought is never an issue. It is the order of creation creating. “Great feeling” is relative to what is on your dream board, what you have identified you want to create. Experience itself is created via Consciousness limitation, as such, fundamentally, experience is the experience of expansion. The experience of the “expansion of your consciousness”, is the act of unlimiting yourself, quite literally. 

If you can let a thought go, let it go. A better feeling, clearer, more inspired, more aligned with what you are wanting & creating thought is always arising behind it. If there is resistance to letting a thought go, then scrutinize the identity relationship, the condition or limiting belief which ‘holds it’. 

An arising thought & an accompanying feeling are not a tiny insignificant event in a physical universe. The “physical universe” is unfolding in accordance with the choosing of thought, in alignment with the absolute source, in expansion of Self, which limited itself, to create experience. We are an echo in a continuum of creation, experientially. 

A contemplation might be...as thoughts are appearance, just like a chair...what happens to all the chairs that are “let go”? They recycle in the universe and ‘become’ another appearance. So what happens to every thought which is let go? Why would it be any different, and what does that say about you, and your creating of reality? Imo, such a contemplation stands to draw attention to the creating importance (if creating your reality is relatively important, aka, what you want) of choosing better feeling thoughts. 

A thought is like a blanket on the floor with an apparent lump in it. When you look under it, there was nothing there causing the lump, it just seemed like there was. If you can just readily see this, that there is no ‘blanket / lump’, that you are the thought “itself”. then there’s no thought to scrutinize. If that is not the case, looking under the blanket is analogous to looking under the thought. Which is to say, inspecting the attachment between feeling & the thought. The bridge there, is identity / conditioning / limiting beliefs of Self. 

All which can be said, heard, experienced, is thought, sensation, perception. Of the utmost importance, is tuning into this actuality. The mind loves to project what is “inside” of / experiential - thought, sensation & perception - “outside” of thought, sensation, and perception. ALL...space, time, anything, everything, etc, etc...ALL, is actually thought, perception, sensation, which You are creating. You created the means of this creating, so you could create. If anything, it’s too perfect, too seamless, too convincing. You’re that good. Too good. Too perfect!

A simple example of this, is the realization you have never experienced that anyone is thinking, let alone what they are thinking. It is always “your” arising thought, implicating a knowing of what someone is thinking. There is a great liberation is the realization, there is only this one at a time linear stream of arising thought. 

All thought is relative, and resonates in degree of alignment with absolute, with unconditional love - with creation, which thought is inseparably orchestrating. 

On 30/11/2019 at 1:25 AM, Nahm said:

@electroBeam

Great question. First, a great feeling thought is never an issue. It is the order of creation creating. “Great feeling” is relative to what is on your dream board, what you have identified you want to create. Experience itself is created via Consciousness limitation, as such, fundamentally, experience is the experience of expansion. The experience of the “expansion of your consciousness”, is the act of unlimiting yourself, quite literally. 

If you can let a thought go, let it go. A better feeling, clearer, more inspired, more aligned with what you are wanting & creating thought is always arising behind it. If there is resistance to letting a thought go, then scrutinize the identity relationship, the condition or limiting belief which ‘holds it’. 

An arising thought & an accompanying feeling are not a tiny insignificant event in a physical universe. The “physical universe” is unfolding in accordance with the choosing of thought, in alignment with the absolute source, in expansion of Self, which limited itself, to create experience. We are an echo in a continuum of creation, experientially. 

A contemplation might be...as thoughts are appearance, just like a chair...what happens to all the chairs that are “let go”? They recycle in the universe and ‘become’ another appearance. So what happens to every thought which is let go? Why would it be any different, and what does that say about you, and your creating of reality? Imo, such a contemplation stands to draw attention to the creating importance (if creating your reality is relatively important, aka, what you want) of choosing better feeling thoughts. 

A thought is like a blanket on the floor with an apparent lump in it. When you look under it, there was nothing there causing the lump, it just seemed like there was. If you can just readily see this, that there is no ‘blanket / lump’, that you are the thought “itself”. then there’s no thought to scrutinize. If that is not the case, looking under the blanket is analogous to looking under the thought. Which is to say, inspecting the attachment between feeling & the thought. The bridge there, is identity / conditioning / limiting beliefs of Self. 

All which can be said, heard, experienced, is thought, sensation, perception. Of the utmost importance, is tuning into this actuality. The mind loves to project what is “inside” of / experiential - thought, sensation & perception - “outside” of thought, sensation, and perception. ALL...space, time, anything, everything, etc, etc...ALL, is actually thought, perception, sensation, which You are creating. You created the means of this creating, so you could create. If anything, it’s too perfect, too seamless, too convincing. You’re that good. Too good. Too perfect!

A simple example of this, is the realization you have never experienced that anyone is thinking, let alone what they are thinking. It is always “your” arising thought, implicating a knowing of what someone is thinking. There is a great liberation is the realization, there is only this one at a time linear stream of arising thought. 

All thought is relative, and resonates in degree of alignment with absolute, with unconditional love - with creation, which thought is inseparably orchestrating. 

thanks Nahm for that

Could you just elaborate more on what you mean by thoughts get recycled as appearance? When detachment of thoughts occur, I notice that less thoughts occur and more present moment happens. Of course the present moment is actually another deeper layer of thoughts, like you're peeling layers off an onion. But I don't see what this recycle stuff is. 

Edited by electroBeam

@electroBeam It’s a pointer to cosmic consciousness, which nondual realization is prior to.  There needs to be a natural path unfolding. Without a full circle on thoughts as self, an explanation could all too well trigger too much pressure on thinking. Thought creates but is not necessary to create, if you can resolve that apparat this paradox you got it. I’d suggest putting yourself, a dream board, and what you actually want in life, into the equation. Makes the expediting of the path all the easier. :) And just, more fun, really. 

17 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@electroBeam It’s a pointer to cosmic consciousness, which nondual realization is prior to.  There needs to be a natural path unfolding. Without a full circle on thoughts as self, an explanation could all too well trigger too much pressure on thinking. Thought creates but is not necessary to create, if you can resolve that apparat this paradox you got it. I’d suggest putting yourself, a dream board, and what you actually want in life, into the equation. Makes the expediting of the path all the easier. :) And just, more fun, really. 

Definitely, adds a bit of Tantra to the path.

Got a vision board, have no idea ehat you're talking about, perfect question for shrooms