Conscious life

Can movie increase your consciousness?

20 posts in this topic

it's not about the experience, it's a lot about the experiencer.

back stage analysis

meta thinking about the movies

understanding emotions, metaphoric paradigm.

there is movies for all levels of consciousness.

Here are "very high tier stuff" I would dabble if I was into "self growth movies"

Gaspar Noé / Lars Von Trier / Nicolas Winding Refn

they are not your yearly dose of avenger

Art especially when practiced/understanded at a meta level is VERY HIGHLY CONSCIOUS.

70% of my spiritual work was through doing art ( all types ) Study the meta thinking behind each arts.

I find movies that trigger strong emotions (whether they be positive or negative) usually are the ones the raise my consciousness for me. 

Yes they can but there is definitely a cut off point. You have to watch high quality well made movies that really get you thinking about important topics or bring out strong emotions in you. But you eventually hit a ceiling and just watching pixels on a screen is not gonna benefit you anymore. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

I enjoyed the themes in Cloud Atlas on how a single action can affect another person thousands of years later.  Stage orange people never think about consequences and blue just love status quo which is what was holding humanity back through the entire film

What are you guys favourite movies in this regard? I love thought provoking movies! Haha

as knowledge for consciousness, Yup!

but not a direct consciousness, so if you try staying self-awareness while watching TV, that'd be contributing much to your consciousness than just watching it.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

On 11/25/2019 at 11:13 AM, karltiboleng said:

What are you guys favourite movies in this regard? I love thought provoking movies! Haha

Yep. What are highly consciousness movies? 

Of course there are movies that improves your awareness. However, for the most part mainstream movies are  just mental diarrhea used to corrupt your mind.

Producers have to manufacture low quality consciousness movies to the mass to survive.

Edited by TRUTHWITHCAPITALT

1 minute ago, TRUTHWITHCAPITALT said:

Of course there are movies that improves your awareness. However, for the most part mainstream movies are is just mental diarrhea used to corrupt your mind.

Producers have to manufacture low quality consciousness movies to the mass to survive.

Yes the focus has shifted within the individual and the collective. I think our focus is key. Some only notice the awakened or high vibrational aspects in and of the movies today while others are stuck in judgment not realizing it’s self judgment creating an inability to assist in raising the collective frequency which is actually just a mirror of our own frequency. We allow and choose what responsibility of the collective to take on and how we’d like to manipulate the whole 

Apocalypse Now.

It's not only one of the most magnificient total works of art ever made (as well as one of my top 5 favourite movies of all time) but perhaps the greatest treatise on ego delusion - both individual and collective - that has ever been put on celluloid. Only a raving madman like Francis Ford Coppola could have conjured up such a deliriously megalomaniac cinematic trip into the Heart Of Darkness... and Marlon Brando's Colonel Kurtz might just be my favourite fictional Zen Devil in all of movie history (second perhaps only to Darth Vader himself).

Why so serious?

Good storytelling comes from a truly creative place that is beyond us, almost like channeling, so stories like that can be powerful pointers. Movies are just one medium for stories. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Yes by showing you the beauty of yourself. You see new perspectives.

Leo Gura's videos are like movies. They are two hours long, and they have narratives.

Think of them as one-man movies.

Edited by CreamCat