capriciousduck

English

8 posts in this topic

I asked the following question to a member of this blog and now I felt that it would be much helpful If I take input from you guys too. So, I posted this. 

I don't know how to describe this. I have an IELTS exam in 2 months or so. I am a bit weak in speaking and listening to English. I know, obviously, that I should work hard but are there anythings which can accelerate my learning process? Something like binaural beats(the best working one which you know?) or affirmations e.t.c.? 

I really have to get a good score in the speaking session(one of the four: Reading, Speaking, Listening, and  Writing)

Edited by capriciousduck
A typo fix

Hi.

I don't know which country you're from, but if you can get netflix or a similar English-language streaming service, it should help immensely. Just watch all your favourite shows in English, preferably choosing different regional dialects, with subtitles if necessary, so you can make note of any unfamiliar words and how they're spelt.

When I was a kid, I read English-language comic books, those helped too, because you associate words with pictures. Ultimately, the fastest way to learn any language is to spend time in a native-speaking environment. This doesn't have to be England or the USA, there are about 50 commonwealth countries to choose from, in most of these English is widely used in all areas of life. 

In the meanwhile, there are websites and communities where language tutoring and conversations are offered. If you have a VR headset, such as Oculus go, there are various social apps (such as altspace) where you can talk to people in English from all over the world, for free. Also, look for facebook groups, where people meet up to practice their English with each other in your town.

There are many bbc app on playstore. Download and hear.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Your high yield technique is to record yourself speaking in English, review it and correct your mistakes.

2 months are more than enough for IELTS.

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

English education is important, I've met some people mostly Asian who are interested in this line of work but language hinders them to acquire these actualized information. One of their goals is to participate and experience  modern way of gaining enlightenment. 

Forget about binural beats or materials like that. don't try to short circuit or force or push the limit.

just do the work and immerse yourself in the process of learning the language and trust the subconscious mind which is like a sponge that absorbs all of the sets of data you put into.  

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"