Hypnofrik

Hypnosis for enlightenment

19 posts in this topic

Hello, I am working as a hypnotherapist for the last 7 years .
Hypnosis is a really amazing tool for healing trauma / addictions / bad habits / panic attacks / phobias /self improvement (list goes on).

You can go deep into the root of the  behavioral patterns of the subject and reprogram them.

So I am thinking about making a hypnosis session that aims to make the unconscious part of the subject to look for the real Self.

What could be the best directions for something like that, in order to skip the ego's illusions?

- ΚΑΝΕΝΑΣ.

Edited by Hypnofrik

That  sounds very interesting, but I don't know if Self-inquiry would work if used on the subconscious mind vs the conscious mind. 

But, look into Self-inquiry techniques (who am I? What am I? Who/what is aware? How do you know you exist? Etc) , and give it a go.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

5 hours ago, Hypnofrik said:

What could be the best directions for something like that, in order to skip the ego's illusions?

@Hypnofrik Why not try self hypnosis ( self affirmations) first and explore it in "your" direct experience?

51ojBSj9eSL._SY445_QL70_.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

https://books.google.com/books?id=KE0JHAAACAAJ&dq=Self+Hypnosis+for+Cosmic+Consciousness:+Achieving+Altered+States,+Mystical+Experiences+and+Spiritual+Enlightenment&hl=en&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwik74fHrfrlAhVwUN8KHV6KAewQ6AEwAHoECAAQAg

Welcome

@Hypnofrik  above a related bookyou might find interesting  with link including excerpts. If you look at Hypnosis for enlightenment do you consider yourself enlightened?
If not in looking at Hypnosis for enlightenment would you want it to be applied to yourself?

some questions if you have time, any of the below you have time for

1) why isn't hypnosis more popular ?
2) what do you think of Bruce Liptons and the Psych-K approach to reprogramming the subconscious ?
3)  I know some hypnotherapists will asses a person's suggestibility to determine how hypnotizable they are sometimes giving it a numerical rating
Would you says skeptical or paranoid types tend to be the less hypnotizable types? 
4) If we look at a positive affirmation procedure like just simple saying one over and over for 5 minutes a day for a month to instill a good habit how effective do you think that is and how does it compare to more elaborate self hypnosis methods or sessions with a hypnotherpist? How effective is juts simple repetition of the declaration of a particular goal?
5) if someone undergoes hypnosis before going to sleep does it make it more effective?
6) As a hypnotherapist what do you think of a 3 part  Freudian model of consciousness, that there is an " Id" that is instinctual and emotional and there is an ego that has a sense of identity and reasons how to manege the needs and desires of the Id
and there's a Super ego that deal is with morality and making wise decisions ?
7) If someone us using hypnosis to achieve a goal for instance listen to a tape of their hypnotherapy session on ongoing days can they have effective results if they had says, two other separate things to work on at the same time? Suppose someone was working on correcting a pattern of being late to work, quitting cigarettes and eating more healthy foods.  Can they use hypnosis to deal with all the issues at the same time or is it better one at a time?

thanks

Edited by Nak Khid

If hypnosis works to change patterns of the mind, I dont see any reason why hypnosis of the thinking mind couldn't be done to bring about new attitudes and habits conducive to enlightenment.  Such as a hypnotic pattern designed to increase a persons desire for freedom, or one that breaks apart the sense of self.  Theres really no reason why this couldn't work if done well.  Because hypnosis can change a psyche really fast and powerfully, and because this is such a huge change for the mind, it could cause huge dramatic unpleasant experiences as the mind changes so fast, but even this can be worked with.  Its just a new field that you'll have to refine as you go.

Edited by Mulky

Also, this is both scary and risky, but would be really effective.  Convince the hypnotee that it is about to die, guaranteed, no escape.  Now guide it down into certain death, with a very obvious point where it dies.  This would be the most effective but I don't think it works for every mind.

@Nak Khid

8 hours ago, Nak Khid said:

1) why isn't hypnosis more popular ?
2) what do you think of Bruce Liptons and the Psych-K approach to reprogramming the subconscious ?
3)  I know some hypnotherapists will asses a person's suggestibility to determine how hypnotizable they are sometimes giving it a numerical rating
Would you says skeptical or paranoid types tend to be the less hypnotizable types? 
4) If we look at a positive affirmation procedure like just simple saying one over and over for 5 minutes a day for a month to instill a good habit how effective do you think that is and how does it compare to more elaborate self hypnosis methods or sessions with a hypnotherpist? How effective is juts simple repetition of the declaration of a particular goal?
5) if someone undergoes hypnosis before going to sleep does it make it more effective?
6) As a hypnotherapist what do you think of a 3 part  Freudian model of consciousness, that there is an " Id" that is instinctual and emotional and there is an ego that has a sense of identity and reasons how to manege the needs and desires of the Id
and there's a Super ego that deal is with morality and making wise decisions ?
7) If someone us using hypnosis to achieve a goal for instance listen to a tape of their hypnotherapy session on ongoing days can they have effective results if they had says, two other separate things to work on at the same time? Suppose someone was working on correcting a pattern of being late to work, quitting cigarettes and eating more healthy foods.  Can they use hypnosis to deal with all the issues at the same time or is it better one at a time?

thanks

1.The drug industry does not want to cure, it wants to work on the symptoms.
So there is a-lot of sabotage (hollywood assosiates hypnosis with magic e.t.c / universities promotes other shit)

2.Never tried it my self, so i don't have an opinion.

3.My point of view is that anyone is a hypnotizable subject, we get in and out of hypnotic trance states every day.
It is a normal everyday thing.
But you can't hypnotize people that don't want to get into that state or people who have autism or really low IQ.

So what really matters is  if they want to get into that theta state

(if the hypnotist is really skilled, it doesn't really matter, he will get the customer into hypnosis anyways.)

4.When you just say affirmations the results are going to be poor, and thats because of something called (critical faculty).
In hypnosis the critical faculty goes offline, and thats the reason all the affirmations / suggestions goes into the unconscious part of the mind.

If you want my advice, learn to use self hypnosis and repeat your affirmations while you are in that state, this will work way better.

OR just record the affirmations and listen to them while you relax deeply, or sleep.

5.Yes

6.All I see is just unconscious processes, I don't really care about the label, I do care more about the structure of those processes and how to make them work in a practical way.

7.It is better to work on one problem at a time. 

Also tapes doesn't work on the root of the problem, because it is not possible to analyze the reasons someone smokes (for example).
It is possible for someone to stop smoking using tapes, but it is also possible to become an alcoholic or overweight after that.

If someone smokes in order to get away from anxiety and you take smoking away from them, then they will find another distraction (alcohol/drugs/gambling e.t.c).

Everything is a distraction from our inner shit.

Sending my love from Greece.

@Mulky Thats exactly what Im thinking.

I am going to do some experiments on me first.

But suggesting death in hypnosis is dangerous.
It has to be really focused on the identity.

If it goes well ill get a voice actor to record my script and ill share it with you.

Edited by Hypnofrik

@cetus56

Thats exactly what Im about to do.
I am currently working on the script of this recording.

Ill update as soon as I have results.

2 hours ago, AwakenedSoul444 said:

Hypnosis would be good, and there are alot of self help websites that have made stuff like this. Affirmations wouldn't be good because they require a sense of self. But hypnosis works on the subconcious mind.

Bruce Lipton says the subconscious mind responds to repetitious affirmations that are done over time 

(The reprogramming part is discussed 28:25  before that related discussion on epigenetics etc)

Bruce H. Lipton, PhD is an internationally recognized leader in bridging science and spirit. Stem cell biologist, bestselling author of The Biology of Belief and recipient of the 2009 Goi Peace Award, he has been a guest speaker on hundreds of TV and radio shows, as well as keynote presenter for national and international conferences.

@hypfi

Dr. Lipton began his scientific career as a cell biologist. He received his Ph.D. Degree from the University of Virginia at Charlottesville before joining the Department of Anatomy at the University of Wisconsin’s School of Medicine in 1973. Dr. Lipton’s research on muscular dystrophy, studies employing cloned human stem cells, focused upon the molecular mechanisms controlling cell behavior. An experimental tissue transplantation technique developed by Dr. Lipton and colleague Dr. Ed Schultz and published in the journal Science was subsequently employed as a novel form of human genetic engineering.

In 1982, Dr. Lipton began examining the principles of quantum physics and how they might be integrated into his understanding of the cell’s information processing systems. He produced breakthrough studies on the cell membrane, which revealed that this outer layer of the cell was an organic homologue of a computer chip, the cell’s equivalent of a brain. His research at Stanford University’s School of Medicine, between 1987 and 1992, revealed that the environment, operating though the membrane, controlled the behavior and physiology of the cell, turning genes on and off. His discoveries, which ran counter to the established scientific view that life is controlled by the genes, presaged one of today’s most important fields of study, the science of epigenetics. Two major scientific publications derived from these studies defined the molecular pathways connecting the mind and body. Many subsequent papers by other researchers have since validated his concepts and ideas.

Dr. Lipton’s novel scientific approach transformed his personal life as well. His deepened understanding of cell biology highlighted the mechanisms by which the mind controls bodily functions, and implied the existence of an immortal spirit. He applied this science to his personal biology, and discovered that his physical well-being improved, and the quality and character of his daily life was greatly enhanced.

Welcome to PSYCH-K® and the Evolution of Consciousness

Rob Williams, Originator of PSYCH-K®

The overall mission of PSYCH-K is to Nurture Sacred Global Evolution. To be more specific, I have noticed that many people seem to have forgotten their true identity as spiritual beings having a human experience. When your subconscious beliefs are aligned with this fundamental truth, you will be freed from a kind of prison of limiting beliefs. These beliefs can limit who you are, as well as who you want to be. My personal life experience, as well as 14 years as a psychotherapist, taught me that the source of nearly all suffering, no matter whether it is mental, physical, or emotional, comes from the basic illusion of separation from our true Spiritual Nature.

There are many paths, and many names for our Spiritual Source, but all paths have to navigate through the “roadblocks” of the subconscious mind. Often the subconscious is like a mine-field of limiting beliefs and old outdated “programs” that are no longer worthy of who you are, or who you are becoming. These limiting subconscious beliefs affect all aspects of your life including; your relationships, self-esteem, financial prosperity, career choices, even your health and fitness. PSYCH-K helps you clear a safe path through those “roadblocks” to a new place of expanded potential in every area of your life.

We are in the process of a monumental shift in human consciousness, of which we are all playing a part, consciously and subconsciously. The bad news is that the problems we face are formidable. The good news is that solutions are available. And, the best news is that we are the solution! That is, if we can evolve our consciousness to a new level of thinking. As Albert Einstein said, we can’t solve a problem from the level of thinking that created it. Research shows that PSYCH-K creates a Whole-Brain State, which in turn acts as a kind of “gateway to higher consciousness,” elevating thinking capacity to new levels of functionality and creativity. It is this higher state of consciousness that is needed in order to help solve the problems we face, personally and globally.

When you change yourself, you change the world!

PSYCH-K is:

a non-invasive, interactive process of change with a proven record of success for over 25 years!

a simple, yet powerful process to change subconscious beliefs that are self-limiting and self-sabotaging

a unique blend of various tools for change, some contemporary and some ancient, derived from contemporary neuroscience research, as well as ancient mind/body wisdom

a ground breaking approach to facilitating change at the subconscious level where at least 95% of our consciousness operates.

a process that transcends the standard methods of visualization, affirmations, will power, and positive thinking especially effective in the areas of behavioral/habit change, wellness and stress reduction

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

@Hypnofrik      If you get  a chance maybe you could look over these videos a little and maybe comment but some of it might be related to your aims

6 hours ago, Hypnofrik said:

@Nak Khid

Also tapes doesn't work on the root of the problem, because it is not possible to analyze the reasons someone smokes (for example).
It is possible for someone to stop smoking using tapes, but it is also possible to become an alcoholic or overweight after that.

If someone smokes in order to get away from anxiety and you take smoking away from them, then they will find another distraction (alcohol/drugs/gambling e.t.c).

What if the script address the root or the problem and then you listen to a recording of the session later? 
Also how efficient is self hypnoses as compared to seeing a hypnotherapist and what is your favorite book on self hypnosis that you think would be most useful to someone trying to use it on themselves ?

@Nak Khid 

PSYCH-K sounds like self hypnosis.
Everything PSYCH-K can do, hypnosis / self hypnosis can achieve either.

What looks special about it is the fact that it is connected with quantum physics e.t.c

I have to do a deep research on it, but so far the basic principles look the same with hypnosis.

7 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

What if the script address the root or the problem and then you listen to a recording of the session later? 
Also how efficient is self hypnoses as compared to seeing a hypnotherapist and what is your favorite book on self hypnosis that you think would be most useful to someone trying to use it on themselves ?

Thats the way to go.
On the first session or two, it is really important to find the root of the problem (face to face with the client).
After the root is found and fixed, then the recordings will have an amazing effect!

1 hour ago, Hypnofrik said:

@Nak Khid 

Thats the way to go.
On the first session or two, it is really important to find the root of the problem (face to face with the client).
After the root is found and fixed, then the recordings will have an amazing effect!

many therapists would say identifying the root of a problem could be a long process, months or years.
Do you use hypnosis also to identify the root of a problem or is that just used to heal it?

Also what do you think is a good self hypnosis book?

Edited by Nak Khid

@Nak Khid Using hypnosis you can get to the root in 1 to 3 sessions.
And thats because, the hypnotist give to the unconscious mind the direction to show up the experience that created the behavioral pattern.

The reason that other form of therapies take so long to make that change, has to do with the way that our mind works with trauma or unpleasant experiences.

When you have an unpleasant experience, that contains bad emotions, your mind hides that memory.
BUT everything that reminds the memory, triggers the emotions.

For example, if you had a panic attack while there was a Michael Jackson song in the background - the Michael Jackson song could be a trigger for you to have a panic attack again after few months.

You won't really understand why you having a panic attack, but your unconscious mind will already make the connection for you to have one.

So

1.The mind hides the memory, but everything that contained in it can trigger the emotions.
2.With hypnosis we can find the memory and change the feelings attached to it.
3.So now, the memory brings up the new feelings we attached to it  OR no feelings at all.

There are many books on self hypnosis but I learned hypnosis by seminars and Igor Ledochowski 

@Hypnofrik The thing is, hypnosis is already one step too far.

Awakening literally requires nothing. Anything you add takes away from it.

All you must do to awaken is sit totally still and be fully present of the NOW for very long periods of uninterrupted time. Your mind must go as quiet as possible. Just total stillness and focus.

You might be able to use hypnosis to quiet the mind and focus it on the present moment. But then just sit there and be present. It takes a lot of presence. So much presence you start to hallucinate a bit and your visual field goes wavey.

Mental activity and lack of focus is the number obstacle to awakening. Anything you do to try to hasten the process is mental activity, which slows down the process. So it's about learning how to get out of your own way.

Or just take a psychedelic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It depends on if you want a temporary awakening or a permanent one

17 hours ago, Hypnofrik said:

Everything is a distraction from our inner shit.

Haha, I quit video games and twitch to eliminate distractions. I can confirm this.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

On 2019-11-20 at 7:06 PM, Hypnofrik said:

Hypnosis is a really amazing tool for healing trauma

Trauma is trapped in the body/nervous system. The stories in your mind are a result of the trauma, and not the source. So how would it be possible to heal it via hypnosis?

@Hypnofrik  

1) how effective is it to use hypnosis to influence someone to feel happy ?
2) should happiness be conditional?   Suppose someone says "I won't be happen until I have 100k in my back account" . We can easily say that is a materialist condition to be happy about but what if someone's mother dies or their house gets torn down in a hurricane.  Is it approapriate to bae happy then?
3) If we look at the average person's life they would says sometimes they are happy other times people are sad. 
Someone might suggest that happiness cannot exist without sadness.
Still others might argue it is best to live a life in the middle of happy and sad and be at peace (however forgoing high points and excitement in order to not also experience the low lows)