Chi_

If Death means merging with absolute Infinity, then what about the rebirth model?

12 posts in this topic

Does asking this question mean I haven't fully grasped the depth of what Death is?

My previous understanding was that after the imaginary physical death, we come back in another life continuously until we fully realise that we are God.

But after watching Leo's latest video, my understanding is that I was never born or I will never die and the rebirth model is only true in the physical paradigm.

I know absolute infinity cannot be grasped with logic so I am also not having high hopes of getting this question answered. 

If there is infinity, is there a second thing / self, which ‘merges with it’?  

Is ‘the physical paradigm’ an actual place, or your thought?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

If there is infinity, is there a second thing / self, which ‘merges with it’?  

Is ‘the physical paradigm’ an actual place, or your thought?

Yes Nahm you got me there. Language is so tricky in this business 

1 hour ago, erik8lrl said:

Yes, you are infinite love all the time, living or dead. 

❤️❤️

When Buddhists say " Once someone becomes a Buddha he will never be born" , I think they do mean that physically the Buddha will not be born.

What you are right now as an unenlightened being  is  a state of consciousness which has  confined itself to a narrow physical body. 

Enlightenment means the complete demolition of this state of  consciousness.

So I think, if you are really conscious, then I don't think you will be born since you are washed off all the karmic forces. But if you are unconscious, or you don't have a high developed  consciousness, then yes, you will be reborn according your accumulated karma (which instead  of viewing as something associated with morality, I like to view it as elastic potential force  in a rubber band ). 

In medicine we  have a concept called homeostasis, the tendency of the body to maintain it's internal environment, eg- may be for some reason your blood pressure changes, or your respiratory rate changes, then in that case homeostatic mechanisms come into play which maintains the natural state of the body.

In the  same way, your  consciousness also tries to maintain its own being. You die and become infinite love for a while but again , like the  law of inertia, it again descends into the state of bodily consciousness/identification = samsara.

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

43 minutes ago, Chi_ said:

Yes Nahm you got me there. Language is so tricky in this business 

It’s not semantical or linguistical, at least what’s being pointed to. There are no beliefs “in the world“, only of the world.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 20.11.2019. at 3:14 PM, erik8lrl said:

Yes, you are infinite love all the time, living or dead. 

?♥️? Quite terrifying is IT. One thing is to experience yourself as THAT HERE and there but to BE IT all the time it's like wow and it is possible which supprissed me the most. You can actually live your everyday life in that "state". 

Thing is requires complete ego death. Like total and Leo is right, you won't be able to distuingish your mother from yourself. 

No wonder for so many ego backlashes when stte subside, you really have to be highly gentle and caring to yourself otherwise you might get yourself lost in depression. 

All the Best, love you all. 

I have the story that Leo might be mixing some things up. @Leo Gura says that when we physically die we'll merge with the absolute, but that's assuming that when you physically die your ego dies as well... what most sages will say is that the karmic structure of your ego doesn't die when you physically die, only when your ego dies.

Of course I don't have a direct experience of that, but wouldn't it be more true to say that we don't know what happens when the physical body dies? But that he knows what happens when the ego dies. 

Maybe when you physically die you become a spirit/ghost that hasn't merged with God?

Am I missing something here?

@gahzito What Leo is giving is an absolute perspective on death and admitted that he doesn't know the exact structure on karma in the video if you went through the whole thing. But, it appears to insist that it does exist. 

@Chi_ You are always in the absolute state knowingly or unknowingly for there is nothing else. (Stole that from Francis Lucille haha) 

The majority of people have ZERO idea of who they are on an absolute level, everyone's process is very different. 

Absolutely, the physical paradigm is merely the Self, the Self is all, literally EVERYTHING is the Self, once you realize this in your own existential experience you will then know it is impossible for the self to ever die, it is the substratum of all things. 

Of course the body will die, but your essence cannot. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi