Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael Paul

Realization that death is Love (plus description of near-death experience)

1 post in this topic

After watching Leo’s latest video on death, I think I finally understand why I’ve been struggling with spirituality and suffering through the pain of confusion. It has to do with the fact that I haven’t seen that death is actually love. I spent much of the early part of my life fearing death, trying to run from death, until I had a full awakening into the nature of death — it’s nothing but love. 

When I was two years old, we lived in a 3 story house. My room was on the top floor and our chimney ran down the outside of the wall of my bedroom. One night as I lay in my bed, lightning struck the chimney and completely blew out the wall of my bedroom. I remember being so terrified that I couldn’t even speak or see anything. I had tunnel vision for a few hours. The noise is what scared me the most. 

I’m pretty sure that experience altered my unconscious reality and made me more sensitive to suffering and death than the average person. But now I’m able to recontextualize this experience and realize that this early brush with death was important because it gave me a new appreciation for life.