King Merk

Dropping Judgements

6 posts in this topic

I’ve dropped many of the judgments I applied to myself previously in life. I’m no longer negatively driven by guilt, shame, or a neurotic desire to please/impress others.

However, one judgment I’m struggling to drop is judging the unconsciousness of others.

It drives me fucking crazy when I hear people around me sabotaging their own life by playing the victim role and complaining about the circumstances they choose to put themselves into. Complaining of being stuck in prison when they themselves are the prison guards who simply need to take ownership of their lives.

I understand I need to be more empathetic, loving and accepting of people and where they are in life... but I’m struggling in actually doing that.

What mindsets/tips/exercises have y’all used to drop your judgments of yourself and others to become a more loving and accepting individual? 

Edited by King Merk

The game of survival cannot be won. 

@King Merk judgement is made by someone who is outside of the context / separate from the other person being judged. 

anytime you judge, it means you have forgotten that you and others are playing parts in a film...

it's like you're judging your co-stars for playing their part or saying their lines...

anytime you become aware of the fact that you are judgeing, let it be a reminder that you're again pulled into the dream...

only character A can judge character B

the author never judges. the author knows A and B are playing the parts assigned to them.

A and B can come to be aware of this fact whilst in the play and simply accept others for who they are.

sure, guide others as you need. but otherwise, let them be.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@King Merk "mindsets/tips/exercises" don't help one to overcome the illusion.

would there be any mindsets/tips/exercises which I could provide to you if you were afraid of a piece of rope when it was actually a snake?

NO!

the best way would be to pick up the rope and show you that it never was a snake.

that would put an end to your fear

same way

when you are shown that there is no "others" just like you see that there was no "snake"

the judgement would evaporate the same way the fear evaporates

the loving and accepting individual is what remains once the truth is known. it is automatic. natural. just as one would not be fearful of a rope once seeing it's not a snake which can bite.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@King Merk You can only really challenge people who seem as if they want help. Like in this forum . But with the general population you have to understand how hard it is for them to understand this self development stuff.

Look at all the bs ideas out there. Look at how social conditioning hypnotises us all. It takes years to develop, lots of sacrifice and struggle. People really have no choice but to live unconsciously. 

Having an expectation of them shows you where you need to work on yourself. Your frustration is not really caused by them, it's caused by your unexamined expectations. 

Love comes from disidentifying and empathy comes from taking the perspective of other people and really getting into their worldview. 

When you take time to empathize you might see that we all face similar challenges. It's a miracle that you're even here on this forum. Society is not set up for self actualisation, its set up to maintain itself. 

@King Merk I hear you. The more conscious you become the more aware you are of others unconscious behaviour. Well done for dropping judgements of yourself, that's a hard task. 

Or are you really dropping judgements ? When you judge others, you are in fact judging yourself. Think about this and contemplate on this. 

Don't you remember a time in your life where you did the exact same thing? Were you conscious of what you were doing? You gotta keep in mind that they are not conscious of their unconsciousness(obviously dah). Would you get mad at a toddler for not already being able to speak? Understand that he needs the exposure to the language and many trials and errors before he can get an idea across. 

Sailing on the ceiling