Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kindayellow

Acceptance Vs Analysis

3 posts in this topic

Okay so to begin with, I often will talk to myself about the events of the day, any issues that came up, how certain things made me feel, and sometimes thinking about what may happen tomorrow, this is often concerning work.

I like doing this because I like to hear myself talk, and i find it to be good to vent sometimes and de-stress, and I also get answers out of myself sometimes.

I believe a better option would to be learning to truly accept the events of the day like accepting I spent my day working, and that I'll be there tomorrow, and that I don't get on with my boss very well etc. My main issue is that I have struggles being truly relaxed during a work week and feel a little strapped for time. And I think acceptance may go a long way to helping me in my daily life.

Thoughts?

Don't blame a clown for acting like a clown, ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.

@kindayellow

Either accept it or change it. There's not much to analyse any more, once you start going in circles, your analysis is done unless you find some new information. You don't have to push yourself to accept it as sometimes it's easier to change things than trying to push acceptance that you struggle to do. 

I have an opinion on everything :D

@kindayellow To accept whatever arises is not a permission to bypass your emotions.

Instead of cultivating self-talk, I'd rather suggest pen and paper journaling, or recording notes.
This way, you could revisit your ruminations after some psychological distance has been built.
The way in which we're treating ourselves internally is shocking and worth paying attention to.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2