Name

If I tell myself that I don't exist I won't die.

13 posts in this topic

Leo, this doesn't have sense.

If I tell myself that gravity does not exist,it will not stop the gravity from existing.

Even if I convince myself that gravity does not exist to the deepest subcounsciously level that gravity is not real, gravity WILL STILL EXIST.

Is not like after I convince myself that it doesn't exist I'm going to stop being attracted to this planet and I will float around like a baloon.

22:20

If I tell myself that I'm not a,b,c,d,e,f and everything else..I will not die.

I will still be like that, except that I will not be aware of that.

Let's look at this: If I am blind, this does not means that the sun does not exists.

There are things that we are aware of and things that we're not aware of.

If we're not aware of them this doesn't mean that they don't exist,but that they are there "waiting" to be discovered.

If I don't know that I'm alive this doesn't makes me dead.

Please don't label this as monkey mind and move on, I'm completely open minded.

So show me the way,masters of self actualized.

1 hour ago, Name said:

If I tell myself that gravity does not exist,it will not stop the gravity from existing.

Even if I convince myself that gravity does not exist to the deepest subcounsciously level that gravity is not real, gravity WILL STILL EXIST.

But have you done that? how do you know? and what is your idea of 'gravity will still exist'. What is that concept

@Name you are still assuming a physical world out there separate from us.

You are still assuming a physical body. 

Only when you are free of the materialist paradigm will this make sense to you.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It's not something YOU can bring about by will. You don't exist in the first place.

I can tell myself "I don't have blue eyes" , but I still identify as a person having blue eyes.

I can tell myself "I don't exist", but I still deep down believe and feel I exist as -insert-name-

You have to directly experience that you don't exist as a body.

How do you bring about such a direct experience?

I can't say, but I've heard meditation and/or psychedelics can work.

Psychedelics have surely worked for me. 

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@Name Depending on context, you are correct or incorrect. 

It’s easy to assume we know what existence is. “Duh, my hand exists and a uncorn doesn’t exist!”. Yet there is a deeper existential realm. To gain a deeper understanding, one could inquire “What is existence?”. Or one could contempkate the inter-connectedness between existence and non-existence. Or one could get direct experience. For example, the experience of not being able to distinguish between existence and non-existence, such that there is no difference. Perhaps through lucid dreaming or psychedelics. 

@Cocolove Yeah I have done that,Gravity doesn't exist,I said it,I convinced myself that there is no gravity and it's only a concept in my mind.

Why don't I start floating in the outer space yet?

might because there is still something that pulls me towards the earth..hmmm???

Hmm,it seems like gravity but it cannot be because there is no such thing as gravity.

And same applies for my ego.If I convince myself that my ego doesn't exist I won't die.

On 17.11.2019 at 8:00 PM, Inliytened1 said:

@Name you are still assuming a physical world out there separate from us.

You are still assuming a physical body. 

Only when you are free of the materialist paradigm will this make sense to you.

Okay,How do I break free from materialist paradigm?

If I remember corectly perception is the reality.

And if I look at my body,hands,legs,they seem pretty real ngl.

What is your alternative?

@Serotoninluv

but I'm not claiming that I know what existence is.
I'm saying that my body exists,and so I am.
Leo said that perception is reality,and if I look at my hand,I can see that it's part of a bigger construct
which seem to be a body.

Again,if I don't know that I'm alive this doesn't make me death.
It's just that I'm still alive but epistemologically,I am not aware of it,I haven't labbeled it in any specific way.
But how "not telling me that I am x,y,z" will makes me die and how does this allows me to go to God's head and experiece the infinite nature of the Self?

PS: I am not a sceptic,I'm  open minded to any posibility.

57 minutes ago, Name said:

@Serotoninluv

Leo said that perception is reality,and if I look at my hand,I can see that it's part of a bigger construct
which seem to be a body.

By this logic, when you are sleeping you are not perceiving reality, your body doesn't exist and there is no you. 

You cannot truly convince yourself that gravity doesn't exist because whenever you do you are separating yourself from it. The truth is that you are gravity itself and because of the love you have for yourself, you exist as all there is. And when you are, you die. 

55 minutes ago, Name said:

The problem is your definition of existence. When Buddhist say that something doesn't exist what they mean is that it doesn't have an independent existence. It means that it can not exist by itself, it needs consciousness, it needs matter, etc... it cannot have existence without consciousness.

And Consciousness is the source of everything, so it's the only thing that exists.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Name 

On 17/11/2019 at 6:44 PM, Name said:

Leo, this doesn't have sense.

If I tell myself that I'm not a,b,c,d,e,f and everything else..I will not die.

I will still be like that, except that I will not be aware of that.

What you are being asked to do in this work is "drop" these certain ideas/beliefs. In the case of the beliefs relating to yourself, you really are not "a,b,c,d,e,f " and only a direct experience will show you that the ultimate nature of reality (which is yourself) can't be put into a label like that.

I'm more interested about what you said about gravity. Whether or not gravity is true is irrelevant, what's important is that you have clarity about the exact process in which your mind forms its beliefs/ideas about the world. Contemplation/inquiry is good for finding the root of your beliefs, Peter Ralston is my favourite for this.  Some would say gravity is a "relative truth" but not an "absolute truth".

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

1 hour ago, Name said:

Okay,How do I break free from materialist paradigm?

If I remember corectly perception is the reality.

And if I look at my body,hands,legs,they seem pretty real ngl.

What is your alternative?

Become conscious that reality is a Mind.  It is all being imagined by the Godhead (which is You.) 

There isn't anything physical. 

The materialist paradigm assumes that consciousness is within the brain, and then there is physical stuff out there.   A clockwork universe.   

Actually it's the other way around, the physical stuff exists within, or is held within, consciousness.   

Everything is held within consciousness. 

So once you become conscious of this, a whole new set of possibilities will open up to you. 

Right now you are being limited by the idea that reality is physical.

Make that shift in perspective.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.