Jahmaine

Can Cannabis actually be used for spirituality?

56 posts in this topic

Weed is dangerous for spiritualists sometimes. Here's how.

So one group of people who tend to lean towards spirituality are psychotics. Weed amplifies psychotic symptoms when used daily. Sure it's not as addictive as heroin or coke but it is addictive. And it does have negatives. It turns people into hobits that don't leave their house.

Increases anxiety, paranoia and other unlabeled psychotic phenomenon. The degree to which weed can amplify anxiety is, shocking

8 hours ago, Aaron p said:

Weed is dangerous for spiritualists sometimes. Here's how.

So one group of people who tend to lean towards spirituality are psychotics. Weed amplifies psychotic symptoms when used daily. Sure it's not as addictive as heroin or coke but it is addictive. And it does have negatives. It turns people into hobits that don't leave their house.

Increases anxiety, paranoia and other unlabeled psychotic phenomenon. The degree to which weed can amplify anxiety is, shocking

lmao this is all possible with psychedelics, plus chances are said weed that causes these issues is an adulterated version, seriously lacking in CBD (an antipsychotic with the purpose of balancing THC's effects) since it gives you more bang for your buck. I was skeptical CBD did this until I experienced it myself with THC, completely changes the experience- you're no longer floating off in a foggy daydream but instead feel very clear, sane, calm and present. But yea I agree it can be addictive (taking a long break myself) and as a result make you a slob ahaha.

The first time getting high for me was actually on edibles and I experienced intense "oneness" with my boyfriend, losing where my "self" ended and his started, it was so euphoric and beautiful lol. Any negative experiences from cannabis helped me grow and I don't use it much at all. I actually prefer the edibles experiences than my LSD trip (so far).

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Weed is useful for self-development work. Three days ago I had an intense edible trip from a cannabis tea, where I regressed to my childhood. I never planned on it. I accessed memories I forgot existed and felt the exact emotions I felt when I was a kid. The visuals of my memories were intense; it was like I was in a VR but of my actual life at a young age. I might as well have been on a psychedelic. 

I'd say it depends on how open you are. Cannabis can be used to relax and see things slightly different than you usually see them, as most people do, but if you take a sufficient dose, it can show you things you didn't even intend to. 

On 17/11/2019 at 4:21 PM, allislove said:

I see much more disadvantages for using cannabis compare to classical psychedelics. 

But if someone accepts these disadvantages (cannabis addictive, sometimes you feel dumber, you feel bad the day after (similar effect to alcohol)), why not, I feel it can be used for spiritual growth.

I've never had these effects. Maybe it's because I smoke 1 to 2 times a week I don't know

But if someone smoke everyday I can see that it can cause some disadvantages

Psychedelics for sure take you deeper and have less risks (in the typical sense) with them.

Though, I've found many good uses for cannabis, such as for yoga, breaking habitual days (getting out of the rut), dancing and making music and to some extent can also be used a great social lubricant and the occasional relaxation (don't underestimate the importance of this).

I'm careful about the type of cannabis I pick and use dry-herb vaporizer, which changes things quite a lot. I think the gold spot for me is to use no more than 1-2x a month, where the intention is quite clearly defined before I use it.

All of my mystical experiences happened on weed. I haven't use psychedelics. 

That bit of relaxation weed gave me was just enough to shoot me into a different dimention.. 

Also, all my Yellow insights came because of weed. Little Eddie (wounded child) was very scared to dive into deep contemplations, so I shut him up with weed LOL 

Me personally, if I smoke weed too often it does nothing spiritually and actually sets back my consciousness and personal growth. 

But I've noticed if I have it occasionally those times when I do, i am much more spiritually insightful and contemplation tend to come to me effortlessly. This is not if I am doing something low conscious while I smoke like just laying there watching Tv of course. Usually I'll take a bath or something along the lines of quiet relaxation. Also I notice the feeling of Love is amplified within me.

I do notice my ability to focus/remember however is decreased. So at times I'll have these insights and things will make so much sense but I have to write it down right away before my mind goes off to the next thing

@Gabith

Anecdote:

Why I would drink alcohol if I have weed?
Why I would smoke weed if I have LSD/Shrooms?
Why I would use LSD/Shrooms if I have 5-MeO-DMT?
Why I would vape 5-MeO-DMT if 'I am' meditation? 

??

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

4 hours ago, Gabith said:

Hey no I don't

Wtf man whats your secret?? How do you consume it?

I really like weed but I stopped using it because the day after or even two days after I am so freaking lazy like nowhere near my normal state...

Also used to smoke once or twice a week and a similar dosage

I’ve had nice and deep experiences but more recently I’ve felt a lot of fear while high and I don’t enjoy the brain fog the next day. Maybe it’s just not for me these days but I don’t feel I get much benefit using it for spiritual purposes or personal development. I prefer breathe work with really good music. Just feels much more healthy for me to process what comes up and work with the body in a sober state. I find myself far too lost in thought while high and this can make feel a lot of panic and fear.

Edited by Lyubov

On 20/02/2021 at 6:49 PM, acidgoofy said:

Wtf man whats your secret?? How do you consume it?

I really like weed but I stopped using it because the day after or even two days after I am so freaking lazy like nowhere near my normal state...

Also used to smoke once or twice a week and a similar dosage

No secret. I guess each person react differently to weed.

Maybe u should try it once a month with an intention and set&setting to see if you still have negative effects

I've had profound mystic experiences with cannabis.

There is a great book about this edited by Steven Grey called "Cannabis and Spirituality". Check it out, its a great resource!

The basic jist is: Cannabis, compared to most other psychedelics, is a nonspecific amplifier. That means, that it doesn't nudge your experience into any special direction. So set and setting become even more important with cannabis. If you set out to have a deep experience by meditating and not distracting yourself you can basically go as deep as you can go with DMT, especially if you work with edibles. But you can definately just stone out and watch cartoons and cannabis is ok with that.

I've found cannabis especially helpful when I work with the body and do yoga and breathwork.

And I've had some amazing results combining cannabis with other psychedelics. I had a moshroom trip once and about 1 hour after it was over, I vaped some sativa oil. And that basically started my trip all over again. It wasn't like a weed high at all but just like a second mushroom trip. Again, cannabis seems to be a nonspecific amplifier. It just deepns your trip!

Edited by TimStr