Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZZZZ

Loss of imaginary friends

7 posts in this topic

So I was just watching Leo's "Top 30 enlightenment insights" video, and I just had this very poignant re-realization that every person and every thing not in my direct experience didn't exist, and I felt this odd feeling of sadness wash over me as the ramifications of that sunk in. My Mom, Dad, Brother, Girlfriend... I just lost my imaginary friends. :(

No one exists, and it's lonely.

Edited by ZZZZ

@ZZZZ More precisely, they do exist, but what you thought they were doesn't exist. 

They are there and do exist, but that 'spark', that thing that made them special, doesn't actually exist, and you made that up. 

If you're a man, you can apply the same realization to hot women. Once you realize there is nothing special about hot women, and that specialness was arbitrarily made up by you, you can see that the only reason why you get turned on by hot women is because somewhere in your subconscious mind lies a script of programming telling your body to get horny when it recognises particular shapes and patterns resembling hot women... There is nothing hot about women, except for what you decide. 

Edited by electroBeam

There is a lot hot things about women. A lot. Especially if hot chick talks about nature preservation, opening of chakras and has cute little bracelet on wrist and so on. Cool and so hot. 

Radiating so much Love can't handle it well. What I've done. True Life, Life of Truth, Life of Love. 

Do you understand that you didn't exist either? With that, you could see there is no need to get upset over the matter.

On 18/11/2019 at 6:41 AM, electroBeam said:

@ZZZZ More precisely, they do exist, but what you thought they were doesn't exist. 

They are there and do exist, but that 'spark', that thing that made them special, doesn't actually exist, and you made that up. 

If you're a man, you can apply the same realization to hot women. Once you realize there is nothing special about hot women, and that specialness was arbitrarily made up by you, you can see that the only reason why you get turned on by hot women is because somewhere in your subconscious mind lies a script of programming telling your body to get horny when it recognises particular shapes and patterns resembling hot women... There is nothing hot about women, except for what you decide. 

Your subconscious theory doesn't make any sense whatsoever. ??

If that was true, a soul who born in an island, all alone, with no society, no internet connection or friends to tell anything, wouldn't be attracted to woman, but we know this is false, it has nothing do with shape, shape is nothing. By your logic, gay people who born gay, it's because of their subconscious, total BS.

Edited by DualityTheory

@DualityTheory yeah in hindsight I got it backwards. The 'spark' does exist, but everything else doesn't. The beauty of a woman does exist, but the beauty != a woman. The beauty is God, and woman is delusion. 

Well, the way I look at it, we only ever experience consciousness in each and every present moment, so without a direct experience of something, it only exsists as a concept in our minds. 

I'm not really upset about it now, it just triggered some emotions for me at the time. With the dissolution of the self, the other attachments no longer hold any weight.