JustThinkingAloud

Everyone can be happy!

17 posts in this topic

I find it so sad when people give up on happiness. Happiness is real, it does exist and everyone can be happy. I’ve spend decades on analysing, researching and experimenting with happiness. To get happy, we do need to work on the way we think and do something to get what we want. It’s available to everyone, the problem is that there’s too much generally accepted “good” advice that keep messing people up.

We are all born with the ability to be happy, we just need to learn what to do that works for us and stop doing things that don’t work!

I have an opinion on everything :D

Great post! I have recently started to find more and more happiness in my life from being present, and using a dream board. Happiness exists in the present, there is no time other than NOW where will you find it. That said, sometimes i bring my attention to the present moment and although I can recognize thought patterns that reduce my happiness. I'm not sure how to feel AMAZING in the present moment yet. Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Great post! I have recently started to find more and more happiness in my life from being present, and using a dream board. Happiness exists in the present, there is no time other than NOW where will you find it. That said, sometimes i bring my attention to the present moment and although I can recognize thought patterns that reduce my happiness. I'm not sure how to feel AMAZING in the present moment yet. Thoughts?

Celebrate every progress that you make towards what you want. That should make you feel amazing right now because every progress means that you're getting closer and it's also a proof that you're doing the right thing. Keep it up! :) 

28 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

What do you mean celebrate? Should i buy a cake? 

Do whatever you enjoy. If you can eat your cake without any guilt and it makes you feel good, that’s what you should do. Also don’t forget to allow yourself to feel good about yourself because you’re figuring it out and all you need to do is to keep progressing and you will get what you want.

48 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

What do you mean celebrate? Should i buy a cake? 

Don't forget candles:) ??

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

24 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Sounds like the makings of a roof party. . . 

Lol!xD

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Every step counts, from the very bottom to the very top :)

Lyrics

There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for
Oh oh oh oh and she's buying a stairway to heaven

There's a sign on the wall
But she wants to be sure
'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings
In a tree by the brook
There's a songbird who sings
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiving

Ooh, it makes me wonder
Ooh, it makes me wonder

There's a feeling I get
When I look to the west
And my spirit is crying for leaving
In my thoughts I have seen
Rings of smoke through the trees
And the voices of those who standing looking

Ooh, it makes me wonder
Ooh, it really makes me wonder

And it's whispered that soon, If we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason
And a new day will dawn
For those who stand long
And the forests will echo with laughter

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow
Don't be alarmed now
It's just a spring clean for the May queen
Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on
And it makes me wonder

Your head is humming and it won't go
In case you don't know
The piper's calling you to join him
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow
And did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind

And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
And she's buying the stairway to heaven

@JustThinkingAloud I often have moments where I feel genuine happyness, but they don't last long (like more than 1/2 hours at the very best)

Any advice?

10 hours ago, LeoX8 said:

@JustThinkingAloud I often have moments where I feel genuine happyness, but they don't last long (like more than 1/2 hours at the very best)

Any advice?

That’s a good start. Notice what thoughts make you happy and what makes you lose it. Also, don’t forget about actions. I’d have to know you well to know exactly what is going on.

I related happines with that feeling in childhood, where everything seems to be amazing and extraordinary. Sometimes i get glimpses of it, out of nowhere. 

Some people are so deep into their belief system that they are hopeless cases that won't ever be able to find happiness, that you would almost think it's true. 

But it's not true at all from an absolute, objective standpoint. I'm convinced that every single person is able to find peace in their lives. I don't care who this person is, what this person has tried, and how deeply this person is convinced that it can't happen.

The point is... There's simply a set of universal laws that can be followed to attain to peace and to awaken. There's nobody that is an exception to these laws. All that is required is first and foremost just an absolute commitment and willingness to seek out the Truth and then to follow it. 

People who suffer from "chronic unhappiness" and don't believe that they can't be happy, are actually being very absurd if they are actually very adamant about defending their unhappiness. You wonder why they even continue to live on in the first place if they are so convinced that happiness isn't for them.

Devotion to Truth or happiness is in essence simply creating a "do or die"-situation for yourself. You create a situation for yourself where you either get to Truth or happiness, or you will die trying. Once fucking around and wasting your life in useless distractions isn't an option anymore, that's when you will get out of your misery, one way or another.

The keyword is devotion. Relentless, uncompromising devotion. What your devotion is towards isn't even essential. The quality of devotion itself is essential.

Edited by Skanzi

I am using a new account named "Nightwise". In in fact intend to stop using this account from now on and use that account instead. So I am not planning on using these two account interchangeably or intermittently. Only "Nightwise" from now on. I am doing so merely because I like the username much more. For some reason, that feels to be important to me. 

2 hours ago, Jonac said:

I related happines with that feeling in childhood, where everything seems to be amazing and extraordinary. Sometimes i get glimpses of it, out of nowhere. 

Yes, we don't have to lose it, it's not compulsory to fully grow up, let's keep some fun! :)

33 minutes ago, Skanzi said:

You create a situation for yourself where you either get to Truth or happiness, or you will die trying.

I actually believe that you can't achieve sustainable happiness without knowing some truth, they go hand in hand. You don't need to know the ultimate Truth to be happy, just enough so you understand what is going on so your happiness is safe.

Great thread!

I stumbled upon a short book the other day and I read it in one sitting (just as it is recommended according to the introduction :D)

https://zenhabits.net/little-book/

Even though it's short and free, it has great value to it. I seriously want to implement the ideas from the book in my everyday life.

10 hours ago, nistake said:

Great thread!

I stumbled upon a short book the other day and I read it in one sitting (just as it is recommended according to the introduction :D)

https://zenhabits.net/little-book/

Even though it's short and free, it has great value to it. I seriously want to implement the ideas from the book in my everyday life.

If this works for you then that's great! I aim for more than contentment and I also believe in a "natural" approach to happiness, no pushing of anything :)