Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nak Khid

Have you seen someone fight death and lose?

6 posts in this topic

Have you seen someone fight death and lose?

Dylan Thomas said

Do not go gentle into that good night....

...Rage, rage against the dying of the light

I have seen this, a sick person passing but fighting against it

Seeing someone die can be upsetting no matter how they pass

Perhaps we would like to imagine for our own death a smooth transition , an acceptance

Is that the best  way to die?  

Or should we die fighting? 

I want to know what you have experienced not only what you think 

what have you seen? What have you learned?

Best way to die? By realizing you are already dead.

I have watch someone pass before, a friend, he was a child with cystic fibrosis. I had just came out of a coma, conquidentally he was sent to the hospital well I was under. I was put in a wheelchair and brought to his room where I watched him slowly fading away. He passed with a bunch of different medical machines hooked up to him, he couldn't communicate with anyone, so its hard to tell what was going threw his mind. 

Well I was in the coma I flatlined muliple times, I wasn't the same when I came back out. There is this deep love for life that I feel now, and watching my friend die like that right after the coma was surreal to say the least. 

The journey to death can be however you want it to be, if you want to kick and scream all the way down then kick and scream, if you want to go peacfully then go peacfully. The choice is yours, but remember, this choice is the same choice as how do I want life to go. 

Edited by OctagonOctopus

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

@Nak Khid isn't that similar to someone who doesn't want to sleep, but sleeps anyway. Does it even matter in the end how you did it? 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@Nak Khid The best way to die is, however, the way that person dies because that's what it IS

On another note, I have heard that when a person dies they release some type of DMT stored in their pineal gland, of course, there is no way to experience it unless you die but I can already foresee that my death is going to be a beautiful one.  Getting hit by a car or dying of old age, or dying while boning someone doesnt matter.  Every possible permutation has and is already happening.  What gets destroyed will become again only to be destroyed again.  Its a fun ride and pretty fun being limited.    

6 hours ago, OctagonOctopus said:

Best way to die? By realizing you are already dead.

I have watch someone pass before, a friend, he was a child with cystic fibrosis. I had just came out of a coma, conquidentally he was sent to the hospital well I was under. I was put in a wheelchair and brought to his room where I watched him slowly fading away. He pass with a bunch of different medical machines hooked up to him, he couldn't communicate with anyone, so its hard to tell what was going threw his mind.

Well I was in the coma I flatlined muliple times, I wasn't the same when I came back out. There is this deep love for life that I feel now, and watching my friend die like that right after the coma was surreal to say the least. 

The journey to death can be however you want it to be, if you want to kick and scream all the way down then kick and scream, if you want to go peacfully then go peacfully. The choice is yours, but remember, this choice is the same choice as how do I want life to go. 

Thank you for giving us a personal experience I didn't want this to be a purely philosophical discussion because nothing can replace first hand experience.
You say you were near death from being in a coma.
I don't know so much about being in a coma but I have noticed when someone is in a life threatening accident or are near to freezing to death people around them will tell them not to sleep and fight to stay alive.
They assume that when a person is having a severe health crisis that if they mentally give up they could die but if the mentally try to fight it will help them to stay alive.   They say "stay with me" to the person.
I wonder if this makes an actual difference.
It's kind of the opposite to when somebody gets a finger chopped off and they are screaming and running around and somebody tells them "try to stay calm you are going to be o.k."
Instead in this other situation they are saying that the person should not stay calm because if they relax and try to sleep they might die.
Instead they say "stay with me, listen to me, you have to fight this, keep listening to me"

So this is a situation where somebody "fights for their life" 
and sometimes they survive and sometimes they still die. 

Then we have the situation where a person is very old and has something like a very advanced cancer.
So they will be dying at some point.  Maybe it could be today or it could be in two weeks.
One person in this situation says "it is my time" and they pass the next day
But another person in the same situation says "hell no, I want to live" and then they die two weeks later fighting until the end

which way do we want to go?

@Nak Khid 

I was told people were talking to me well I was under, but I don't recall any of it, too busy staring god in the face. Im sure mindset has a effect on how well the human body fights for its survival, how much so is a good question. Having loving support always makes things easier.

There is two kinds of giving up here I bealive, giving up as in "Ill never be able to do this" and giving up as in giving up your idenitity realizing it was a projection. The mind is an artist that likes to created identity. Realize this and what is there to fight? 

Whichever way one chooses, whichever way one creates, different paths, same destination. 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart.