LfcCharlie4

Leo's Level of Consciousness and Your Own LOC

208 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2019 at 5:28 AM, Leo Gura said:

Tis a mistake

Tis ?  

A Renaissance approach?

Edited by Nak Khid

Can anyone recommend a good book for studying spiral dynamics?  Would you read a Ken Wilber integral theory book or Spiral Dynamic book?

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

17 minutes ago, Matt23 said:

Can anyone recommend a good book for studying spiral dynamics?  Would you read a Ken Wilber integral theory book or Spiral Dynamic book?

There are a few in Leo's booklist. ;)

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

12 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Nak Khid  very skeptical.

have you actually read the book to see what LOC 1000 actually corresponds with, it’s literally similar to the 10th Zen Ox Picture. 

The calf, bull or ox is one of the earliest similes for meditation practice. It comes from the Maha Gopalaka Sutta (Majjhima Nikaya 33)

364mZTKU_o.pngegghfKms_o.png9tUWIIrW_o.png

7oTHRbxM_o.png

On 11/15/2019 at 4:01 AM, LfcCharlie4 said:

Examples of teachers and their LOC (from the updated 1000 book)

Eckhart Tolle 674 

Adyashanti 1000

Rupert Spira 1000

Sadhguru 1000

David Deida 683 

Mooji 763 (Reading the book explains a lot about his controversies...)

Osho 754 

@LfcCharlie4   You didn't have a single Buddhist monk here, come on and several of these guys had self proclaimed enlightenment.
Sadhguru for instance was a businessman in construction and poultry framing.  He had no spiritual training and was not even doing meditation on his own nor knew anything about it. He simply sat on a hill, had a psychotic episode and called it enlightenment.  So he gets 1000?

And the parable of the ox. It's very poetic and metaphoric. This can't be compared to these sports-like ratings concocted
by self proclaimed guru Ramaji

And why isn't Ramana Maharshi on this list?  That's where Ramaji copped his teachings from

Edited by Nak Khid

@Nak Khid I merely gave a few popular examples I thought most people would know, for simplicities sake. 

In the book, 400 Non Duality teachers and 101 from the past are assessed, I’d recommend buying and reading it before constantly shitting on it, and you’d learn why Sadhguru is at 1000, you don’t know his whole story, that’s his original awakening, he could’ve had plenty more? 

Ramana is of course at 1000, as is the most famous monk of all the Dalai Lama ;) 

and about the 10 Ox herding pictures, yes they are amazing and very poetic, but just because a scale uses numbers doesn’t mean it should be shit on. 

He actually goes through 6/7 different maps in the book, and how they compare.

If you go and read the 100s of pages for each of the 5 awakening stages, you’ll then understand the subtle differences between each one and between teachers. 

It’s far from perfect, but for me, it’s been beyond helpful. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@modmyth of course people have awakened to 1000 suddenly, Ramana is the perfect example of this, but most people’s vessels won’t be ready to stay there and it could actually cause more harm then good. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Mada_ ngl, I’m genuinely shocked how the majority of people here are shitting on this without reading the book. 

Especially as Leo teaches Open Mindedness and Critical Thinking, I kind of expected a more conscious discussion than sly digs.

50 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Mada_ ngl, I’m genuinely shocked how the majority of people here are shitting on this without reading the book. 

Especially as Leo teaches Open Mindedness and Critical Thinking, I kind of expected a more conscious discussion than sly digs.

This is a great illustration of how sticky the hold is that belief has on us and how we all live in different thought and belief created realities. Even within this particular topic of discussion! xD In Leo terms, the disagreement is the content, the more we all train ourselves to see through the content to the structure the more we can interact with love and more efficiently share knowledge without getting stuck on it or dismissing it as foolishness. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw yeah I do get how it seems on the surface the whole numbers

as a scale, as I was SOOO defensive beforehand as it didn’t put Eckhart at 1000?

but then i actyally read the book and the descriptions of each awakening stage in great detail and it honestly helped me so much, it isn’t a case of one awakening and then you’re finished, very far from it! 

10 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

In terms of my own journey, I don't want to say a number or anything as people might perceive that as 'you think you're more enlightened than Eckhart, lol you're so deluded!!!' All I will say is I started in the late 500's, I am not 'finished' at 1000 yet, but I definitely am living in non-duality, and it's amazing, but I stilll have a lot pf work to do, even when you 'reach' 1000 there is still work to do, this is not some quick fix solution, embodiment of reaching 1000 can take years depending on the person and how much 'shit' there is to deal with!

If you are not 1000 yourself how would you have the perception to determine that if Ramaji claims he's enlightened and at the highest 1000 level that he is at that level or enlightened at all ?

Suppose you are in the 600s.   You would not be able to determine who is at a higher level only a level lower than you.
It's like a green belt in Karate trying to determine if someone is a red belt or black belt

In other words Ramaji  is claiming he has a method of determining if a person has reached a certain level of awakening.
How do we know he is qualified to devise such a method?   People can claim they are any number they want

@Nak Khid you can never know for sure, but then how would yo evaluate any teacher? 

Going by that logic you would never work with anyone, he also doesn’t claim there’s not a level beyond 1000, he talks from his own direct experience in the book, and has a passage explaining how it is always deepening, but the seeking ends. 

He goes over his “qualifications” in the book, I’m not sure what else you want to me to say, if you want to understand more about his teachings and his LOC Map I would recommend reading the book, it’s around 700ish pages on Kindle I believe, so is very in depth about each stage of awakening and his personal journey. 

There are key characteristics of each stage which make it easier to notice what teacher is where. For example read Ramana and then read Eckhart, you will notice there are differences. Awakening has vast depths to it, and who knows if 1000 is the end, it was the end of seeking for him and was for the 500+ people they have helped reach 1000. I am not claiming it can’t go deeper, this work never ends until you die in terms of working on your unique self as a human. 

I would love for you to read the book and then PM me to discuss your thoughts on the book and if it has been helpful, and if it isn’t for you I hope you find a path that brings you as much peace and happiness as this has for me :) 

2 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Nak Khid

There are key characteristics of each stage which make it easier to notice what teacher is where. For example read Ramana and then read Eckhart, you will notice there are differences.

I would love for you to read the book and then PM me to discuss your thoughts on the book and if it has been helpful, and if it isn’t for you I hope you find a path that brings you as much peace and happiness as this has for me :) 

Do you have free access to it?

What you are saying  here is "read Ramana and then read Eckhart, you will notice there are differences."

and read Ramana's book.

This means all a person would have to would have to do is go to 1000 level people on Ramana's list, listen to their lectures, take notes and read their books

and then just paraphrase it a little and

then you would be deemed a 1000 level enlightenment person.

It would juts be a matter of saying what they say

- and then if we were to look at what they said we would find that other people before them had said the same thing and they have paraphrased what they said are simply said the very same thing 

11 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Sorry if it came off that way, I just saw an opportunity to look for the funny. Perhaps inappropriate given the general consensus of the thread. 

@Nak Khid This gets into authority. We are our own ultimate authority, yet we turn over our authority to others all the time. This can be useful in certain contexts, yet I find it helpful to be aware when I am doing this. 

I like knowing someone’s background before investing in their theory, yet there is a balance of skepticism. If someone at the mall is peddling “Get enlightened and lose 30lbs in 30 days for only $30”, I would be skeptical. Yet if some seems genuine, has a history of study/experience and their work resonates with me, I’d be curious to take a look. 

Also, intellectual parroting is nit embodiment. The map is not the territory.  There is a deeper understanding that comes through direct experience. Once this direct experience reveals itself, it’s pretty obvious but in others. For example, someone may parrot stuff they read about nonduality. If they haven’t had nondual experience/embodiment, it’s super obvious.

Imagine someone memorized a bunch of English sentences yet couldn’t construct their own sentences. It would be quickly obvious that they can’t speak English. 

My recent average credit score was a 796 which also happens to be my LOC number ? ❤

Its a tool take it easy guys ?

Maintaining grounded openness all will be just fine ❤

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Nak Khid no, it’s like $10 on Amazon US I believe I’m from the UK so can’t confirm exactly how much mate.

i understand your skepticism and maybe I’m not explaining it the best. 

But surely you get what I mean? Of course you could just parrot non duality, but that’s not what I’m suggesting. I’m not a great summariser, but it goes deeper than just reading books and listening to ideas, but there are key distinctions of each stage. 

After all, the majority of teachers are speaking from their existential experience, read the book and you will say how he gives these people an LOC. 

Its much more than ideas and what they say, Like in videos I feel you can often sense the presence of these enlightened teachers, you could also talk to students etc, but I guess there is no way of 1000% knowing someone else’s existential experience. 

I can only speak from mine, and mine is that 1-1 coaching and RASA has transformed my life to a way of life I never would have on the path I was on, hence I made this thread to help people who were also in the position I was in just 10 months ago.

11 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

@Nak Khid no, it’s like $10 on Amazon US I believe I’m from the UK so can’t confirm exactly how much mate.

i understand your skepticism and maybe I’m not explaining it the best. 

But surely you get what I mean? Of course you could just parrot non duality, but that’s not what I’m suggesting. I’m not a great summariser, but it goes deeper than just reading books and listening to ideas, but there are key distinctions of each stage. 

After all, the majority of teachers are speaking from their existential experience, read the book and you will say how he gives these people an LOC. 

Its much more than ideas and what they say, Like in videos I feel you can often sense the presence of these enlightened teachers, you could also talk to students etc, but I guess there is no way of 1000% knowing someone else’s existential experience. 

I can only speak from mine, and mine is that 1-1 coaching and RASA has transformed my life to a way of life I never would have on the path I was on, hence I made this thread to help people who were also in the position I was in just 10 months ago.

Maybe you could give a free copy to Leo at least since he is a person of influence. 
What video on youtube is the bets introdcution to RASA ?

4 hours ago, modmyth said:

Just wondering, how do you personally distinguish one from the other? What qualifiers do you apply? (I have my own set.)

Honestly, if you just have one quick, chaotic episode and then you're done with that (and it actually works and you escape?), you've got it easy. Or you could drag the whole process out over many years. Or have a ton of psychotic episodes that go absolutely nowhere.

Not sure why people expect the practice of transformation to either look or feel tame (or in accordance to people's ideas of what graceful and appropriate is). Sometimes psyche does not go gently into that good night, and sometimes people don't choose to either, actually. 

How 740-ish of you

@Nak Khid I didn’t write the book, so it’s not my place to go giving it out. 

The book is also on Leo’s book list.

Most of their Satsangs they have on YouTube mention RASA, here’s one but there’s plenty you could watch- 

And, before you judge yes, their social media skills aren’t as great as say Leo’s.