Raptorsin7

Where Is Leo Wrong?

110 posts in this topic

Sometimes I think even Leo does not understand himself! :D 

It is like he is out of there , but at the same time he is so deep into it! 

Leo gives great hope in managing and reducing mental conditions and illnesses without medication. He challenges the mainstream thinking and thats gives strength to people. And to me too. And I really believe that medication will be needed less and less maybe until zero as you grow in your consciouseness during the years.

Of course, generally speaking, i dont agree with everything Leo says and I always try to not just to adopt but think and if it doesnt fit to me I dont adopt it. But I try to keep an open mind.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

there is no right or wrong - question is why are you here. everything anyone criticizes here can also be read as a critique about yourself or a mirror of your innate being. there’s no separation between yourself and yourself. to decide where he would be right or wrong you would need to know what’s right or wrong...a lot of ego at game in that question but likewise in the answers :ph34r: it’s all an enormous self reference loupe.

Edited by remember

OP checking in. This post came from a place of boredom and procrastination, and slight projection onto Leo I think. 

I feel much more clarity recently, and I don't think it's wise to waste time focusing on Leo. Take his teachings and run with them if you find them helping you out and you find they are improving your life. But if they don't resonate just move on and find someone else who does.

I personally find the forum more valuable right now than the videos, but spending time focusing on him is a waste of valuable time imo. Worry about yourself. 

On 11/16/2019 at 3:39 AM, Raptorsin7 said:

I mean more about specific techniques. Like for example, in Leo's video about unconditional happiness, he mentions the need to uproot limiting beliefs about what it takes to live a happy life, but he doesn't go into detail on how to actually uproot those views. So, that missing link would be an example of a criticism i'm talking about.

But. I think this thread is definitely a distraction, I can feel the hammer of the mods coming down very soon LOL. 

If the mods come down on this thread it is a most insightful reflection on themselves and the platform in general.  I haven't read anything up to this post that isn't heartfelt, honest, compassionate in its sharing.

I am also a proponent of acknowledging that the content Leo is sharing is not his or new, the content has been and will always be.  What is Leo's is the relationship to the material and his reproduction of truth through his own words, body language, artistic expression.  

If we look to Clare Graves or Spiral Dynamics we see that perspectives are boundless and rooted in the place they are derived from, none absolute.  With this in mind Leo's sharing is equally biased and rooted in the places from which he derives his shared perception.  It is impossible to bring totality into any verbal projection, despite our best attempts to do so.  

It seems the age old pitfall is the seeker over projecting onto the one who appears to be offering valuable insight.  This is a rabbit hole unto itself.  

Leo is doing a fabulous job in what it is he is doing, Leo is being Leo.  The degree of truth in his sharing will vary depending on who is receiving, from where they come, and to where they wish to go.  

To the topic starter... Brave post, much appreciated... To all those speaking with kindness and truthfulness well done.. 

On 15.11.2019 at 9:39 PM, Raptorsin7 said:

But. I think this thread is definitely a distraction, I can feel the hammer of the mods coming down very soon LOL. 

By 'distraction' do you mean - from inner work?

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@Nivsch The intention is important in whatever I do. The intention of this post was not to improve myself. It was just a thought I had when I was procrastinating meditation or some other work i had to do.

Like i feel "better" now then i used to. And i wouldn't make this post now.

Most often "wrong" is using a dualistic mindset in perception, which Leo also uses with his teaching. There are a variety of ways to understand our experience, there is the physical world, there is science, there is a psychological perspective, there is spiritual path.

With science there is a hard line between "right" and "wrong", with the physical world there are accurate and inaccurate ways of understanding it even though that line isn't quite as hard as it is with the scientific understanding. We all have "right" and "wrong" ideas about the physical world, none of us possesses complete and flawless understanding of the objective physical world.

In our psychological perspective we have all sorts of ideas in how we perceive the world around us and ourselves. These are much more subjective perceptions where "right" and "wrong" aren't clearly defined. Is spinach delicious? There is no objective way to find the "right" or "wrong" answer to this, it's subjective. Yet there are some physical attributes that would influence our perspective of this but it still doesn't create an objective experience of it.

With our spiritual path we subjectively create our experience of it in our imagination through our ideas of it. What may be "right" for one person could be "wrong" for another and even our own ideas of it may be "wrong" for us if those ideas produce self suffering in us. Our own spiritual path may liberate us from self suffering but that doesn't make them "right" for others because they may cause self suffering in them and does not liberate them from it.

When Leo teaches his own personal spiritual path from his own experience of it as a universal one for everyone and makes claims that it is a universal "truth" he is revealing how he doesn't understand the spiritual path....which he has been doing even if he doesn't use the specific phrase 'universal truth' because he spends countless hours telling others 'you, you, you'.

He is both "right" and "wrong" simultaneously about the very same thing....which is why it's pretty useless to frame things in the 'right-wrong' binary with thing outside of the scientific and physical world.

Also, don't mistake subjective and objective as opposites in a dualism or a binary, they aren't.

Edited by SOUL

Too much leniency towards gypsies, alt lefters and witches.

At this chance for constructive criticism, (although it was not Leo who asked) I skimmed others posts with serious insights on the highest teachings and nature of all... BUT only a ridiculous comment comes to MY mind... how much I liked the old video where Leo was outside, explaining a technique, in a purple shirt... I have preferences/biases for outside/colour. Also, Leo & I disagreed on the potential with collective conscious experiences, and with an open mind I still have not switched my stance. It has been years now, so perhaps he is more receptive to the possibilities...