Raptorsin7

Where Is Leo Wrong?

110 posts in this topic

From my understanding, he considers the higher chakras "better" than the lower chakras, which is problematic. Saying that everything is imaginary is exactly the kind of one-sided thing someone stuck in the higher chakras would say.

He talks of love and Oneness, but his attitude reeks of disrespect and separation. His subliminal message is very different from the teachings he tends to offer. So in general, incongruity.

He denies the value of materialism, in favor of non-dualism. Why not both?

It shows that his main preoccupation is fine-tuning his worldview, and that he is reluctant to taking in information and facts that does not fit in well with the worldview he has spent so much time fine-tuning. His denial of the material world is in my view a form of laziness, which allows him to not have to deal with it intellectually. Also, he should probably broaden his horizon instead of reading 100+ books on the same topic.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

1 hour ago, Commodent said:

denial of the material world is in my view a form of laziness

I would rather say that clinging to the material world is a kind of laziness xD

Absolutely speaking; Leo cannot be wrong. None of us can. 

He is walking his own path. No one elses. Others failing to recognize this can result in great confusion. Many believe a teacher is going to liberate them. They do not see that the teacher is only setting himself free. 

In my personal view; Leo has to integrate and fully embody everything he has realized, practise loving compassion and simple, down to earth kindness. Open the heart fully and let love flow through effortlessly. He could also simplify his teachings. There is too much food for the mind, not enough for the heart. 

I still see some arrogance, cockyness and self-righteousness. 

However, it is also important to understand the pressure he must be feeling because of his role. That might as well be something that's holding him back, in a sense.

On a side-note though, it's been months since I've watched his videos, so I might not be up to date. I judge mainly by my observations on this forum.

Overall, I think Leo is a great addition and has a lot to offer to the world. I value his work quite a lot, but do not necessarily agree with his views and approaches at all times.

19 minutes ago, Girzo said:

I would rather say that clinging to the material world is a kind of laziness xD

And I don't disagree with that, as denying the value of either side is a form of laziness. It doesn't matter which side you are on. "Everything is imaginary" is really only one side of the coin, something which Leo fails to recognize.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

On 15.11.2019 at 11:47 AM, Alex said:

I guess reading a bit of Nietzsche and Heidegger would put his insights into proper perspective and him frameing his insights as cutting edge is simply not true, he has just his own way to frame concept's like will to power as survival (which he borrowed from Peter Ralston who is also a Student of Nietzsche).

Well its very hard to REALLY re-invent the wheel. So almost everybody, even very advanced ones, at most bring the issues from a new and fresh angle of view, and in new style and if you also make it accessible and apeal to young people, Like Leo does, this is for itself a great thing and not for granted at all. 

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

On 11/15/2019 at 1:34 AM, Raptorsin7 said:

For those of you who have strong understanding/embodiment of advanced personal development and spirituality, what are some substantive criticisms of Leo's recent videos. Where do you think he is off, or what do you think he missed in his presentation.

Leo's content is amazing, and he's the biggest reason i'm even on this spiritual path. But no body is perfect. There must be something he's missing with his content, and I assume people here can fill in some of the wholes.

Please don't turn this into a thread where we critique Leo, and project all of our nonsense onto him lol (:

if I voice my opinion on what I would consider his fallacies to be it would just be my opinion about him and his opinion about life. And fundamentally it's just not important

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sorry, cannot allow a teacher on here who denies the truth of Love and God. That kind of corruption is unacceptable no matter how helpful the person might otherwise be. His formulation of nonduality is simply incomplete.

Anyone who denies Love as the highest teaching is simply not fully awake.

I think it would be more loving to be more inclusive, but, it's your website so you can do as you wish.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sorry, cannot allow a teacher on here who denies the truth of Love and God. That kind of corruption is unacceptable no matter how helpful the person might otherwise be. His formulation of nonduality is simply incomplete.

Amen and hallelujah brother 

There's no use to this thread. It's too conflicting to make anything good out of it.

Is schizophrenic mind real to the schizophrenic? Yes! He is experience it every day, Can you say his experience are not real? No!

On 17/11/2019 at 3:14 PM, Commodent said:

From my understanding, he considers the higher chakras "better" than the lower chakras, which is problematic. Saying that everything is imaginary is exactly the kind of one-sided thing someone stuck in the higher chakras would say.

He talks of love and Oneness, but his attitude reeks of disrespect and separation. His subliminal message is very different from the teachings he tends to offer. So in general, incongruity.

He denies the value of materialism, in favor of non-dualism. Why not both?

It shows that his main preoccupation is fine-tuning his worldview, and that he is reluctant to taking in information and facts that does not fit in well with the worldview he has spent so much time fine-tuning. His denial of the material world is in my view a form of laziness, which allows him to not have to deal with it intellectually. Also, he should probably broaden his horizon instead of reading 100+ books on the same topic.

I share the exact same views! ?

On 11/15/2019 at 8:02 PM, Moreira said:

Leos says consciousness is everywhere, inside a rock, a balloon, the sky. He's wrong. I watched his videos about brain and consciousness and he doesnt convince-me. Because in my opinion and other scientists, consciousness is absolutely dependant and a by-product of the brain.

Nah man, now you are wrong.

Check out what SCIENCE is finding out about consciousness. They are affirming everything Leo and the Buddhists say.

Best Documentary Ever

Edited by Arcangelo
grammar

Observations: 

Don't worship Leo as the highest teaching. Of course not. Leo's been wrong and will be wrong. Leo also doesn't know what's best for you. You determine that

There are more in-depth teachings from other places needed. Leo doesn't cover a lot of topics. Also other people help. Workshops, seminars, coaching, interviews, conversations, therapy, other tools etc.

Don't take Leo's teaching as an ideology

Contemplate genuinely what he says instead of blindly watching

Consume consciously, not mechanically. Watching is like a zombie ensures minimal gains. But still gains I guess

Leo's perspective may not be right for you. Do you need it said a different way? Do you need a different teacher who resonates better? Do you need a different angle/perspective? 

Don't take anything as a rule... Rules have nuances and places where they aren't true. Following things by the book when the perspective isn't true won't work

On 11/17/2019 at 5:48 AM, Leo Gura said:

I dont understand that. Is it not Experience that is allowing teachings, awakening, opinion. Experience of Love to know Hate, Hate to know Love. 

Not allowing someone to deny 'truth' of Love and God is dangerous and uncomfortable to say the least, on a public forum.

Personally, that just showed me a reason where Leo is wrong. Where we would all be wrong to not include Haters of Love and God.  

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

On 11/15/2019 at 7:55 PM, Leo Gura said:

Accepting you are EVERYTHING.

There is no devil. There is only God. God is everything. The devil is any part of itself which God rejects.

I don't disagree, but if God rejects those aspects of itself, it is interesting that God still allows them to be.

The devil is a Godly creation / God, so it is not less worthy or significant than something holy, in fact, the devil is holy.

One of the biggest questions I have about my existence is "Why am I me, and not somebody else?"

If I'm god I could have been any person theoretically, but I am me, and not someone else.

“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”
― Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent

4 hours ago, Chakra Lion said:

I dont understand that. Is it not Experience that is allowing teachings, awakening, opinion. Experience of Love to know Hate, Hate to know Love. 

Not allowing someone to deny 'truth' of Love and God is dangerous and uncomfortable to say the least, on a public forum.

Personally, that just showed me a reason where Leo is wrong. Where we would all be wrong to not include Haters of Love and God.  

It's nothing personal. It's not like I hate WinterKnight. It's just that I won't allow a teacher to use my platform to teach things I clearly know are mistaken.

It would be like allowing someone to enter a Zen temple and set up shop in the corner, teaching the opposite of Zen. Obviously that would not be tolerated. In such a case, go set up your own school. Then you can teach whatever you want.

No school tolerates all perspectives equally. The whole point is to exclude false teachings. Who gets to decide what is a false teaching? The one who runs the school. How else could it be?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'm not even close to advanced, nor I consider my self conscious, but I will leave an observation here. 

I've seen leo so many times admitting he was being wrong to things. That he passionately was teaching to people. So many times that there are many doubts that he will not change his mind again. Also people that follows him spent significant amount of time listening and trying to verify teachings that are no longer true.

I see as well a good amount of people *verifying* things leo is taking about at a particular period of time. 

For example. When leo said "I'm god" so many people bubbled up after that. "Yes, I had a breakthrough, I was God all along" they say.

I don't want to argue about the god thing. I'm not even into spirituality to discuss anything. But what all these people were waiting for all this time??? 

I just see a pattern of people following the spiritual experiences of leo, which is kind of weird.

I'm not a teacher or pursuing spirituality significantly but I think is good If the teacher gives something complete to people and not just teaching his own insights while his development. Especially if he is not even to the point of prioritize spirituality or any path over anything else. 

Please dont consider this as an attack :P

The most impactful advice I took from leo is think for your self. 

@dvdas Being wrong in this work is simply unavoidable. The only thing you can do is work to minimize it and make consant corrections.

It's just like sceince in this regard. You cannot ever have perfect science. It's a neverending evolutionary process.

If you expect perfection you will never go anywhere in life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Being wrong in this work is simply unavoidable.

i see.. i guess thats a good reason to be able to laugh about it at the end of the day.