Raptorsin7

Where Is Leo Wrong?

110 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Thewritersunion said:

@Leo Gura why is it inferior?

Because suffering is false, same as fear.

The only reason you don't like suffering is out of selfishness. So by trying to end suffering you are doubling down on selfishness.

The solution to suffering is to stop caring about it. Stop trying to escape it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura does accepting this fear also involve accepting you’re the devil? And you created all of this? 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

22 minutes ago, Thewritersunion said:

@Leo Gura does accepting this fear also involve accepting you’re the devil? And you created all of this? 

Accepting you are EVERYTHING.

There is no devil. There is only God. God is everything. The devil is any part of itself which God rejects.

Any time you say, "That thing X is not me." << that's devilry, falsehood, and delusion.

Replace X with anything: murders, terrorists, rapists, criminals, aliens, whatever.

Anything which isn't ONE is false.

37 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Well, the truth is, I became enlightened simply with the motivation of ending suffering.

How did you go about ending suffering?

@Thewritersunion there is only so much inferiority as you assign to it. if you don`t like inferiority as wording it is completely fine - as where he got that from doesn`t speak about inferiority but it being not the highest path to enlightenment. although the notion of truth would also mean to understand what truth means and if it might not just be a nice twist of the tongue that leads you to a different outcome than the original would do. you bend the spoon, you are not it.

Some disagreements/objections I have:

One is that he is not willing to get involved in confrontational situations, like debates and the like. I know he has his reasons for it but I feel like there could be some value found especially if it was about a topic that was maybe outside of direct experience. Would be nice to see some sophistaced conversations between him and other minds so that we can get a better picture in general.

Also his teaching style, I am not entirely convinced whether the direct and 100% revealing way he is communicating is the most effective thing. It is appealling to a lot of us, but I think it might be worth it to sprinkle in some Zen like mystery here and there so as to get our curiousity going. I don't know if he would be able to pull it off while still remaining authentic though. And at this point he has laid all the cards open so maybe it is too late.

Glory to Israel

40 minutes ago, Scholar said:

Some disagreements/objections I have:

One is that he is not willing to get involved in confrontational situations, like debates and the like. I know he has his reasons for it but I feel like there could be some value found especially if it was about a topic that was maybe outside of direct experience. Would be nice to see some sophistaced conversations between him and other minds so that we can get a better picture in general.

Also his teaching style, I am not entirely convinced whether the direct and 100% revealing way he is communicating is the most effective thing. It is appealling to a lot of us, but I think it might be worth it to sprinkle in some Zen like mystery here and there so as to get our curiousity going. I don't know if he would be able to pull it off while still remaining authentic though. And at this point he has laid all the cards open so maybe it is too late.

laying the cards open does not mean that there can`t be mystic. the problem is trying to keep one card in hand and neglecting all the other ones trying to control chaos that doesn`t want to be controlled - that`s more of a problem. which card is it?

Edited by remember

Leos says consciousness is everywhere, inside a rock, a balloon, the sky. He's wrong. I watched his videos about brain and consciousness and he doesnt convince-me. Because in my opinion and other scientists, consciousness is absolutely dependant and a by-product of the brain.

38 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

Leo was wrong to give winterknight the boot.

He wasn't booted, he left. He wasn't banned I mean. At least, in his last post he said he was leaving. 

Edit: I just went back to read the exchange, guess the disagreement was such that he really couldn't have stuck around.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

8 minutes ago, Anna1 said:

He wasn't booted, he left. At least I had read his last post which said he was leaving. 

My understanding is, Leo basically told winterknight he should leave if he doesn't see things Leo's way, and then winterknight said he was thinking of leaving anyway.

I didn't like it.  I thought it was cool how Leo was allowing him to do his thing here, but he obviously had a change of heart at some point.

@Beginner Mind Yes, ok,  I made an edit to my post. You must not have seen it.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Q: "Where Is Leo Wrong?"

A: In your mind.

Edited by Lento

On 11/16/2019 at 9:31 AM, Leo Gura said:

The solution to suffering is to stop caring about it. Stop trying to escape it.

Suffering is worth caring about because it is useful information. You learn that you should not touch hot objects after you feel pain of touching hot objects. You want to be cautious not to inflict unnecessary suffering.

Edited by CreamCat

"I'm sorry Winterknight, my experience doesn't seem to match with what you're saying. As creator of this forum and its related content, I must direct its purpose and the truth from which that purpose derives, as I see it. I hope you understand. I'd really love it if you could remain here and continue to help others as you have been doing such a great job of so far.

I'm sure there are many benefits to psychotherapy and indeed violin lessons. I do have a strong focus on psychedelics and who knows, maybe I will become delusional and psychotic. Such is sometimes the fate of the pioneer. Nobody knows the long-term effects of 5Meo. But I do feel as though being that pioneer is my path and so it too becomes a focus here on this forum.

There will be other forums where psychotherapy is discussed. We could even set up a thread if you like as I like to include all the aspects of personal and spiritual development that I can. In fact I'd really like it if you could be a part of that. If you would like to. I know that I personally could learn a thing or two from you. I saw a couple of the videos that you made on YouTube and thought they were great. I would be glad to have further discussions with you about my experience with psychedelics too, if it's something that you're interested in."

Edited by Dan502

Profound Familiarity
An Audio Journal

The toddler analogy from some video (probably titled "everything explained" but I can't remember) is gibberish, acting like a toddler playing with legos is not something that will get you closer to truth

Anger part 1 is also not going to help with anger issues

On 11/15/2019 at 6:06 PM, Beginner Mind said:

Leo was wrong to give winterknight the boot.

Sorry, cannot allow a teacher on here who denies the truth of Love and God. That kind of corruption is unacceptable no matter how helpful the person might otherwise be. His formulation of nonduality is simply incomplete.

Anyone who denies Love as the highest teaching is simply not fully awake.