Matt8800

Intellectuals Need to Awaken Through Their Body

31 posts in this topic

This is a generalized statement that is generally true. If you ever noticed, many intellectuals are regularly fatigued and sometimes can be more sickly than the average person. This is because they tend to live a lot more in their head and are disconnected to their physical body and subtle bodies. If an intellectual gets into a spiritual tradition that is body negative, as many of them are, this just exacerbates the issue. Of course, someone that is more intuitive can also be disconnected to their body but usually not to the same degree.

Long story short, I petitioned healing spirits to tell me why I have suffered so much from insomnia and daytime fatigue so I can figure out how to fix it. They told me very clearly it was from a dysfunctional hypothalamus and that I needed to see a specific Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner. He had an exceptional talent for "seeing" energy and told me my crown would open wide up with energy but my lower body was energetically dead. 

I then consulted the spirits again and they told me that I need to "awaken through my body". I didnt know why they worded it that way specifically but my Chinese doctor told me that the way that statement was worded was very profound but I needed to experience it to understand it.

I was led to some sources to start awakening my body but basically it involves moving pinpoint awareness throughout the body. For example, if you tell many intellectuals to bring their awareness to their knee, they simply focus their perception TOWARDS their knee. They need to move their awareness to their knee and feel the totality of the experience and all sensations IN and FROM the knee. This exercise can move the focus on all the points through the neck, shoulders, arms, hands, torso, back, pelvis, genitals, legs and feet. If walking, you can then move your awareness into the full body rather than just in the head as if it is riding on top of a mechanical machine. My Chinese doctor told me that it took him one year of these types of exercises to fully awaken through the body.

The benefits range from increased health, better sleep, increase psychic abilities, abilities to heal yourself and others, trauma resolution, etc, etc, etc.

A great book about how to awaken the body is Aligned, Relaxed, Resilient: The Physical Foundations of Mindfulness by Will Johnson.

Edited by Matt8800

I am not an intellectual but I dabble in theories in college and theorise a lot generally. Yes I feel that I overthink a lot and the only practice that I do is vipassana meditation which even after I am doing a little I feel fatigued afterwards and often go to sleep after when I am doing it in an emotionally or physically tiring mood. I suffer from insomnia and daytime fatigue as well these days which culminated (+getting distracted on working on it by too much data and thinking about it) in failing to prepare properly for an important lecture today for college and had a ruinous experience with family members because of that today. This a long ingrained habit and I need to fix it if I want to continue being able to continue studying at all. I considered running for half an hour tommorow morning but I am interested how do you combine this practice with meditation and do you do it when traveling somewhere and if so how do your combine it during daily activities apart from setting time for it.?

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

8 minutes ago, Milos Uzelac said:

I am not an intellectual but I dabble in theories in college and theorise a lot generally. Yes I feel that I overthink a lot and the only practice that I do is vipassana meditation which even after I am doing a little I feel fatigued afterwards and often go to sleep after when I am doing it in an emotionally or physically tiring mood. I suffer from insomnia and daytime fatigue as well these days which culminated (+getting distracted on working on it by too much data and thinking about it) in failing to prepare properly for an important lecture today for college and had a ruinous experience with family members because of that today. This a long ingrained habit and I need to fix it if I want to continue being able to continue studying at all. I considered running for half an hour tommorow morning but I am interested how do you combine this practice with meditation and do you do it when traveling somewhere and if so how do your combine it during daily activities apart from setting time for it.?

@Milos Uzelac Yeah, that sounds like what Im describing. 

I have also tried overcoming my issues with exercise and diet through sheer discipline....even when I am exhausted. Its better than nothing but my mind-body disconnect was exacting a big toll.

I would get that book and just integrate a head to toe body scanning/awareness into your meditation time. I also try to move my awareness into feeling my whole body at random times throughout the day. There are also some body awareness/scanning guided meditations on youtube. Over time, you will start seeing a shift in your relationship to your body. Its hard to explain but you will know how big it is when you start to experience the shift. 

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 Thanks for the help and advice sorry for not replying momentarily have to turn on my notifications it seems. I will try it out before bed tonight and tommorow morning before the run and when I feel fatigued I will try it to see if it boosts my energy in order not to go lie down and rest and study instead. 

"Keep your eye on the ball. " - Michael Brooks 

@Matt8800 Ive noticed this. Inhabiting the body with awareness is the same effeft having a really long deep sleep. In fact, it's even better than actual sleep. 

46 minutes ago, Milos Uzelac said:

@Matt8800 Thanks for the help and advice sorry for not replying momentarily have to turn on my notifications it seems. I will try it out before bed tonight and tommorow morning before the run and when I feel fatigued I will try it to see if it boosts my energy in order not to go lie down and rest and study instead. 

@Milos Uzelac I wouldnt expect too much initially. Just like it can take effort and time to awaken in the head, it can take time and effort to awaken the body. I would suggest incorporating it into your meditation for a couple months to evaluate but should take about a year to fully awaken.

Vipassana works well for this issue.

Edited by oMarcos

19 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

@Matt8800 Ive noticed this. Inhabiting the body with awareness is the same effeft having a really long deep sleep. In fact, it's even better than actual sleep. 

@Nickyy Yeah, it has an amazing connect to the body. Its crazy that Ive gone this far on my spiritual path and didnt understand this until now :) 

24 minutes ago, oMarcos said:

Vipassana works well for this issue.

@oMarcos It works great for this!

38 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

what about breathing techniques?

@Nak Khid There are ways to combine visualization and breathwork to move powerful energy through the body but in the beginning, it is best to just focus on the awareness of that body "spot". Focusing on the breathing can detract from the fragile awareness of things one is usually not aware of. Until one fully awakens their body, I think they should probably just do your normal meditation breathing. Since I am just starting on this new chapter of my path, that is what Im doing.

Once someone awakens through their body, they can integrate other techniques for healing, vitality, protection, sorcery, etc.

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 Great post, thank you. I can totally relate, I used to get mental fatigue and insomnia from over thinking almost obsessively. Finding yoga and Reiki was my savoir actually as I had nil body awareness. I'll take a look at that book. When you tap into the bodies energy fields, wow the shift in awareness is amazing. 

8 hours ago, Surfingthewave said:

@Matt8800 Great post, thank you. I can totally relate, I used to get mental fatigue and insomnia from over thinking almost obsessively. Finding yoga and Reiki was my savoir actually as I had nil body awareness. I'll take a look at that book. When you tap into the bodies energy fields, wow the shift in awareness is amazing. 

@Surfingthewave Im excited to work on this and experience it! Its going to be a big focus of mine in 2020.

Not trying to promote substance use over practices like hatha yoga for this, BUT every once in a while taking some kratom or a cannabis edible helps me really get in touch with my body and become more conscious on any muscle tightness/joint stiffness/lack of range of motion ect. going on that I normally would not have been aware of, even if I deliberately were to try to feel for those things. Combine that with some trigger point self massage/stretching or yoga poses and that brings about some great healing. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

1 hour ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

@Matt8800 Amazing, thank you for sharing this! Is Kriya Yoga something that tackles this too? I'm honestly thinking to get back into it.

@peanutspathtotruth I think it definitely can....if done right. Ive had a fair amount of experience with Yoga asanas but they werent as useful to me as they could have been because I didnt understand how to bring the awareness to specific parts of my body. If I had understood that well, it would have been so much more useful to me. 

Since I have been so out of touch with awareness of the body, right now, I am just focusing on body scanning meditation. I have noticed big changes in just the first week however. Once I have made a lot more progress, I might try experimenting with combining my new body awareness abilities with physical practices like hatha (or Kriya) yoga.

Ultimately, I believe these new abilities will supercharge powerful energetic practices like Inner Fire meditation (Tibetan) and Micro cosmic orbit meditation (Taoist). There are many interesting things that can be done with these practices :)

Edited by Matt8800

43 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Not trying to promote substance use over practices like hatha yoga for this, BUT every once in a while taking some kratom or a cannabis edible helps me really get in touch with my body and become more conscious on any muscle tightness/joint stiffness/lack of range of motion ect. going on that I normally would not have been aware of, even if I deliberately were to try to feel for those things. Combine that with some trigger point self massage/stretching or yoga poses and that brings about some great healing. 

@TrynaBeTurquoise Totally agree! Microdosing LSD and packing a bit of DMT into a joint are also both extremely effective. I usually make my best progress into new territory with a bit of help from psychedelics. Then I work on the integration with some additional help from psychedelics and a lot without.