Charlotte

Time management

18 posts in this topic

Please share with myself and the forum your tips/trick's and resources on time management (managing your time when you have many things/projects/errands to do) 

(I have watched Leo's video)

Thank you :)

At the moment, a calender is the best tool for me. I put my days into two parts 08:00-16:00 / 16:00-24:00 and plan those out at the beginning of each one. I also have an about one hour grounding period for each of those. (Meditation, Lifting, etc.) 

I hit them with about 30% accuracy, but hey that a hell of a lot better than zero.

@Shroomdoctor great angel to come at it! Splitting day into two! Thank you ?

@Shiva Yeah my meaning was the same as how you describe it, just hear they use the name time management but I totally see what you're saying and it makes hella sense ?

Yes I've looked into Pomodoro but I'll look into it again as a refresh. Thanks for your time (;)@Shiva

I can't function without appt reminder cards, a calendar, to do list and most important....post-it notes...love em' xD

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Try FOREST app. See if it's useful to you :) 

Obviously Calendars app and reminders is key too

Edited by PenguinPablo

IMG_0869.JPG

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

small qureacity to share 

"Time management is also motor-assisted by a spread of skills, tools, and techniques wont to manage time once accomplishing specific tasks, projects, and goals yielding with a maturity date. Initially, time management spoken simply business or work activities, however eventually the term broadened to incorporate personal activities likewise. A time management system could be a designed combination of processes, tools, techniques, and ways"

It’s different for everyone but for me, if my phone or some tab is open on my laptop I get distracted.

pomodoro is great advice. 

But I think removing all distractions, writing down exactly what you need to get done and laser focusing on that is most effective.

calendar apps are also great.

what are you trying to be more productive in relation to? Is it Fitness, Business etc

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Eben Pagan - Wake Up Productive 3.0

Gold. 

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

@Anna1 I've just started seeing the benefits of post it notes... Where have they been all my life ?

@PenguinPablo Been using forest app for sometime, it's great! Literally just started using calendar apps as well... I'm a newb ?

@Girzo Toggl?

@Zigzag Idiot Love this! 

@LfcCharlie4 Thanks for your input. Off topic but are you a Liverpool FC fan? 

More productive in just getting shit done, nothing in particular. Just I've never been busy before, this busy is all new to me... I've never had to be productive ever so I'm learning. 

@SoothedByRain Cheers dude, you're always so helpful ?

15 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Anna1 I've just started seeing the benefits of post it notes... Where have they been all my life ?

Hahaha!

Gurrllll, yes, love em' ?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Charlotte at first it was really hard for me, because I kept judging the fact that i kept getting distracted and killing the trees lol. but then i removed expectations and decided that its okay as long as i make sure to make it my goal to kill less trees (get distracted) over time. less expectations :)

@Charlotte indeed I am, a hugeeee LFC fan, so it’s been a decent last few years haha. Why are you a Liverpool fan?:) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Charlotte hey??

Well time management is something I've struggled with for a long time.I was lacking results and being unproductive for about 1 year. After doing a lot of research and practicing a lot of techniques, I can share with you some insights I've learned : 

• Whatever you got to do, ask yourself why are you really willing to do (know your motivation ;and for the long run try to make it intrensic) 
  • Prioritize your tasks every morning,using a journal or an app, and if you find it difficult to be persistent then simply make  a list or map in your head of how  your day is going to go. 
  • Always keep monitoring your improvement. You can use a weekly journal (I found it very useful) and a monthly journal to see if the techniques you are using are really working. 
  • Try to have blocked times in your day for example 2-hour blocked time for studying continously, 30-minute blocked time for meditating, 1-hour blocked time for meeting friends, etc. It helps you being more productive as you focus on only one task at a time. 
  • Do the right thing at the right time. 
  • Have a morning routine that can inspire you and keep you on track. 
  • Be patient and don't expect incredible results at the beginning. 
  • Have realistic expectations.          Best of luck ❤️ 

On 16/11/2019 at 2:03 AM, PenguinPablo said:

killing the trees lol

This really made me giggle ? the reason I stopped using it was because I could access other apps whilst the trees grew ?

@LfcCharlie4 I am ? I was in Liverpool just last week actually (not for a match although they played Tottenham the Sunday evening)

What brings you to Actualized.org if you don't mind me asking? ?

@Alissa This is amazing. Thanks so much for sharing your insights with me. I shall apply them and see how I get on. Very motivational ?

?

@Charlotte  I've watched Leo for a few years now, and used to browse this forum from time to time. 

I was a hardore seeker for a good 12-24 months, just kind of spinning my wheels and addicted to reading books and listening to teachers like Rupert Spira on YouTube, while it, of course, has value, even Rupert himself said he doesn't recommend constantly binging him as the teaching is to be embodied! 

I've been working 1-1 with my teacher and receiving RASA since February and recently have felt a need to share and help people as much as possible, I'm certainly not finished in my awakening but the transformation in my existential experience that I would've never imagined, and honestly I couldn't be more thankful for finding my teachers, hence my recent posts. As well as that, I'm always looking for ways I can optimize my self-actualization and growth so enjoy all the subforums on here! :) 

Plus, a lot of my irl friends don't really speak about this, most 20 year old boys from the UK who's main common interest is football and sports don't tend to haha, so it's always good to connect with like-minded people. 

And, yeah it's been an amazing season so far, it's a shame Liverpool as a city isn't appreciated more, it's such a beautiful city, yet scousers are regarded as 'Bin-Dippers' and Liverpool a shithole which is a shame and very far from the truth. (Thatcher's tactics clearly worked :( ) 

Anyways, what brings you here and what's your story? :) 

Have an awesome week.