Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swagala

My breathing can be a distraction during meditation.

4 posts in this topic

In meditation, I will get to a state of peace and stillness. Then I can sense some kind of shifting in my consciousness only for it to stop (not sure if there's any significance or validity to this). When these shifts are happening, I notice that I would be holding my breath. I've noticed that most of time when I'm breathing, when I hear the sounds of the breath, it's like I get attached to it. I would identify as the one making the sounds of the breath going in and out. It's from the distraction of the sounds of the breath that makes it easier for my mind to start thinking.

Any have any tips or advice for this? Maybe I might just need to work on my concentration so that I don't get distracted by the breath or whatever.

Thank you for your time!

I got nothing.

Meditate more often and all those distractions will fall away.

@Swagala I have the same problem with my breathe. Whenever I feel like I let go to direct experience, I always feel like i'm holding my breathe and I need to do something or else I won't breathe. It's very annoying. I think we need to realize that even when it feels like WE are doing something, if we actually look and pay close attention then we will see that it is all happening and we are doing nothing.

I'd practice letting go more in meditation and letting things unfold more naturally

Edited by Ry4n
typo