Red-White-Light

Meaningless

12 posts in this topic

Hey Guys, 

I have recently lost all meaning in life. I literally feel like everything is meaningless. I was spending 3 years of my life working hard at work and college with purpose. I took 4 months off work after I finished college, and I spend most of my time at home doing nothing. It feels like I'm stuck at home and there's nothing to do, apart from going to the gym. I really wonder what people do in their free time. I don't really have that many friends either, so I don't really hang out. I always feel bored, time goes slowly, and I lost interest in meditating, exercise, fashion, grooming etc. Does anyone have any advice?

Edited by Red-White-Light

Some ppl get really depressed when their routine is changed. Stopping work for so long doesn't seem like it did you much good. Seems you need to get active again. Look for another job?

As far as being social, not sure if you know of meet-up groups? 

https://www.meetup.com/cities/gb/17/london/

You're in London? I looked up "meet-up" for that location. You search groups and/or activities, then sign up. The only costs are for the activity itself.

Anyways, I did it once to meet local women friends and do an activity I was interested in. It was fun. I would do it again.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 minute ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Anna1 thanks for the advice. 

Your very welcome?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

12 hours ago, Red-White-Light said:

Hey Guys, 

I have recently lost all meaning in life. I literally feel like everything is meaningless. I was spending 3 years of my life working hard at work and college with purpose. I took 4 months off work after I finished college, and I spend most of my time at home doing nothing. It feels like I'm stuck at home and there's nothing to do, apart from going to the gym. I really wonder what people do in their free time. I don't really have that many friends either, so I don't really hang out. I always feel bored, time goes slowly, and I lost interest in meditating, exercise, fashion, grooming etc. Does anyone have any advice?

How did this happen to you? Was it studying spiritual teachings?

If you're not able to access the present moment and feel the aliveness of life, then studying spirituality can make you dissociated . Dissociation is like creating an ego that thinks it's apart from the ego. 

The way out is to watch your mind doing this as a way to deny living in the now. All depression ends when the illusion of time is seen for what it is.

@Red-White-Light I would take this period of time as an opportunity for doing some inner work. Ask yourself seriously: what do I really want?

It's natural to be confused after a l'ing period of hard work, but now is the best time for you to think about those things.

I hope you really take this seriously. I trust you <3

15 hours ago, Red-White-Light said:

I really wonder what people do in their free time.

What they want to. Not for “meaning”, simply because they want to. 

What do you want?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Red-White-Light

Going to college gave your life meaning.

It allowed you to wake up in the morning with a sense of purpose, a sense of belonging to a community and it made you feel that what you do in class today will make the future much better.

Leaving college removed the meaning that it supplied to your life...which is why you feel depressed, you are now empty of  "college meaning".

The goal is to find work, friendships and hobbies that will slowly add meaning to your life. Doing nothing all day is a sure ticket to depression.

Mark Manson's book "Everything is Fucked, a book about Hope" is a masterpiece on the topic of depression and how we can create meaningful lives.

1 minute ago, Red-White-Light said:

@Anna1 Got another job, fixed the problem. ?

I'm glad to hear it, good for you ?

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Red-White-Light  I feel you. I am a medical student and same like you I would work so so hard  almost continuously  for  hours every day....So attached to become a good doctor.... I would not even care about how I feel and How Stressed I am... would just study for hours... and in my fourth year I felt how depressed how obsessed I had become.... So I continuously lowered my study time and same I felt Like fuck I had to do more i am doing very less... but I have started inner work now Working on myself my obsessions my thoughts... I have forgotten how to connect with the present moment... i struggle a lot but I know I have to gain my natural me back... i have lowered my identification with carrier not too low but Far less then I have identified myself earlier... I mediate daily.... Take Time to go out when i feel stress... and study accordingly and tell myself that It is enough... But sometime I will get stressed and study hard... But I am recognising my patterns day by day... I just wanted to share ... I felt you a little relateable to me. 

?IngitScooby ?

On 13/11/2019 at 9:05 PM, Red-White-Light said:

Hey Guys, 

Make friends. Consider traveling. Read. I found value in Ecky and david Deida.