Thalie

"Oh my GOD"

10 posts in this topic

An observation :

WHY we Humans, many times when we are experiencing intense emotions like  Fear or Joy (orgams), we cry out loud  "Oh my GOD" ?

WHY God and not other word ? Is it a socially acquired expression ?

In the moment when we may encounter death, do we instantly think of God ?  When we are having orgasm which is also called "La petite mort" in french = The little death, is it a part of us "dying", breaking through to may be come face to face or experience God ?

Behind the "Oh my God", may be there is a deeper meaning. 

Just wondering ....

"Oh my God" is what's said in english...

other languages, who knows what's said

but yeah, it's just like each culture/society has got phrases such as this which are said - often by habbit, without much meaning

the deeper meaning becomes secondary i would say... it's almost like an expected thing to say. like "bless you" for sneezing or "wow" for seeing fireworks/sunset etc.

about the "deeper meaning" part ... it would depend on the person saying as well... if it is being said with conscious attention vs a robotic response

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

3 hours ago, Thalie said:

An observation :

WHY we Humans, many times when we are experiencing intense emotions like  Fear or Joy (orgams), we cry out loud  "Oh my GOD" ?

In the moment when we may encounter death, do we instantly think of God ?  When we are having orgasm which is also called "La petite mort" in french = The little death, is it a part of us "dying", breaking through to may be come face to face or experience God ?

Just wondering ....

When I get scared and a lot of people I know get scared, we say Jesus.  And none of us are religious.  I've found this type of thing very curious as well.

Edited by Mu_

no one tell this anymore in french.

we say : "putain" mostly. for everything that bother us. 

and we never use "ho my god/ ho my gosh"

mostly : putain / merde / bordel ( this one : meaning "mess" litteraly )

it's all cultural feedback learned through culture

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/putain

In human societies, the term "god" often has a transcendental connotation - a type of supernatural entity, beyond "me". So when someone reaches a "beyond me" realm - such as during sex - it seems natural for some to say "oh my god" during the experience. Saying "oh my pencil" doesn't have the same type of transcendental essence and energy.

People at stage blue tend to call out "Oh my god!!" during sex. Those at stage orange tend to call out "Oh my Big Bang". Those at Green call out "Oh my sacral chakra". Yellow calls out "Oh my integrated systems!!". Turquoise calls out "Oh God!!". For Turquoise, there is no separation between "me" and "God", so they wouldn't say "my god". As well, God is capitalized for Turquoise. 

If you ever realize what God is, the first words you will think are OH MY GOD!

Until such time you have no idea what that phrase means or why it is used around the world.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It depends on if there are terms in different languages equivalent to OMG
that are as popular

Similarly "Jesus" is sometimes exclaimed

10 hours ago, Thalie said:

An observation :

Just wondering ....

"Jesus" can also be used in place of OMG