Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Paul

LSD and awakening

8 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura, you made me very curious in your "..Facets Of Awakening.." video when you mentioned different psychedelics hitting different notes. I think the reason is because you said something like "..it's a complicated subject for another time". Since my last and next journey will be induced by LSD, can you tell me what LSD is really getting to the bottom of? What "notes" is it more likely to be striking? Maybe this will be helpful information because I can use it to set clearer intentions and with contemplation and a high dose hopefully I can grasp a deeper realization of a certain facet of what is. Or maybe not, thoughts Leo or anyone?

The amazing thing about LSD from my experience is that it hits on so many of these different notes - selflessness, unconditional love, infinity; it's one of the most versatile psychedelics IMO

A better analogy would be that every psychedelic is like a different musical instrument. You can hit the same notes using a trumpet, a piano, or a clarinet, but they will sound different.

It's too challenging to describe differences in psychedelics using words. You must directly experience their differences to understand.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Psychedelics have their own flavor, yet each psychedelic has a range of flavors. For example, each of my Ayahuasca trips were very very different. 

This is more prominent at higher doses. If I take a light dose of 50ug of LSD, I pretty much know what to expect. Yet if I took a strong dose of 150ug the trip could go many places and I wouldn’t have an idea what be revealed. 

Yet there are some general flavors that appear. For example, San Pedro is super gentle. I can “come and go”. Mushrooms are much more possessive. 4-ho-met often brings warmth and amazing CEVs. 

You can get a rough idea from others, yet the best way to learn is to get in the saddle.  

anyway, what matters just as much as which psychedelic is the set and setting.

Set = your mindset, how you're feeling, your mental preparation, your intentions

setting = your immediate environment. Is it cozy and clean and safe?

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

3 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Psychedelics have their own flavor, yet each psychedelic has a range of flavors. For example, each of my Ayahuasca trips were very very different. 

This is more prominent at higher doses. If I take a light dose of 50ug of LSD, I pretty much know what to expect. Yet if I took a strong dose of 150ug the trip could go many places and I wouldn’t have an idea what be revealed. 

Yet there are some general flavors that appear. For example, San Pedro is super gentle. I can “come and go”. Mushrooms are much more possessive. 4-ho-met often brings warmth and amazing CEVs. 

You can get a rough idea from others, yet the best way to learn is to get in the saddle.  

Interesting, for me mushrooms was much more gentle than LSD. But I am a psychonaut-beginner.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

I mainly use psylocibin truffles to trip, I can legally buy them in a shop on a 5 min walk ?

Different types of truffles seem to have different characters. Literally feels like I am being guided by a different being or intelligence. Some resonate with me more. Different ones are better for different intentions. 

Lately also started to like eatable cannabis. Very nice for becoming aware of the body. Also brings me into high states of consciousness that are manageable when leaving the house. Yoga or salsa with a little eatable? Daym. 

Realizeyourgrowth.com

@Leo Gura You've characterized mushrooms as "twisted" before, care to expound on this? 

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell