assx95

What are some good books on Human sexuality?

8 posts in this topic

I am not looking on book on how to attract women. 

I am looking for books which go into some depth into the history of human sexuality and how it evolved over the years. 

Sex at Dawn is one such book, i couldn't find any other. If anyone knows, i'd happy to know. 

Michel Foucault - history of sexuality

Currently it's on my to-read list. If you decide to read it let me know how it is.

@SaWaSaurus Thanks. 

2 hours ago, SaWaSaurus said:

If you decide to read it let me know how it is.

No, i'd be focusing on other stuff. 

@assx95 depends on the perspectives you want to take, i suppose. there are probably books that shed light from different perspectives. so i would try to find a range from different authors, if you are interested in the female view read from female authors.

@remember I tried to go through sex at Dawn which is written by a straight couple. And although they sound convincing on their own. Critics point out the inconclusiveness of the work. Is it all about perspectives?  I wanted objectivity. 

1 hour ago, assx95 said:

@remember I tried to go through sex at Dawn which is written by a straight couple. And although they sound convincing on their own. Critics point out the inconclusiveness of the work. Is it all about perspectives?  I wanted objectivity. 

you get objectivity by comparing perspectives. rather than finding out about the history find out about what´s going on now, then you can compare to history. ask yourself who`s objectivity it is first. not telling you to read bad books - although leo recommended us to change perspectives from time to time. that sounds kind of backed up for me - even though i also prefer books that go better with my own perspective or are rather objective, sexuality is always controversial. i don`t think there are many objective ones on the belletristic market.

Edited by remember

Thanks everyone. 

1. Sex at dawn. 

2. Sperm Wars. 

3. Michel Foucault - history of sexuality

4. The Red Queen: Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature