Dantas

Explaining Non-Duality

12 posts in this topic

This will be a fun little topic, but don't forget what it's meant here. I have been discussing ovwer 90 hours in my life time about non-duality with people who just need a light to see it. Serious stuff.

Psychologists , philosophers, historians can't get their mind around it.

What do you say we bring together some of the best resposes to it?

Reminder: Don't judge people below you and don't make this topic an excuse from the real interal work. 

Non-duality is like a door that takes you to the substance of doors.

unborn Truth

Allright, this is interesting. I have been trying to expalin it yesterday to one of my friends and he could not understand it... Or maybe i could not explain it well. 

Non duality is not a concept and it can't be understood by the mind which creates distinctions. Basically, we are pointing to a mistery, we are pointing to the unknowable.

"This" reality right in front of your eyes is all there is. This is the infinite appearing as finite, the formless appearing as form. It is a paradox. 

It exists, and it does not. It is everything ad it is nothing. 

It just happends. 

Another thing which just happends is the individual. Or the sense of being a separate self which has "an experience" of "this". 

So inside the experience the individual feels separate, gives meaning and has a story. The story is that i am coming from somewhere, and i am going somewhere else, into a brighter future. 

All of this, is an illusion. 

We are not coming from anywhere, and we are not going anywhere. 

"This" is it. 

This appearance right now, this is it. 

It does not need meaning, it does not need to change. Because this is already all that it could be. 

So all of the experience is an illusion. The experience of being separate, of having free will and choice, of that something needs to happen in order for me to feel complete. 

Nothing needs to happen. 

This is already complete. 

This is it. 

I am happy to discuss about that. 

Edited by arlin

10 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Unexplain duality.

Then, duality - explain non-duality? 9_9

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

I would start with - if they believe in a God creator-  if God created the world, it created it from itself.  Therefore the world/universe IS itself, and cannot be separate. If the world/universe IS God, then you and I are....

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

I don't understand why people care so much about this topic?  But I guess I'll add an idea in the mix.

The all Creator is to complex to understand or even talk about with are limited language for instance If we are all one and come from one Creator then that means the creator is quantifiable and being quantifiable automatically gives it a limitation and having a limitation automatically unqualified it from being the all creator.

So we don't come from 1 all Creator 

Non-Duality means not two, so it's technically an incomplete expression, it tells you what reality isn't, not what it is, that is left for you to find out yourself ;) 

However, at the deepest levels all concepts and beliefs are thrown into the absolute, even spirituality and non-duality are concepts, very helpful ones, but still concepts. 

Only when all is seen to be the self, and you know there to be nothing but the absolute is there true rest. 

Until you die, you will live in Duality, you simply can't transcend what is. Of course it looks very different than before. 

This ugly duality really is it, weird how it all goes full circle, the greatest joke of all perhaps. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Reality before the conditioned mind gets ahold of it.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi