jj40

If I don't control my thoughts how can I take full responsibility for my life?

56 posts in this topic

I would really like some help with this one. A few days ago I realized while meditating that I had absolutely zero control over the thoughts popping up in my mind. It was a scary realization at first but I managed to let it go briefly... However I have heard Leo talk about how you must take full responsibility for your life and this really inspired me to make serious development and progress in my life. But if I am not in control of my thoughts at all and these thoughts essentially shape the kind of life I create then how can I take full responsibility for my life? Am I in control of the thoughts I decide to give attention too and act upon those or is that simply another thought I am not in control of? If I have no free will at all then I'm not in control of anything including what I do? Really would love to hear anyone who has experienced something like this it was very strange feeling when I realized for a small space of time I wasn't in any control of my thoughts.

Thoughts are often not a problem until you act on them or respond to them.

I don't think you need to control your thoughts to take responsibility. Action speaks louder than thoughts. 

I can't remember who said this but it was something like "trying to control your thoughts is like trying to hold a river in your hands"

If you try to control your thoughts you are pissing in the wind. That's my experience. It's how you interact with your thoughts that's key. The mind is a master story teller. 

Great question! Everyone always sais we don't control thoughts, and we don't control anything. I don't know how any of that stuff works. But i can you tell from personal experience, that the greatest growth i've ever experienced came as a result of ME consciously directing my thoughts and deciding what I wanted and saying it to myself. So while I don't understand this stuff, I'm pretty sure its bad to think I can't control my thoughts. Because you might think one day, I'm a loser and I can't improve. And in reality you are not a loser, and you can improve. So maybe its that we can't control our thoughts, but we can choose how we relate to them, and we can choose to think better after we are aware of them. But I have no good idea, and i'm kinda rambling lol. Hopefully someone else knows more (: 

We find ourselves in a world magically already underway, a bit like a new character on the set of a movie, and by the time we’re able to deduce a bit of what’s going on - we’re already up to speed on the program; acclimated & assimilated of, the ‘human, earth, physicality, me’, story, etc - the script. Then we start to notice the “script” of it, relative to, feelings. Then we start to see that the script, isn’t really written “out there”, but rather is being written - “in here”. The “script” has been running the show so to speak, running the feelings....but hold the phone! -I’m the author? 

Feelings aren’t like thoughts really, and an intuition in us, a feeling says, “hey...it’s time to flip the script...it’s time to start writing the story you want to live”.

You might say, if we were to pick a single word as the fulcrum of this revelation, it would be matter.

Initially, it seems like feeling, consciousness, love, ...are the product of matter, “obviously”. But that plot gets shot full of holes when the actor stops acting, and starts listening to feeling, to the real. Sooner or later, it is discovered, that ”it’s”, all relative. That what “matters”, is you, and what really matters, matters to you. You might also say all those bullets frozen in time, with the ‘wave of a hand’, are actually just the thoughts of Thomas Anderson, the ‘me’ of the script...that the author, the one - you - can just....(insert story you want here).

There’s a scene, a changeover, awakening, in which One “walks right out of the machinery”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

All of this was my story. Story in which author became Heaven itself. The End

God =Heaven

♥️

The End of my false story of person and eternity of MYSELF as God. 

Frame to fully displey itself=Heaven to exist in full glory without self which claims life. 

♥️ For humanity=complete Heart opening for real actual Heaven to be displeyed and hold. 

Eternal rest at home. 

In my death I become and always was life itself. (quite funny considering last name of person)

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Nahm So what changes after the "awakening" is the point of view, is non-dual perspective just a point of view? 

@Nemo28 You might say nothing changes, there is no nondual perspective / point of view. What perspective is not thought, perception, and sensation? What are these, absent the awareness of?

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Nemo28 You might say nothing changes, there is no nondual perspective / point of view. What perspective is not thought, perception, and sensation? What are these, absent the awareness of?

I cant even conceive of such perspective..I can conceive just "being" state which is absent of thoughts and feeling, but there is still perception, there is always something separate  which can identify that I am experiencing this or that or just "being". If you cant detach from the thing you are experiencing you dont know whats happening, but thats probably not a state which you are talking about right?

The funny thing is that before you knew that you don't control your thoughts, you actually thought that it was possible to take full responsibility for your life. You thought that you had a free will, and you actually used to have it, no? It's amazing how tricky thoughts are!

Until you break that thought of no free will, you will stay be thinking that you have no free will. Break it, and you will have a free will again. For that to happen, you need a paradigm shift, you need to move your thinking outside the bubble of spirituality.

Edited by Lento

1 hour ago, Nemo28 said:

I cant even conceive of such perspective..I can conceive just "being" state which is absent of thoughts and feeling, but there is still perception, there is always something separate  which can identify that I am experiencing this or that or just "being". If you cant detach from the thing you are experiencing you dont know whats happening, but thats probably not a state which you are talking about right?

Right on, that’s precisely the point. A perspective is a perspective, awareness is aware of perspective. Perception is perception, consciousness is conscious of perception.Thought is thought, ’made of ’ infinite intelligence, awareness, consciousness... and infinite, unlimited being.

It begins to sound like there are parts, pieces.

The trinity comes to mind. The father, the son, & the Holy Ghost. You’re the son in this interpretation, God is the father, and ‘reality’ - thought, perception, sensation – is the Holy Ghost.

If indeed there are not three, nor two, but One - then being, an infinite being, must indeed be The All That Is.  

You could say, you are already seeing and saying that you are detached from the thing you’re experiencing. Aware of it. Then, that no separation can be found. The ‘problem’ is, “I can’t possibly be that awesome.” You are though. There is no nonexistence. You so Are. 

The human mind games....

Social conditionings are programming humans to meet certain standards amongst other humans or even to stand out, over exceed & over exert to gain love, respect & worth. We all have walked in a pair of shoes that kept secrets & hid flaws due to the fears of not being accepted, acknowledged & loved for who we are created as & meant to be. We all once at some point or still have carried different masks to different scenes & events in our lives.

But you know, we all hate & disgust the falsity of having to pretend to others or even to ourselves who we are not. We all just want To Be fully embraced & loved without comparisons, conditions or pre-judgements of how we truly are deep in our core.

Carrying pretentiousness or secrets from your loved ones does not prevent anyone from anything great, instead it just eats you up for not accepting & loving yourself as who you are. We must learn to drop the veil of illusion and stop feeding the ego's fear based projection which we ourselves invented and worship so dearly.

If you are worn out mentally, physically, spiritually & emotionally, it could possibly because you're just tired of living an inauthentic life which you require extra strength to hide the gray areas. Practice acknowledging your own fears and see if you can come out honest with yourself and work on things that can reveal strength, deep healings and self-confidence. If you have loved ones, take advantage of them and open yourself up to get support instead of building an armor to protect your fears.

At some point in life, you'll wonder why you wasted so much of your human experience on living an exhausted lie than to live fully liberated owning all your marvelous flaws & imperfections.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@jj40 #1. Good job learning that you are not in control of your thoughts.

#2. Develop awareness over thoughts. Try to become aware of all your thoughts when you can. Make it a little habit for now.

#3. You can actually take action by either doing what jumps in your direct awareness or not. A great example would be lets say you are just sitting at home and you start to feel that you want ice-cream, now become fully aware of that. Now you can either go eat ice-cream or you can think why you want it and not have it. Now you kinda have more control over your life. Awareness is key in this work. In the future, if you keep being aware, eventually you will realize that you are no longer an "auto-respond human robot" to all of the external things. You will no longer crave junk food, drugs, sex, etc.

Good job though you have taken a huge step which are the hardest.

Mahadev

There's some good news and some bad news...

The bad news is...
...there is no you to have a better life, to become whole, to be a success, to find true love, to be one with everything, to see and know the absolute... or anything else you have imagined would complete you.

& The good news is: the Bad news!

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

17 hours ago, jj40 said:

A few days ago I realized while meditating that I had absolutely zero control over the thoughts popping up in my mind. It was a scary realization at first but I managed to let it go briefly... 

That is a big jump up in consciousness. The next step is to inquire about the *I* that has "zero control of thoughts". Who/what is this *I* that lacks control of thoughts? If *I* am not the thoughts that pop up, then who/what am *I*?

36 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

If *I* am not the thoughts that pop up, then who/what am *I*?

The most unquestionable question ever "Who am I"? ❤️?

1 minute ago, Eu Sint said:

The most unquestionable question ever "Who am I"? ❤️?

An oldie, but a goodie :x

17 hours ago, jj40 said:

I would really like some help with this one. A few days ago I realized while meditating that I had absolutely zero control over the thoughts popping up in my mind. It was a scary realization at first but I managed to let it go briefly... However I have heard Leo talk about how you must take full responsibility for your life and this really inspired me to make serious development and progress in my life. But if I am not in control of my thoughts at all and these thoughts essentially shape the kind of life I create then how can I take full responsibility for my life? Am I in control of the thoughts I decide to give attention too and act upon those or is that simply another thought I am not in control of? If I have no free will at all then I'm not in control of anything including what I do? Really would love to hear anyone who has experienced something like this it was very strange feeling when I realized for a small space of time I wasn't in any control of my thoughts.

I had this realization, it was weird and I feel confused when it happened.

From my current perspective, I would say that we don't control anything but life is making itself. Which means that:

• If you try to control your thoughts by doing some affirmations everyday, you are not in control of trying to control your thoughts
  • If you don't try to control your thoughts, you are not in control of not trying to control your thoughts

Think also about hardcore spiritual people who don't have any thoughts and who have an awesome life. They can't control their thoughts as they don't have any, but they still have a good life.

After a certain level of awareness you will not need thoughts to improve yourself or take actions on things, consciousness will do what's needed by itself. I'm personally not at this level, but I'm making the supposition that thoughts are necessary only until stage Turquoise.

You will take responsibility automatically by becoming more and more conscious, but even that will be out of your control.

You are not in control of the thoughts you decide to give attention too and act upon.

You are not in control of anything including what you do.

Things are extremely tricky and paradoxical here. At the certain level you need to control them and you think you have control where your not, at another one you know you don't control anything but you're flowing with life.