Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ROOBIO

Psychedelics and memory

6 posts in this topic

Does any one experience memory changes after taking a psychedelic. Do you notice a change in memory for the better or for the worse? How does it effect your long term memory or short term memory?

For the better. I remembered long forgotten things I didn't even know affected me.

I read  that one exercise you can try for better memory is to mentally play back your day but backwards. So if it's say it's 7pm. What did you do at 6pm? What about 5 pm? 4pm? So on and so forth. There's also certain supplements I'm sure can help. If I can't recall something I drop everything and just FOCUS on every single sense I can back onto the specific thing i'm trying to recall. Any emotion, sound, feeling, taste/touch etc I can get out of the memory is what I use to get something back if I ever can't recall something.

I have not noticed any difference in memory after 70+ trips.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I have not noticed any difference in memory after 70+ trips.

what about visual memory?

2 hours ago, Andrewww said:

For the better. I remembered long forgotten things I didn't even know affected me.

I read  that one exercise you can try for better memory is to mentally play back your day but backwards. So if it's say it's 7pm. What did you do at 6pm? What about 5 pm? 4pm? So on and so forth. There's also certain supplements I'm sure can help. If I can't recall something I drop everything and just FOCUS on every single sense I can back onto the specific thing i'm trying to recall. Any emotion, sound, feeling, taste/touch etc I can get out of the memory is what I use to get something back if I ever can't recall something.

actually i`m super sceptical to use psychedelics for enlightenment. but that would be the reason for me to really try some substances again.

It might depend if your memory is being negatively affected by all the bullshit that psychedelics clear away, if all the background noise is making you unable to remember things they may help

My memory is better it processes and makes connections faster from psychedelics. How can it become worse if you REMEMBER "IT", the magical moment where everything makes sense while on the trip?

Edited by coconutwater