capriciousduck

Constant Music Environment

8 posts in this topic

Guys, I will complete my exams(engineering exams) tomorrow. I am thinking to learn new things related to academics and to my hobbies. What I was thinking is, can I put myself in a constant music environment? I'll put on some classical music like Audiomachine's album tree of life, or Thomas Bergerson's Invincible or Mozart music. Considering that I don't get disturbed by the music while studying, does music while studying has any negative effects?

Personally I cannot listen to music while working on something that's intellectually demanding. I always end up losing myself in the sounds and I stop working. When I listen to music I sit there, close my eyes and listen deeply. When I do something else I do something else. The more you can narrow your focus in life the better IMO.

Sailing on the ceiling 

I use to read in a quiet place, but ultimaty is plenty of noise in my house like sounds of cars, people walking by near my window, family talking in the table, etc. So I decide to tried binaurals, and they work nice. Its much preferible listen to some kind of chill music than unpleasant noises. But if you have a quiet place I dont see the need of use music at all. 

@capriciousduck You can check out focus at will, it offers many playlists that are engaging just a part of the brain but has nothing close to speech or lyrics. It worked very well for me and offered different playlists that I could change depending on my mood. 

https://www.focusatwill.com/

I find music in 'loops' useful for certain types of tasks, but anything that requires my full attention, I prefer doing it without any music. It just so happens that if you really focus on the task at hand, you won't even notice the music, so then there's no point of it. But if you need it, say to keep yourself awake or do some creative tasks (as opposed to intellectual tasks), I suggest you check out a channel called 'Meditative Mind' on YouTube.