Cykaaaa

Is doing deep spirituality detrimental for me right now?

6 posts in this topic

tl;dr is doing kriya yoga in my teens totally non-strategic? should I let go of deep spiritual work?

I'm currently in high school. I've been doing spiritual practices for some time now (but also studying, learning basic self-help, installing success habits, looking for my life purpose), and it's been enjoyable for me. I think I genuinely care about discovering Truth.

However, now I'm a bit worried because of what Leo's been saying about the dangers of spiritual work recently. Would it be actually DETRIMENTAL for me to do Kriya Yoga consistently for the next few years? 

I am worried that if I stop raising my consciousness, I'll be reabsorbed into unconscious stuff and lose sight of what's important in life. I really want to discover the Truth and it's painful for me to let go of it. I know that I should get good at the "normal life" first but I am already working on it, so would also doing deep spirituality simultaneously put me at a disadvantage?

I'd highly appreciate your advice.

@Cykaaaa The only danger is yourself. As long as you don't trap yourself in non-functional mental patterns you'll be fine.

Live a good Life, build healthy relationships, be amazed by existence. What could possibly go wrong?

unborn Truth

@ajasatya Well, Leo said that enlightenment can basically strike you down for years..

Now that I think of it, I was hoping I could be doing enlightenment work without actually achieving enlightenment. Only raising my consciousness significantly to constantly see the beauty of existence and life.

Well, guess I'll continue my spiritual journey for now. Intuition will guide me.

1 minute ago, Cykaaaa said:

Leo said that enlightenment can basically strike you down for years.

It's not enlightenment. It would be your own ignorance.

We're always capped down by our ignorance. Spent 20 years seeking enlightenment and wasn't able to realize Truth? Oh well...

unborn Truth

The whole point of spiritual practice is to deconstruct and undermine the self -- that thing you call "me".

You're damned if you do and damned even more if you don't.

"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Hell yeah u want. I had my first glimpse of nonduality on acid under 18 years old. Keep going man!

My 2 cents