Nak Khid

Leo, about your 2014 Positive Affirmation video

17 posts in this topic

Positive Affirmations - The Tricks of Using Affirmations to Transform Your Life
•Feb 14, 2014

Leo you have this 2014 video talking about positive affirmations being effective. 
Here you talk about repeating a simple positive affirmation over and over again for 5 minutes a day

How much have you been doing this up to the present time and in the months and  years  following 2014?

Looking at a goal that is realistically attainable do you still think this technique is as effective as you did when you made this video
and continue to use it on a daily basis?

1 hour ago, Stenne said:

@Nak Khid this technique never helpt me at all. Youre better of whit some visuamisation or something

Did you dedicate  a week or mor and repeat the same affirmation over and over for 5 minutes minimum each day?

Edited by Nak Khid

It works for me great. The trick is to find affirmations that really resonate with your soul + you believe in. Also a desire to change helps a lot. 

And to have lots of feeling and emotion to go along with it 

From my current knowledge, affirmations are timeless and are a corner stone to attract things and change your identity 

The book creative visualization - shakti gowain has a nice guide for affirmations that you can check out. Also ask a d it is given by esther hicks 

Edited by d0ornokey

1 hour ago, d0ornokey said:

It works for me great. The trick is to find affirmations that really resonate with your soul + you believe in. Also a desire to change helps a lot. 

And to have lots of feeling and emotion to go along with it 

This.

Its not the repetition that changes you, but the thoughts and realizations that pop up during the repetitions that tend to be life changing.

16 minutes ago, Hansu said:

This.

Its not the repetition that changes you, but the thoughts and realizations that pop up during the repetitions that tend to be life changing.

That is not the theory,  The theory is that the subconscious mind is primitive and is what is driving strong urges so if the conscious mind gives a commend over and over again the subconscious will eventually conform due to the repetition - it becomes automatic like muscle memory  

A better alternative to affirmation would be deconstruction of your existing belief I think. 

For exemple: let's say I am shy. Instead of saying to myself that I am this confident person repeatedly even though I think the exact opposite I could ask myself questions. Why am I shy in the first place? I am trying to avoid something by doing those affirmations? If so what am I avoiding? etc. 

Affirmations are like putting a band-aid on a bullet wound. Sure it might cover-up the hole but you are still going to die if you don't remove that bullet inside of you. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

This technique is working for me, and made me cope with big insecurities,and fears for example : I realized that my problem with football was that i couldn't get into a state flow because of fear that i will fail  . So i did auto-suggestions for one mouth "I'm relaxed and spontaneous when Im playing" (for example) which led me visualize that, led me believe that i em, and led me to meditate, learn breathing technique, train more etc. and all this made me get in the flow state where I was 10 times better then before. I use this for everything, but you know, you gotta try it for yourself :D  What you think is what you create :D :D

@Nak Khid I have been doing possitive affirmations for 5mins daily  for 57 days straight without missing one day, my goal is 90 days so i almost done. i do believe that have works, only now that i have done it alsmot 2 months straight is that i start feeling the resualts. u need to do this for long periods of times before u see it working

1 minute ago, kira said:

@Nak Khid I have been doing possitive affirmations for 5mins daily  for 57 days straight without missing one day, my goal is 90 days so i almost done. i do believe that have works, only now that i have done it alsmot 2 months straight is that i start feeling the resualts. u need to do this for long periods of times before u see it working

What type of affirmation have you been doing?

@Nak Khid im not sure i understand what your asking.

13 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

What type of affirmation have you been doing?

do you maybe mean for what purpose i am ussing possitieve affirmations ?

for my self-esteem

affirmation is something that is very personal, in my opionion the best part is to create your owns

here are a couples of steps on how to do so:

1. Choose one negative thought you have about yourself and write down the positive opposite that counteracts that belief
  2. Make your affirmations short so they’re easier for you to remember.
  3. Start your affirmations with “I” or “My.”
  4. Write your affirmations in the present tense.
  5. Don’t begin your affirmations with “I want” or “I need
  6. Make sure all your affirmations are positive statements. (If you tell yourself you are discarding negative behavior and thoughts, your focus will be on those rather than on what you want to do and be. Don’t include words like “don’t,” “won’t,” “am not,” “can’t,” “not,” “doesn’t,” or “am stopping.” Instead of “I’m eliminating my miserable thoughts,” create an affirmation such as, “I’m happy being who I am.”)
  7. Add emotion to your affirmations by inserting, “I am [emotion] about . . .” or “I feel [emotion].”

18 hours ago, kira said:

@Nak Khid im not sure i understand what your asking.

do you maybe mean for what purpose i am using positive affirmations ?

for my self-esteem

affirmation is something that is very personal, in my opinion the best part is to create your owns

here are a couples of steps on how to do so:

1. Choose one negative thought you have about yourself and write down the positive opposite that counteracts that belief
  2. Make your affirmations short so they’re easier for you to remember.
  3. Start your affirmations with “I” or “My.”
  4. Write your affirmations in the present tense.
  5. Don’t begin your affirmations with “I want” or “I need
  6. Make sure all your affirmations are positive statements. (If you tell yourself you are discarding negative behavior and thoughts, your focus will be on those rather than on what you want to do and be. Don’t include words like “don’t,” “won’t,” “am not,” “can’t,” “not,” “doesn’t,” or “am stopping.” Instead of “I’m eliminating my miserable thoughts,” create an affirmation such as, “I’m happy being who I am.”)
  7. Add emotion to your affirmations by inserting, “I am [emotion] about . . .” or “I feel [emotion].”

There are different types of affirmations. Leo says his affirmation in this 2014 video was "I am a millionaire" .
So that is an acquiring a material object type of affirmation.
You have this other type as an example “I’m happy being who I am.”  which is a self esteem type of affirmation.
So there are different types of affirmations and some of them may be easier to make progress on but other not.
But this is also a dedicated method using a daily 5 minute repetition of the affirmation over and over again daily for at least a month founded on the theory that the subconscious mind is responsive to repetition (which is true in certain cases in my opinion). This repetition is supposed to be essential to instilling it on the subconscious level. 
Your point was also leave out negativity from the affirmation even and affirmation might have a positive conclusion.
Like you said, it's better to say "  “I’m happy being who I am.” rather than "I will stop rejecting who I am".
It means the same thing to an extent but like you said it's more positive to say what you are trying to be rather than what you are not trying to be.
However if someone was addicted to cigarettes then what?

Anyway some different types of affirmation goals so far:

1. Affirmation to feel differently about oneself
2. Affirmation to acquire something material or a particular financial status
3. Affirmation to stop doing a bad habit
4. Affirmation to start doing a self beneficial practice regularly
5. Affirmation to help others
6. Affirmation to relate to other people in a new way
7. Affirmation to inspire a spiritual breakthrough
8. Affirmation to endure a painful experience
9. Affirmation  detach from desires
10. Affirmation to focus on solving a particular problem
11. Affirmation to prioritize
12. Affirmation to deal with grief over a loss
13. Affirmation to enjoy living
14. Affirmation to be at peace
15. Affirmation to understand a sitaution
16. Affirmation to remain calm under pressure or chaotic conditions

These are just some types of affirmations and the repetitious affirmation method may have different levels of effectiveness on each.
For instance a affirmation to change how one feels about oneself is different from and affirmation to carry out some type of procedure

Also there will be some types of affirmations that could be poorly conceived

Edited by Nak Khid

@Nak Khid  okay I get what you mean with type of affirmation. To what goal is it being used... 

?

Couldn't make that out of ur first question ?

I am using an affirmation to change a belief about myself ?

You? 

Two powerful technique in positive affirmations

1) As stated repetition of the positive affirmation as outline in Leo's video, a  5 minute period of saying it (probably best aloud)  will ingrain it in the subconscious mind but in addition if you hand write it on a page or two of paper over and over again, I have found that that enhances the method.

2) A study in 2010 showed that a question "Will I "  placed before a declarative statement is more effective than just the declarative statement alone.  It's called  "interrogative self talk".  
Not that you are under a police interrogation the word "interrogative" just a fancy way of saying questioning .

Example " Will I lose weight? Yes I will"

Psychol Sci. 2010 Apr; 21(4): 499–504.

Published online 2010 Mar 9. doi: 10.1177/0956797610364751

Motivating Goal-Directed Behavior Through Introspective Self-Talk: The Role of the Interrogative Form of Simple Future Tense

Ibrahim Senay,1 Dolores Albarracín,1 and Kenji Noguchi2

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3626423/