Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ampresus

Are there any meals that could be considered ''healthy to be ordered''?

3 posts in this topic

What I mean is that for a long time now I have been eating food from my home only. I haven't ordered anything or ate at a restaurant in a long time. When I do eat anything from any restaurant, it usually is something with noodles, veggies and hot sauce. There is this one restaurant in my town that always promotes its ''healthy'' meals, but I can't really argue with them when compared to other restaurant. Stuff like Subway is just garbage.

Now every Sunday I usually order fish. You can see that after a few weeks I get tired of eating it. It can be good, but getting all those bones or whatever you call it out of my mouth is pretty annoying. I also understand that most if not all pizzas are not that healthy, sames goes for McDonalds and stuff obviously. So what do you recommend?

I have never tried sushi now I come to think about it...

The Salad at McDonalds is okay where I live, even the one with the grilled chicken (not the fried one). 

Ordering and going to restaurants is expensive though. I would recommend to eat healthy at home regularly and then when you do go out eating go to some quality rerstaurant (not fast food) you like and eat anything really. As long as you usually have a healthy diet eating a high quality ribs or steak with friends somewhere is totally okay in my opinion.

But to be honest here and there even I stuff myself with some greasy burger-king but thats it for a while then. Its not something that I do regularly, only 1-2 times a year and thats the point.

Edited by Forrest Adkins

Asian restaurants have some relatively healthy stuff. Sushi is a really good, probably the best option. Vietnamese restaurants have some pretty healthy and fresh stuff too with minimal ingredients. But unless you live in an area that has good Asian food you might be out of luck. Honestly, eating out isn't very healthy because restaurants, unless you go to a specifically "health-focused" one, use a lotttt of oil, salt and cheap ingredients. Then it's cooked in high heat which adds to the unhealthful qualities of the food. 

When you do go out just do it rarely and always get stuff that is fresh, not many ingredients, not super greasy etc. 

"You Create Magic"