Truth

Remembering vividly & Full Consciousness

8 posts in this topic

I have a good question for you guys to answer that would really help me out.

Is it possible for you to remember everything vividly? is that what full consciousness is?

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

30 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@Truth Full consciousness is NOW.

Yeah but I'm talking about the things that you forget. Is it possible to never forget anything? and see every waking moment as though you never went to sleep.

Like, a dream at night that you don't remember or is very vague, I'm talking about that always being clear instead of vague or foggy or clueless. 

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

@Truth Some people have that condition. It's not necessarily good. I prefer to forget things that I don't need to remember. Forgetting is a blessing.

unborn Truth

Yes, it is possible. As vividly as you see your hand now.

However, in my experience, it is unimaginably overwhelming.

I am much rather conscious of the very moment in front of me, only. One at a time. Instead of "remembering" all at once.

5 hours ago, Truth said:

I have a good question for you guys to answer that would really help me out.

Is it possible for you to remember everything vividly? is that what full consciousness is?

No, memory is mental imagery. That is not consciousness proper. That is mind activity.

The Absolute cannot be stored in memory. Memory happens inside the Absolute.

This is a crucial mistake. You cannot get to the Absolute through memory.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, ajasatya said:

@Truth Some people have that condition. It's not necessarily good. I prefer to forget things that I don't need to remember. Forgetting is a blessing.

Yeah it is a blessing but also I'm talking about vividly remembering peak experiences very vividly that are deep and profound and really something to remember, life changing you know?

3 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Yes, it is possible. As vividly as you see your hand now.

However, in my experience, it is unimaginably overwhelming.

I am much rather conscious of the very moment in front of me, only. One at a time. Instead of "remembering" all at once.

I get what your sayin', I just dont want to forget the most important things but I realize you just gotta make conscious effort to remember those things.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

No, memory is mental imagery. That is not consciousness proper. That is mind activity.

The Absolute cannot be stored in memory. Memory happens inside the Absolute.

This is a crucial mistake. You cannot get to the Absolute through memory.

I'm starting to realize this, I realize that I just don't want to miss an ultimately temporary peak experience, I want full conscious awareness of it so I can remember it vividly and feel good about it, help it inspire me etc. 

thanks for all your answers 

Memento Mori