DrewNows

We eat our colds ?

91 posts in this topic

Ugh this video says it all. The sad state of humanity ?

@DrewNows I read somewhere (can't remember the source now) that human corpses are now taking 10 years to decompose because of all the preservatives in the food ??

3 hours ago, DrewNows said:

I have to admit that I went through a stage like this. Clean eating is a neurosis.

7 hours ago, Nickyy said:

I have to admit that I went through a stage like this. Clean eating is a neurosis.

If clean eating is a neurosis what does that make eating processed foods?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

28 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

If clean eating is a neurosis what does that make eating processed foods?

I don't know. 

The reason I say clean eating is neurotic is because if you go spend some amount of time in that community you will see that it's not too healthy. It's excessively focused on hygiene and cleansing. You get the feeling that they would rather starve themselves than eat a processed food.

Processed foods aren't bad in moderation. It's ok to let go once in a while and eat something bad for a change. 

8 hours ago, Nickyy said:

Yes every perspective is bias from a specific lens. 

@Nickyy I don’t believe you’ve gone through detoxification. Usually it’s for the very sick or dying lol because it comes with emotional healing as well 

When you educate yourself and have the means to make better choices, it sure does seem ridiculous. :( 

We've got the abundance part down, you can imagine what a paradise a cheap grocery store would seem to a hungry farmer 200 years ago. We just need to bring the quality up to match. 

There have been years and years of people wishing for cheap food more than almost anything else, now we've got it and we're all like "HOLD UP NOW! It's too much!" xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Just now, DrewNows said:

@Nickyy I don’t believe you’ve gone through detoxification. Usually it’s for the very sick or dying lol because it comes with emotional healing as well 

You're right, I never went through "detox". But in all honesty I can't find much research to back a lot of what these guys claim. The more I delved into the community the more I just couldn't go along with it. There is a lot of story telling, quackery, outright distortion of scientific truths, lies, contradiction, and just plain old neurosis around eating. Everything seems to be centred around food. And hardly any of them look that healthy. 

If you like we can go on a deep dive into your favourite teachers and I'll show you how they don't make much sense. 

The other thing is it seems like another cultural hypnosis. They all repeat the same cliche assertions but have no reasonable arguments. 

It's really not my cup of tea. However I did lose weight and felt very good (until I collapsed one day after a climb that I normally used to do with no trouble).

7 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

When people get fanatical about something it usually signals cultural hypnosis. I have yet to hear a reasonable argument for "detox", most of the research we have tells us that there is no need for detox because a functioning liver and kindneys does all that for us. 

Granted a detox protocol might be useful after a course of something like chemo. 

And what about mucoid plaques? That black stuff that is supposed to be clogging up the colon? None of these hygienists ever admit that nobody has ever found any of this stuff inside anybody after being opened up on the operating table.

It seems as if they just want to ignore the massive amount of evidence we have against clean eating in order to keep their narrative going.

Also you got to consider that there are a lot of gullible people in the world. Hardly anyone is actually developed enough to resist enculturation, whatever form it happens to take.

And when I say enculturation, yes I do mean cult.  

1 hour ago, Nickyy said:

I don't know. 

The reason I say clean eating is neurotic is because if you go spend some amount of time in that community you will see that it's not too healthy. It's excessively focused on hygiene and cleansing. You get the feeling that they would rather starve themselves than eat a processed food.

Processed foods aren't bad in moderation. It's ok to let go once in a while and eat something bad for a change. 

I was considering eating raw semi-vegan... (raw fruits/veggies + milk, honey, eggs and fish)

Wouldn't beat up myself if I ate a candy once a month tho xD 

Edited by Aquarius

@DrewNows Among other discrepancies I noticed was the fixation on eating organic food. 

If you do a little digging you will find that organic food isn't really any more healthy than conventional fruit and veg. 

There is a database you can look at where organic food has been tested for antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and you will find that organic doesn't have much more vitamins and minerals in it than regular vegetables. Sometimes the minerals aren't even present because of the state of the soil. 

Organic veggies are slightly higher in antioxidants. That's it. But it's upto 3 times more expensive.

The raw food community also ignore the fact that organic fruit and veggies are grown on fertilizer purchased from factory farm agriculture. So your so called healthy organic fruit and veg is grown in cafo cow shit which is riddled with all kinds of pesticides and all manner of big pharma drugs that the vetinary and husbandry system use on the animals.

You're also getting GMO and glyphosate residue in that too. 

Then there is the fact that organic are still allowed to use upto 15 synthetic pesticides. Ok, it's not quite the toxic cocktail that conventional ag are allowed to use, but at least synthetic are regulated and tested. Organic pesticides aren't even regulated . They can use anything they want as long as it's organic. 

Look it up. Organic is just a big con. But it's sooo healing right? 

12 hours ago, DrewNows said:

I just finished watching this video... I feel like it has an important message. I will only eat local home produced dairy and eggs if I do. :) 

13 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

@DrewNows Among other discrepancies I noticed was the fixation on eating organic food. 

If you do a little digging you will find that organic food isn't really any more healthy than conventional fruit and veg. 

There is a database you can look at where organic food has been tested for antioxidants, vitamins and minerals and you will find that organic doesn't have much more vitamins and minerals in it than regular vegetables. Sometimes the minerals aren't even present because of the state of the soil. 

Organic veggies are slightly higher in antioxidants. That's it. But it's upto 3 times more expensive.

The raw food community also ignore the fact that organic fruit and veggies are grown on fertilizer purchased from factory farm agriculture. So your so called healthy organic fruit and veg is grown in cafo cow shit which is riddled with all kinds of pesticides and all manner of big pharma drugs that the vetinary and husbandry system use on the animals.

Then there is the fact that organic are still allowed to use upto 15 synthetic pesticides. Ok, it's not quite the toxic cocktail that conventional ag are allowed to use, but at least synthetic are regulated and tested. Organic pesticides aren't even regulated . They can use anything they want as long as it's organic. 

@Nickyy Interesting way to look at it... I wonder. Do you have any sources to cite to prove this, please? :) <3 

1 hour ago, Nickyy said:

You're right, I never went through "detox". But in all honesty I can't find much research to back a lot of what these guys claim. The more I delved into the community the more I just couldn't go along with it. There is a lot of story telling, quackery, outright distortion of scientific truths, lies, contradiction, and just plain old neurosis around eating. Everything seems to be centred around food. And hardly any of them look that healthy. 

If you like we can go on a deep dive into your favourite teachers and I'll show you how they don't make much sense. 

The other thing is it seems like another cultural hypnosis. They all repeat the same cliche assertions but have no reasonable arguments. 

It's really not my cup of tea. However I did lose weight and felt very good (until I collapsed one day after a climb that I normally used to do with no trouble).

31 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

I believe you. I feel the same way. Like everything has been stretched too far 

More like preying on people's fear psychology 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

33 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

I was considering eating raw semi-vegan... (raw fruits/veggies + milk, honey, eggs and fish)

Wouldn't beat up myself if I ate a candy once a month tho xD 

I eat junk about once a week. And I keep a watchful eye on my health. I think a candy once per month is neurotic behaviour. 

19 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

@Nickyy Interesting way to look at it... I wonder. Do you have any sources to cite to prove this, please? :) <3 

I'll dig some out.

8 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

I eat junk about once a week. And I keep a watchful eye on my health. I think a candy once per month is neurotic behaviour. 

I'm not neurotic I just hate sweets. Since childhood. I don't even like fruits that are sweet like grapes. It's a taste thing :D 

I'll dig some out.

Thanks!

Edited by Aquarius

18 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

I'm not neurotic I just hate sweets. Since childhood. I don't even like fruits that are sweet like grapes. It's a taste thing :D 

Thanks!

Ok, so why did you comment if the context is you don't like sweets?

4 minutes ago, Nickyy said:

Ok, so why did you comment if the context is you don't like sweets?

What I meant was, I wouldn't beat myself up if I ate fast food or candy bar once in a while, but I plan to go semi-vegan/pescatarian.

I don't like sugar in coffee or tea, but sometimes my mother buys me chocolate. For no reason. And I eat it because why not. But I never really crave sweets. 

1 minute ago, Aquarius said:

What I meant was, I wouldn't beat myself up if I ate fast food or candy bar once in a while, but I plan to go semi-vegan/pescatarian.

I don't like sugar in coffee or tea, but sometimes my mother buys me chocolate. For no reason. And I eat it because why not. But I never really crave sweets. 

I sense some inconsistency here.