Nak Khid

Can an enlightened person be evil?

17 posts in this topic

Evil is an illusion. Its just unaware mindsets/ worldviews stubling around in the maze of life bumping into eachother unconciously.

Edited by OctagonOctopus

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

1 hour ago, Nak Khid said:

@Nak Khid You would have to define "enlightened" and have to define "evil" first but I would say probably no. The reason why is that when the ego is no longer in control, there is no need to cause others to suffer.

Edited by Matt8800

People who understand their nature as awareness/consciousness do not do evil to others. It is "ignorance of one's true nature" that promotes evil.

Christ said, “Father, forgive them for the know not what they do.” (ignorance)

Ignorance/Maya makes awareness "identify" as a person who does not know that it is actually whole and complete awareness.

If awareness/consciousness is under the spell of ignorance it does actions that cause suffering to it and to others in the form of the "person".

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Nak Khid  Every human being has the ability to be evil. But who says evil is wrong?

Every action is either an act of Love or a cry out for love, but what is all-encompassing can have no opposite(aka LOVE).

So called Evil acts are simply a cry out for love and should not be judged as sinful but merely decisions requiring correction.

Our actions and behaviors are conditioned and can be traced back to the Big Bang. They are no one individuals fault.

Your true self underneath these conditioned layers is perfect and always has and always will be. This is the most important aspect to realize.

Knowing your true self will set you free ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

48 minutes ago, OctagonOctopus said:

Evil is an illusion. Its just unaware mindsets/ worldviews stubling around in the maze of life bumping into eachother unconciously.

If you want to take that route, enlightenment is an illusion

@Nak Khid Short answer: no.

One who feels Oneness in the heart suffers with others... and becomes happy with others as well. Any act of violence would feel like self inflicted violence. Any act of goodness would feel like self-love. Because in the end it is.

unborn Truth

12 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

One who feels Oneness in the heart suffers with others... and becomes happy with others as well. Any act of violence would feel like self inflicted violence. Any act of goodness would feel like self-love. Because in the end it is.

there is self in oneness ?

14 minutes ago, Nak Khid said:

there is self in oneness ?

There is One self. Atman = Anatman.

Everyone feels like "I" when in fact we're the Universe saying "I". We're all the same "I".

unborn Truth

26 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

Everyone feels like "I" when in fact we're the Universe saying "I". We're all the same "I".

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

On 09. 11. 2019. at 1:19 AM, Nak Khid said:

They can if they haven't thought about and integrated the implications of it. But it would be hard not to do that once you get there..

One fascet of the Greatest Awareness is indeed Evil. Evil like all other creation is part of the play of existence.

Evil is it's own substance, therefore nothing but evil can truly be evil. However, an Enlightened Person can certainly lead to the creation of Evil. An enlightened person could rape you and that would create evilness in your experience.

Do not forget that the highest consciousness is all-fasceted. The reason why the human mind tends to focus on the so called positive aspects of Existence once realized is that it is attractive to us. Reality however does also contain suffering, evilness and so forth. The enlightened mind, as you would call it, simply has a tendency to extinguish these fascets of existence from their own experience.

Actions and objects are never evil, only evil is evil. So an enlightened person cannot be evil as much as anything cannot be evil, however evil can exist in the presence of full awareness.

Glory to Israel

@Nak Khid okay - so understand that enlightened person is a title

that's all it is.

it is just like any title for example a manager

so, can a manager be evil?

of course

can a manager be good?

can he be both?

a title does nothing to limit what someone can or cannot be. it is simply a title/label.

you think / project what and how an enlightened person should be like. it's not like that.

so when you can see this. you should really just ask >> does a person title prevent them from being a certain way? does it impose or create a limitation of any kind?

so can an enlightened person be evil? heck yes! and what may be said is that the degree of their understanding is not total enough for that person to see that what he is being evil to is himself...

karma can take care of most of that though :)

enlightened is not any sort of a limitation like as if being enlightened meant one cannot taste anymore, or one's ability to add numbers goes away.

wood is chopped

water is carried

but elegantly

or not!

:)

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

21 hours ago, SoonHei said:

enlightened is not any sort of a limitation like as if being enlightened meant one cannot taste anymore, or one's ability to add numbers goes away.

wood is chopped

water is carried

but elegantly

or not!

:)

❤️.

Enlightened mean being borderless, limitless.@Nak Khid  A person is imaginary and limited . Enlightened person is also limited. Enlightened person being evil is still limited . You must find that infinite and limitless space which “allows limited to exist”.?

On 09/11/2019 at 3:43 AM, ajasatya said:

sometimes violence is really the love of the moment ( in special case ), but your sentences is pointing to honest truth.

if you take your time poisoning people, guess who is poisoning who.

I m just expanding the short answer.