Wonderer

Determinism vs free will with higher states of awareness.

8 posts in this topic

Something I’ve been pondering over, as my awareness grows through psychonaught/meditation practises I’m becoming a lot more aware of my ego and my mechanical nature.

When I become aware of my mechanical nature and how my ego reacts its changes what outcome I take, isn’t this a form of free will or is this just the ego talking here?

46 minutes ago, Wonderer said:

Something I’ve been pondering over, as my awareness grows through psychonaught/meditation practises I’m becoming a lot more aware of my ego and my mechanical nature.

When I become aware of my mechanical nature and how my ego reacts its changes what outcome I take, isn’t this a form of free will or is this just the ego talking here?

You're developing free will. There is no free will as long as you are ruled by unconscious processes. That's why blame is an illusion and unconditional love is the only logical choice. You can't blame a programme for doing what it does. 

What's left when you have no more expectations of others? 

12 hours ago, Nickyy said:

You're developing free will. There is no free will as long as you are ruled by unconscious processes. That's why blame is an illusion and unconditional love is the only logical choice. You can't blame a programme for doing what it does. 

What's left when you have no more expectations of others? 

@Nickyy I guess there is just love left and no attachment or a need for anything?

@Wonderer great job this is transcending your ego - being free of it and not a slave of it.   Transcending the ego requires higher consciousness and going meta - being aware and catching your ego behaving in a certain way mechanically and then countering.  It's very counterintuitive :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Wonderer great job this is transcending your ego - being free of it and not a slave of it.   Transcending the ego requires higher consciousness and going meta - being aware and catching your ego behaving in a certain way mechanically and then countering.  It's very counterintuitive :)

@Inliytened1 Thanks! yeah as soon as im aware of it i change my course of action, its pretty powerful, i feel like ive got some new sort of power haha xD.

However ive also noticed my awareness is shifting over into my sleep, im becoming aware that im dreaming and waking up like 3 times a night where i used to sleep right through which is annoying. is this normal?

59 minutes ago, Wonderer said:

However ive also noticed my awareness is shifting over into my sleep, im becoming aware that im dreaming and waking up like 3 times a night where i used to sleep right through which is annoying. is this normal?

Hard to say, everyone's experience is different so what is normal?  Perhaps it will pass.  I sleep like a log so i can't say...You may have a talent for lucid dreaming - there are many posts about it in the forum.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

49 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Hard to say, everyone's experience is different so what is normal?  Perhaps it will pass.  I sleep like a log so i can't say...You may have a talent for lucid dreaming - there are many posts about it in the forum.   

@Inliytened1 thats true, i dont even know what normal is anymore.... Well ill be! just read into lucid dreaming! seems quite interesting haha, might give it a go :)

10 hours ago, Wonderer said:

@Nickyy I guess there is just love left and no attachment or a need for anything?

Find out be becoming present