Pernani

Chasing excitement and thrill

5 posts in this topic

I dont even know why I'm asking this since I know I'm never satisfied unless i come to answers on my own, but what the hell, I dont think I have enough life experience to figure it out, so I could use some input from the wise beings on this forum. 

Basically do you think it's healthy to have excitement and thrill be the compass that guides your life? I mean in actuality, from your experience, does it really lead to a well lived life? 

I've been wrecking my mind a little bit about the single most important force that makes for a well lived life, knowing that you have limited time here on earth, it makes sense that you'd wanna construct your life around the things that excite you and light a fire in your eyes, right? Although I think I've heard of people say that it's empty and not really fulfilling. 

I'm not trying to follow hearsay but I also don't trust myself too much :/

A few other answers that came up as a basic driving force are love and beauty, although love is still a rather abstract and cloudy thing to me, I feel like I have a strong connection to beauty. Anyways, feel free to express your thoughts, I appreciate all of them. 

I feel like deep inside we all want that to be the case. But fear and doubt stops us from totally believing and going all in. Hence why your mind wanted ask for words of approval or disapproval.

I remember Jim Carrey saying "You Can Fail At Something You Don’t Want, So You Might As Well Take A Chance Doing What You Love."

It's very inspiring but again, fear of the "outcomes" in our mind stops us. Only an individual who has nothing to lose would be able to actualize these messages. Then again, we all technically have nothing to lose. The mind makes up the things that we believe we can lose.

I remember Darryl Anka saying something like how the brain isn't made to predict the future or outcomes. It's meant to experience what's in the Now. That sort of helped me give less trust towards the fear of undesirable outcomes the brain makes up.

And yes, you won't be satisfied unless the answers come from you XD.

I'm still working on all these LOA and following your excitement stuff myself.

I've always had this mindset: If this world isn't as loving, as exciting, or as magical as I Imagined it to be or was told it to be then I'd rather not live in this world. I'd rather fully ignore the whole world and live inside my own head imagining all the good things. Or you know, maybe something more severe.

Hope you find your own answer soon. ♥️

I got nothing.

18 hours ago, Pernani said:

I dont even know why I'm asking this since I know I'm never satisfied unless i come to answers on my own, but what the hell, I dont think I have enough life experience to figure it out, so I could use some input from the wise beings on this forum. 

It's always only ever you, so don't limit yourself. ;)

18 hours ago, Pernani said:

Basically do you think it's healthy to have excitement and thrill be the compass that guides your life? I mean in actuality, from your experience, does it really lead to a well lived life? 

In my experience true excitement and thrill comes to you and demands to be followed as if it's not a choice. When I try to make it happen there's a lot of resistance, and when I do get the thrilling experience that means that backlash is always right on the heels of it. For example, you know how some people have to drink in order to have a good time socially? That's because the alcohol wipes out their resistance for a short time, then dumps it all in their laps latter. The same thing happens when there's resistance present no matter what choices you make. Follow what feels good and follow your bliss, but be wise enough to discern between wanting excitement without resistance and chasing excitement no matter the cost. 

Resistance dampens the heights of the thrill that you want anyway, so what you really want is no resistance. It's not the desire for thrill that ruins a thrill seekers life, it's all the resistance he has. Counter-intuitively becoming free of resistance usually means doing things that seem boring, like meditation. 

True excitement sometimes doesn't seem exciting at all, to the mind or from an outside perspective and that's what's so tricky. A lot of the work that's done in meditation is getting the ability to look at the sky or a little bird and have it move you to tears. We are heightening our sensitivity and the wonder of life becomes breathtaking. At the same time all the big thrilling things we really really want in life, we're often too scared of to let ourselves experience. By working through resistance we drop our fear and clear the way for big desires. 

Pay attention to the feeling itself of thrill and excitement, rather than trying to sort out with your mind what things are thrilling and exciting. Don't chase a future that will never come, excitement arises now. There's no difference between the feeling of anticipation and satisfaction, we only pretend that there is because we often add resistance to our anticipation. 

Abraham Hicks is a fantastic teacher for this sort of thing. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

13 hours ago, Swagala said:

I feel like deep inside we all want that to be the case. But fear and doubt stops us from totally believing and going all in. Hence why your mind wanted ask for words of approval or disapproval.

I remember Jim Carrey saying "You Can Fail At Something You Don’t Want, So You Might As Well Take A Chance Doing What You Love."

It's very inspiring but again, fear of the "outcomes" in our mind stops us. Only an individual who has nothing to lose would be able to actualize these messages. Then again, we all technically have nothing to lose. The mind makes up the things that we believe we can lose.

I remember Darryl Anka saying something like how the brain isn't made to predict the future or outcomes. It's meant to experience what's in the Now. That sort of helped me give less trust towards the fear of undesirable outcomes the brain makes up.

And yes, you won't be satisfied unless the answers come from you XD.

I'm still working on all these LOA and following your excitement stuff myself.

I've always had this mindset: If this world isn't as loving, as exciting, or as magical as I Imagined it to be or was told it to be then I'd rather not live in this world. I'd rather fully ignore the whole world and live inside my own head imagining all the good things. Or you know, maybe something more severe.

Hope you find your own answer soon. ♥️

Thanks for your response <3 Although I must wonder if it's healthy to hold the mindset you mentioned at the end, of ignoring everything and living inside your head where everything is good, maybe a more balanced mindset would be to acknowledge the things that you don't like and understand or appreciate their "raison d'étre"

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

It's always only ever you, so don't limit yourself. ;)

In my experience true excitement and thrill comes to you and demands to be followed as if it's not a choice. When I try to make it happen there's a lot of resistance, and when I do get the thrilling experience that means that backlash is always right on the heels of it. For example, you know how some people have to drink in order to have a good time socially? That's because the alcohol wipes out their resistance for a short time, then dumps it all in their laps latter. The same thing happens when there's resistance present no matter what choices you make. Follow what feels good and follow your bliss, but be wise enough to discern between wanting excitement without resistance and chasing excitement no matter the cost. 

Resistance dampens the heights of the thrill that you want anyway, so what you really want is no resistance. It's not the desire for thrill that ruins a thrill seekers life, it's all the resistance he has. Counter-intuitively becoming free of resistance usually means doing things that seem boring, like meditation. 

True excitement sometimes doesn't seem exciting at all, to the mind or from an outside perspective and that's what's so tricky. A lot of the work that's done in meditation is getting the ability to look at the sky or a little bird and have it move you to tears. We are heightening our sensitivity and the wonder of life becomes breathtaking. At the same time all the big thrilling things we really really want in life, we're often too scared of to let ourselves experience. By working through resistance we drop our fear and clear the way for big desires. 

Pay attention to the feeling itself of thrill and excitement, rather than trying to sort out with your mind what things are thrilling and exciting. Don't chase a future that will never come, excitement arises now. There's no difference between the feeling of anticipation and satisfaction, we only pretend that there is because we often add resistance to our anticipation. 

Abraham Hicks is a fantastic teacher for this sort of thing. 

Honestly I don't know if I got the message you're trying to convey. By resistance you mean fear? And a life of chasing excitement will only be worthwhile if you deal with the inherent resistance beforehand? Sorry but I'm not really connecting the dots  

20 hours ago, Pernani said:

Although I think I've heard of people say that it's empty and not really fulfilling. 

I'm not trying to follow hearsay but I also don't trust myself too much :/

This is resistance.

Resistance can take many forms, doubt, fear, regret, insecurity, etc. 

It makes no difference what your life looks like, thrilling or boring AF, if you're always splitting your energy it feels like crap. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost